Soldier Story CIA SAD Night Ops Ver. 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To anyone who owns this figure, how are the boots?
I'm thinking of picking a pair up but don't know about the quality or scale.

I bought some pouches from the figure and they could be better quality, I'm hoping the boots are better.

Cloth boots from Soldier Story always top quality in my book. What is the pouches you mentioned? In my memory Soldier Story make good pouches.

Cloth boots from Soldier Story always top quality in my book. What is the pouches you mentioned? In my memory Soldier Story make good pouches.

I got the medical pouch and two of the tall slender pouches (This one) which are great for AK mags, I can squeeze three into each one. The issue is the weave of the fabric being a little large in scale and one of the plastic clips falling off. I also got a Hot Toys pouch with them and the scale of the fabric weave is much better in comparison.
Not a huge deal, the quality on the SS pouches is acceptable, on the same level as Sideshow's pouches.

I've had my eye on the boots for awhile, I'm using black cloth boots made by dragon on a figure and I'm a little bothered by the quality on those. I'll take a chance and pick up some of the SS boots, thanks!

I got the medical pouch and two of the tall slender pouches (This one) which are great for AK mags, I can squeeze three into each one. The issue is the weave of the fabric being a little large in scale and one of the plastic clips falling off. I also got a Hot Toys pouch with them and the scale of the fabric weave is much better in comparison.
Not a huge deal, the quality on the SS pouches is acceptable, on the same level as Sideshow's pouches.

I've had my eye on the boots for awhile, I'm using black cloth boots made by dragon on a figure and I'm a little bothered by the quality on those. I'll take a chance and pick up some of the SS boots, thanks!

My Troopers WEAR THEM PROUDLY . . . . . .

DSC06663.JPG

Sideshow_GIJOE_0131.jpg

the boots are great but i'm a fan of almost all things soldier story....tk, those troops are sooo awesome. everytime i see pics..:drool

Looks awesome! However, his unmasked head looks like WWE wrestler Christian with that grin.

I just bought one on evilbay for a good price it will be my first soldier story figure. Im used to getting hot toys but im expecting this will be top quality also.

This was one of my first 12 inch purchases along with Storm Shadow.

I still haven't opened it yet because I am a noob when it comes to these figures and all reports I have seen suggest this is a lot of work to kit up. It there a step by step walkthrough or anything to help?

There is a seller on ebay with a whole bunch of these at a bit more than I originally paid so if I mess the first one up I can always get a second one and try again :)

Most if not all Modern Military figs don't come with instructions as to how to set up the gear. Usually most people (including me) will go to how the figure is set up on the box, or change it up by leaving off or rearranging the gear to your personal preference.

My advice is be patient, and get yourself a good pair of small needle nose pliers to loop the straps through the webbing.

Patience was never a virtue of mine that is why I haven't opened it up yet.

I thought tweezers was the way to go for the straps? I better get myself a set of needle nose pliers as well, just in case. Thanks

I thought tweezers was the way to go for the straps? I better get myself a set of needle nose pliers as well, just in case. Thanks

My mistake, your right meant to say tweezers not pliers.:slap

I find, especially on the military figures, both are necessary. Especially when feeding MOLLE. The tweezers are great for grabbing the ends and pulling them into the loops, but the pliers give you more control and leverage when it comes to weaving them. They're especially great for feeding belts through buckles and pouch straps.

I find, especially on the military figures, both are necessary. Especially when feeding MOLLE. The tweezers are great for grabbing the ends and pulling them into the loops, but the pliers give you more control and leverage when it comes to weaving them. They're especially great for feeding belts through buckles and pouch straps.

Thanks, I will pick up a set today. At least it will make me feel manly when I am using tools to dress my dolls :lol

Now to show how much of a noob I am, what is MOLLE?

Thanks, I will pick up a set today. At least it will make me feel manly when I am using tools to dress my dolls :lol

Now to show how much of a noob I am, what is MOLLE?

MOLLE: Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment. Easiest comparison is basket weaving. It's the system used to attach pouches to vests nowadays. Much more sturdy than the Vietnam-era Alice clips but murder on the thumbs if you don't have a feeding tool. Murder on the eyes feeding it in 1:6 scale. :lol

Back