Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The HSs will be just OK but the outfits and accessories will be STUNNING- SS knows how to do those things right- they will be amazing

The HSs will be just OK but the outfits and accessories will be STUNNING- SS knows how to do those things right- they will be amazing

With any luck they will expertly tailor little bags to go over their little heads...I'm talking to you "Venkman!"

That is true. SS is aces when it comes to accessories and outfit detail. Their military detail in unreal. I think some get too hung up on sculpt likeness instead of the rest of the figure. I can look past a sculpt that resembles the actor when the outfit and accessories look great.

Yup, I was beginning to like them over Hot Toys when they were doing military.

Love these two from Soldier Story.

Still waiting on Soldier Story to show more of the ladies from GB2016. Although, I expect I'm in the minority here.

The Blitzway four-pack will satisfy my need for the original guys, but I'm still interested in ladies. The 2016 movie was good for what it was and no one else is going to make figures based on that film because of its poor box office performance.

I must have 1/6 Kate McKinnon!

Still waiting on Soldier Story to show more of the ladies from GB2016. Although, I expect I'm in the minority here.

The Blitzway four-pack will satisfy my need for the original guys, but I'm still interested in ladies. The 2016 movie was good for what it was and no one else is going to make figures based on that film because of its poor box office performance.

I must have 1/6 Kate McKinnon!

What is this "Ghostbusters 2016" that you speak of? They made one movie in 1984...one in 1989...yep...think that was about it for Ghostbusters movies...

I'm very tempted to buy the Soldier Story Egon and Peter to mix and match the best unformed 'busters.

Then have the deluxe suit versions, and enough parts left over to build a couple of celebrity Ghostbusters.

And those suits, Spengler's is only from GB II isn't it?

I went through the screencaps here: https://filmscreencaps.com/MovieImages.php?name=Ghostbusters&movieid=281

and here: https://filmscreencaps.com/MovieImages.php?name=Ghostbusters_II&movieid=422

Go for it i say, Thats what i'm doing anyway. I'm not picking up any of the blitzway ghostbusters as i only want egon and to be honest the ss sculpt and uniform looks better to me and you get more with the proton pack having more light up features and not to mention the extra suit you get with the exclusive version.

What is this "Ghostbusters 2016" that you speak of? They made one movie in 1984...one in 1989...yep...think that was about it for Ghostbusters movies...

Haha - on Halloween night, a car went by with the Ray Parker song blasting and they screamed out "who ya gonna call?" When everyone yelled "Ghostbusters!" in response, some guy yelled out right after it - "The 1984 ones!":rotfl

I'm very tempted to buy the Soldier Story Egon and Peter to mix and match the best unformed 'busters.

Then have the deluxe suit versions, and enough parts left over to build a couple of celebrity Ghostbusters.

And those suits, Spengler's is only from GB II isn't it?

I went through the screencaps here: https://filmscreencaps.com/MovieImages.php?name=Ghostbusters&movieid=281

and here: https://filmscreencaps.com/MovieImages.php?name=Ghostbusters_II&movieid=422

Go for it i say, Thats what i'm doing anyway. I'm not picking up any of the blitzway ghostbusters as i only want egon and to be honest the ss sculpt and uniform looks better to me and you get more with the proton pack having more light up features and not to mention the extra suit you get with the exclusive version.

Yeah, I'm going with the BW Venkman because it is just a touch better than the SS one (neither are slam dunks frankly - but they're off in different ways) I'm getting the SS Egon. The more I look at the BW Egon, the less I like it - the expression is weird and the facial likeness also seems off somehow. SS really did a pretty nice job on the Egon sculpt.

Really hoping the BW and SS uniforms aren't subtly different colors. To disguise it, maybe have to slime Venkman if that's the case.

Back