Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBTS still has them up and now it's listed as 1st Qtr 2019. Maybe they only have one person who only works 3 days a week making all of them :dunno

Soldier story replied to the fb message I sent a few months ago asking for an update:

“Ghostbuster figures will start shipping in Aug 2019 , thank you for your patience.”

This message was sent on April fools day and after I unloaded a ton of money on blitzway parts to make a venkman bash. Not sure if I want to believe them.

The bbts listings updated again from a 1st to 2nd Quarter 2019 estimated delivery. The regular versions also briefly went from sold out to preorder, though I suppose that could have been from people dropping their pre-orders.

I don't mind the wait, but if they don't announce Ray and Winston at the same time Egon & Peter ship, I may end up cancelling and sticking with the mezco one:12's!

Not officially, but it seems like it.

I sent solider story a Facebook message last month asking and they read it but didn’t respond.

BBTS keeps moving the release date like they are still coming so i don't think they are officially canceled but i can't imagine how it can take years to make two figures.

BBTS keeps moving the release date like they are still coming so i don't think they are officially canceled but i can't imagine how it can take years to make two figures.

Wouldn't use BBTS as a gauge on whether something is cancelled or not. They are still currently offering POs on a number of X-Plus reissues that have definitely been cancelled by the distributor.

I am very disappointed that it doesn’t appear they will be released though. I missed out on the Blitzway figures and from the images these appeared to look better as well.

I know the uniforms and gear looked a lot better made. Don’t think there would have been any QC issues with the belts or packs like the Blitzway figures. Not knocking them mind you but if your popping down over grand for a set of 4 figures you kinda expect the pieces that are suppose to light up to light up or belt buckles to work. My friend got a set about 6mo after the initial release and he never was able to get replacement parts for 3 of his figures that had issues from Blitzway...he was just told there was nothing they could do that some pieces just had flaws and they had no pieces available to exchange.

I have the Mattel 12” set which definitely look like toys but are still charming as hell, and I got the new Mezco set which are excellent but I was really wanting these Soldier Story releases because they looked so damn good.

Still hoping they do them. In a perfect world SS would announce they delayed the release so they could present all 4 characters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I kind of liked the SS gear better as well, especially the packs. The BW Venkman sculpt though I think is a lot better, and the consensus on the Spengler sculpts seemed to be divided, but I prefer the BW Spengler sculpt over the SS one.

Ray and Winston with SS was never confirmed so the BW figures seemed like the safer route, and also provided consistency as opposed to having two BW figures and two SS figures. Putting the SS packs on the BW figures would have been ideal for me.

I honestly think it’s too big of a property to not be revisited by someone. I mean you have Ghostbusters 3 coming and the fans base has seemingly grown as parents have introduced their kids to films or the younger generation that has found them on their own plus us older farts that actual saw the movies in the theaters. There are new pieces from Diamond, Funko, Mattel, and now Mezco along with others...so these characters still have strong market and demand.

I just can’t figure out why this wouldn’t be feather in the cap to SS... like flagship type product to get behind to bring it to market. At the very least for them to get their brand out to people that might not even know who they are. Because I guarantee collectors that would get these figures (if they were amazing) might then be more inclined to pick up other SS brand products even if it wasn’t something they didn’t collect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just can’t figure out why this wouldn’t be feather in the cap to SS...

Early in this thread, or the Blitzway one, Dave said that these weren't licensed. Or at the very least, Dave's contact at Sony/Columbia licensing had no knowledge of them.

It's probably that the deal for these fell through.

Well, just got the "official" cancellation notice for these from BBTS:

"Due to extreme lateness and lack of information from the manufacturer regarding the Ghostbusters Egon Spengler Special Edition 1/6 Scale Figure, we have made the decision to cancel all pre-orders because it is unclear whether the item was actually produced or whether our supplier will ever fulfill orders. If this item is re-solicited in the future, we will be sure to publish it on our website once again."

Back