Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, just got the "official" cancellation notice for these from BBTS:

"Due to extreme lateness and lack of information from the manufacturer regarding the Ghostbusters Egon Spengler Special Edition 1/6 Scale Figure, we have made the decision to cancel all pre-orders because it is unclear whether the item was actually produced or whether our supplier will ever fulfill orders. If this item is re-solicited in the future, we will be sure to publish it on our website once again."

Just got the same. I had a feeling these were dead in the water, which is a shame. I think with the failure of the new movie, they stopped producing all together. Maybe now with a new movie coming, there will be a renewed interest elsewhere.

Well since Hasbro has the Ghostbuster license now, I'm not sure Blitzway retains anything.

My hope is that HT will delve into GB with the new movie next year.

Well since Hasbro has the Ghostbuster license now, I'm not sure Blitzway retains anything.

I would love hot toys to make figures from the original Ghostbusters movie. I have the blitzway 4 pack and would Insta buy a GB2 4 pack from hot toys.

I think that the SS ones weren’t coming kind of went without saying at this point.

Since I have all four BW ones, don’t say that. But at the same time, yes, please say that. :lol

Having all 4 BA figures, I?d probably rebuy if Hot Toys made them. Be fun to fully customize the BW set to be all marshmellowed or covered in slime. This SS set though, kinda figured after BW released these were dead. No surprises although I def would?ve went for suit look figures. Can?t have too many Ghosbuster options :)

Seems like if HT made them it would be from this film and only 3 of the original group since Ramis has passed. I would not mind having older versions to go with the BW set if the film is good and if they suit up at all.

Why? That's like saying if HT got the Star Wars license they would only make the Disney sequels, or only make Prometheus figures and nothing from Alien; Genisys and nothing from Terminator, etc. I imagine getting the license would entail getting the rights to the one actual good movie in the bunch.

I mean, the reason there's a Ghostbusters 3 IS only because of Ghostbusters '84.

You guys must be kidding- Ht is not going to do GB..of all the licenses they might be interested in ...this? Nope

Why not?

They did Back to the Future. I put Ghostbusters in a very similar category.

True but can you really see HT going that deep into a Ghostbusters line? (if they wanted it at all) Ghostbusters is my all time favorite movie but i don't have that much faith in HT. They would teease all 4 and put one or two up for PO and that would be it.

I agree with that. Definitely wouldn't get Winston... and would be lucky to get the 3 central guys.

Unless HT saw value in a 3-pack. But they've never done that before so its hard to argue for.

True but can you really see HT going that deep into a Ghostbusters line? (if they wanted it at all) Ghostbusters is my all time favorite movie but i don't have that much faith in HT. They would teease all 4 and put one or two up for PO and that would be it.

I?d agree with this.

Sure they did BttF, but BttF Marty was essentially a one off. Then they got around to doing BttF2 Marty and Doc, but they really dragged their feet on releasing those. And that was just two figures. I can’t see them releasing a four pack the way BW did. And like WG said, I think even a three pack would be a stretch.

Well, just got the "official" cancellation notice for these from BBTS:

"Due to extreme lateness and lack of information from the manufacturer regarding the Ghostbusters Egon Spengler Special Edition 1/6 Scale Figure, we have made the decision to cancel all pre-orders because it is unclear whether the item was actually produced or whether our supplier will ever fulfill orders. If this item is re-solicited in the future, we will be sure to publish it on our website once again."

hope this is the case. really like them in suits. sold the mattel uniform version wasn't interested with Blitzway version as their expression is too serious (and pricey), the suit version is unique, but since i'm low on room & funds, i don't mind SS cancels it. shame though, we won't see a suit version after all.

I'm sure HT can see a much smaller market for these since Blitzway's already exist. That's the biggest reason that I can see them not doing them.

And anyway, with Hasbro having the Master license, doesn't that mean now that everything goes through them and it'd cost HT more to license?

Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Is there any truth to the rumor that Blitzway will be re-releasing their Ghostbusters in conjunction with the release of their Ecto-1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back