Soccer/Football-English Premier League 08/09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So guys, what do ya think... Arsenal out of the title race?

Maybe even out of the top 4?

Surely the former, dunno bout the latter. They're too inconsistent. What use is it to beat Man U when you're losing to lesser teams and they seem to be doing a lot of that this season - or am I mixing it up with champions league and cup matches?

England v Germany next week :cool: should be.............. interesting

How bout England v Ireland in 2010? Thats what irish papers were on about today. Capello v Trapatonni. Two highly embarrassment-prone national teams. The result should be a foregone conclusion and yet it won't be because England so often underperform. Can't wait for the RTE commentary on that (usually the best thing about Irish football matches).

lkjklchbvkjhxcfbgvkshf.jpg

table.

thoughts? any surprises so far?

still early days yet but i didnt expect man city, tottenham and newcastle to be lurking in the religation zone

Utd are clawing back to shooting distance of top. Scousers still harping on about the fact they're top of the league...Utd are 6 behind, game in hand, better goal difference and we play them at O.T...LOVE IT

bump for the big game tomorrow :rock

man u 0-2 chelsea is my prediction, but i hope chelsea fail horribly :D

i strongly dislike both teams that are on the top:lol

Dont really care much for Premier League but if i must choose one its Man UTD.
My Team in this world is Ac Milan:D

Last edited:
i strongly dislike both teams that are on the top:lol

Dont really care much for Premier League but if i must choose one its Man UTD.
My Team in this world is Ac Milan:D

I don't like the Italian league much... a bunch of divers I say.
Don't get me wrong, some games are entertaining. Milan v Inter, Inter v Juve etc.

Trust me,i couldnt care less for Italian teams either,but my interest started back in the 90s with Van Basten,Gullit,Baresi,Maldini etc...so ive been a fan a long time before the "diving trend" began,i hate it myself and i always hope Italy`s national team "dive" their way out of the National Cups.You should keep your eyes open for Milans youngster Alexandre Pato from Brazil,he is 18 and allready a big hit in Italy.

Kaka,Ronaldinho,Pato on top,aaaaahhhhhhh wonderful:D

Trust me,i couldnt care less for Italian teams either,but my interest started back in the 90s with Van Basten,Gullit,Baresi,Maldini etc...and ever since Kaka arrived Milan it has never been better.You should keep your eyes open for Milans youngster Alexandre Pato from Brazil,he is 18 and allready a big hit in Italy.

Kaka,Ronaldinho,Pato on top,aaaaahhhhhhh wonderful:D

Yeah, they've got some talented players, that's for sure.

I really disliked Scolari taking over Chelsea,as im a Portugal fan and really hate Chelsea:lol

Yeah, nothing's ever good for that club.
It's the damn owner, Abramovich.

yep but you gotta admit,its gotten better,at least with brining in top class players.The first years was disgusting bringing all kind of players just because of their status,Abramovich wanted to bring in Roberto Carlos because it was his sons favourite player and his birthday was 1 month away:lol

It seems like Chelsea gets the players without the coach having anything to say,thats why the relationship between Abramovich and Mourinho turned out so bad because Mourinho didnt want to play along which i understand,you need a system in a team with players that fits in in the different roles.Thats not how Abramovich think at all,and Ballack was the final straw between Mourinho and Abramovich i think,that he didnt get as much playtime as they hoped from Mourinho.

What i just explained above,AC Milan is europes best team at the complete opposite,they have had a system ever since Ancelotti arrived,he worked with limited amount of players because he felt like he had what he needed.
Gattuso and Seedorf aint top class players,but dammit it worked better than most teams with Pirlo,Gattuso,Seedorf,Kaka and what people think is a "has been" Inzaghi.2005-2007 they had the same line-up through the entire seasons on the midfield-Offensive part,"CHEMISTRY" is the magic word on this team.It brought them to 2 champions league finals because of it.They had only 2 decent reserves which was Gilardino and Ambrosini,Ancelotti is a man that has faith in his team and it will be exciting how this year will be as the team has changed.
Ronaldinho,Borriello,Shevchenko,Flamini,Zambrotta is 5 big names that was brought in this year,and Ronaldinho has found his form again,he is the most scoring player in Milan right now,he is still not as close as he used to be but he is way above average.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ioyt2zzm530&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ioyt2zzm530&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

yep but you gotta admit,its gotten better,at least with brining in top class players.The first years was disgusting bringing all kind of players just because of their status,Abramovich wanted to bring in Roberto Carlos because it was his sons favourite player and his birthday was 1 month away:lol

It seems like Chelsea gets the players without the coach having anything to say,thats why the relationship between Abramovich and Mourinho turned out so bad because Mourinho didnt want to play along which i understand,you need a system in a team with players that fits in in the different roles.Thats not how Abramovich think at all,and Ballack was the final straw between Mourinho and Abramovich i think,that he didnt get as much playtime as they hoped from Mourinho.

What i just explained above,AC Milan is europes best team at the complete opposite,they have had a system ever since Ancelotti arrived,he worked with limited amount of players because he felt like he had what he needed.
Gattuso and Seedorf aint top class players,but dammit it worked better than most teams with Pirlo,Gattuso,Seedorf,Kaka and what people think is a "has been" Inzaghi.2005-2007 they had the same line-up through the entire seasons on the midfield-Offensive part,"CHEMISTRY" is the magic word on this team.It brought them to 2 champions league finals because of it.They had only 2 decent reserves which was Gilardino and Ambrosini,Ancelotti is a man that has faith in his team and it will be exciting how this year will be as the team has changed.
Ronaldinho,Borriello,Shevchenko,Flamini,Zambrotta is 5 big names that was brought in this year,and Ronaldinho has found his form again,he is the most scoring player in Milan right now,he is still not as close as he used to be but he is way above average.

True.
It's all about the relationship between the team, coach, owner etc.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ioyt2zzm530&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ioyt2zzm530&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol!!!
1:16 = Worst dive ever!! I hate Gilardino...

And 2:28!! :rotfl!!!!

:lol!!!
1:16 = Worst dive ever!! I hate Gilardino...

And 2:28!! :rotfl!!!!

That was the best news for me last year,that Gilardino went back to Fiorentina,in Italy he is so overrated,he didnt do anything good for Milan but diving,he was the worst diver on the team.Ambrosini is just as bad,not a fan of him either.

But when we speak about divers,the entire europe is bad,every league has them,England has gotten bad too,but yes Italy started the trend.

That was the best news for me last year,that Gilardino went back to Fiorentina,in Italy he is so overrated,he didnt do anything good for Milan but diving,he was the worst diver on the team.Ambrosini is just as bad,not a fan of him either.

But when we speak about divers,the entire europe is bad,every league has them,England has gotten bad too,but yes Italy started the trend.

It's definately getting worse.
It's those damn South Americans... sorry to any SA people who are on this board... but your footballers dive too much!

And I'll admit it... Ronaldo does dive abit. But that's cos everyone is out to get him... bastards.

Back