Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suited Venkman reminds me of:

MV5BNzU5ODU0MzY1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTY2MDE4OA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Ghostbustin' Venkman reminds me of:

220px-Quentin_Tarantino_(Berlin_Film_Festival_2009)_2_cropped.jpg

Oh you mean Abby or Patty? Cool. because ya know, when someone here says 'fat Ghostbuster' it could be read as only the new movie had fat Ghostbusters which of course would be both stupid and sexist as Ray was fat, Ramis and Murray got quite portly too the older they got.

Ray wasn't fat. Unless you're judging based on Supermodel mode.

no recent word on these in over a year eh? As the Blitzway ones are shipping, i'm wondering how these are gonna compare when they ship.

Yeah, I just ordered the Blitzway Venkman, I'd like to know where to get these so we can compare.

These apparently have more lightup parts on the proton pack. In fact, if this diagram is accurate I don't think there are any more places that light up on the real prop.

image.jpeg

Also it's insane how they modelled the alice frame with the real switches, ports and foam parts of the real prop?

image.jpeg

The light up parts I personally couldn't care less about. They're undoubtedly cool, but I literally never use the electronics on my figures. Most of the time I don't even put batteries in and turn them on, so I have no idea if they actually work or not.

What I'd want to compare is the quality. BW's packs are extremely detailed, but they're also very fragile. I'd want to see if the waist strap buckles on these are better, what route they went as far as attaching the wand to the pack, and what the cords are made of. BW used some pliable type of spring cord that looks fine aesthetically, but I think they could have used something a bit more practical and has more of a natural drape to it. It doesn't pair well with the way they chose to attach the wands to the pack because the slightest nudge when futzing the figure causes the wand dislodge from the pack and shoot off like a missile as a result of that spring cord.

From those pictures alone, I kind of like what I see in the SS packs better. The cord looks a bit better and I also like how they have that foam wrap around the upper bar on the fame, which is accurate and something that the BW packs don't have. The straps and belts also look more padded. The wand also looks like it comes with a hook on it, which would enable you to attach the wand to the keychain on the belt in the way Egon had his at the Sedgewick.

These packs (from what I see) on the BW figures would look really nice.

Mm I see what you're saying. But for me light up features are a huge part of the miniaturization. A sculpt doesn't really miniaturize well, neither do clothes, angular metal can if the workmanship is fine enough, but lights miniaturize perfectly. Especially in low light situations the sparse, realistic lights on the proton back really add a dimension to a figure. Also in photography.

The BW sculpts look nicer than SS if you ask me.

The SS versions also appear to have that "wood" weathering on the handles of the wand, don't know if the BW has that.
I know prop makers meticulously recreate that but for me that was always a "faux pas" that we got with bluray releases. I don't think the prop maker in universe would have given these mysterious metal rubberised light backpacks a wooden handle. I always figured that would be rubber or hard plastic or even aluminum or something.

But yeah, still no word on where we can get these or the price, etc. wait, didn't people preorder the SS versions? What happened? Its been over a year.

Last edited:
The handles on the 1:1 were cast in brown/orange resin, and painted black. Some of the paint was rubbed off from use. It was an intentional bit of weathering just like the rest of the light weathering on the packs and gear.

I have Venkman and Egon on order too while my Blitzway 3-Pack is unopened.

Soldier Story hasn't made any indication these are cancelled, but the lack of Ray severely harms the line.

I might order one of the deluxe version of these for the new pack and then that way I can also display them in the casual suit.

The light up parts I personally couldn't care less about. They're undoubtedly cool, but I literally never use the electronics on my figures. Most of the time I don't even put batteries in and turn them on, so I have no idea if they actually work or not.

What I'd want to compare is the quality. BW's packs are extremely detailed, but they're also very fragile. I'd want to see if the waist strap buckles on these are better, what route they went as far as attaching the wand to the pack, and what the cords are made of. BW used some pliable type of spring cord that looks fine aesthetically, but I think they could have used something a bit more practical and has more of a natural drape to it. It doesn't pair well with the way they chose to attach the wands to the pack because the slightest nudge when futzing the figure causes the wand dislodge from the pack and shoot off like a missle as a result of that spring cord.

From those pictures alone, I kind of like what I see in the SS packs better. The cord looks a bit better and I also like how they have that foam wrap around the upper bar on the fame, which is accurate and something that the BW packs don't have. The straps and belts also look more padded. The wand also looks like it comes with a hook on it, which would enable you to attach the wand to the keychain on the belt in the way Egon had his at the Sedgewick.

These packs (from what I see) on the BW figures would look really nice.

Soldier Story makes some very robust Fastex buckles in 1/6, so there's that at least. The packs do look much better than BW, though.

Last edited:
Are these still likely to be released? Been ages since they were announced.

I asked if they were still being released or if they were cancelled. I was told, "We will announce the release date very soon. The figures are in final stage."

Who knows, though? They were due out first quarter 2017.

Still got my special editions pre-orders with BBTS. Figured it was a no-go and was thinking of canceling. SS normally shows up at the China Hobby Expo in April, so we may get visual confirmation of their development then.

Looks like it made it so the PKE could also be attached to the belt:

Capture.jpg

Back