Goodbye cristiano ronaldo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun & Ed Fan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Manchester United have accepted an £80m ($131.6m or ¬93.9m) offer from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

A statement on the United website confirmed that a deal for the 24-year-old should be completed by the end of the month.

''Manchester United have received a world-record, unconditional offer of £80m for Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid.

''At Cristiano's request - who has again expressed his desire to leave - and after discussion with the player's representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player.

''Matters are expected to be concluded by June 30. The club will not comment until further notice.''

Ronaldo has long been a target for the Spanish giants, whose president Florentino Perez vowed earlier this week to do ''everything possible'' to take the forward to the Bernabeu.

It is now certain that a second era of galacticos has begun at Madird, with news of Ronaldo's £80m deal coming in the same week that Perez agreed a £59m deal ($97m or ¬69m) to sign Kaka. Which means in less than a week, Madrid have committed to spending an incredible £139m ($228m or ¬162.9m) on just two players.

In Perez's previous stint as Madrid president he oversaw the acquisitions of global stars Ronaldo (£23.2m), David Beckham (£24.5m), Luis Figo (£37m), as well as Zinedine Zidane in what was a then world record of £46.7m.

The news is bound to be greeted with some scepticism by United fans who have repeatedly been told no deal had been agreed for the sale of FIFA's World Player of the Year. That came in the face of regular statements from Spain that the former Sporting Lisbon star was bound for the Bernabeu.

It was even suggested Ronaldo would be due upwards of £20m in compensation from Real if the deal did not go through by June 30, the date United now state themselves is when they expect matters to be concluded.

As it now seems a matter of when, rather than if, a world record transfer will be completed, Sir Alex Ferguson might wish to explain why he has gone back on his famous comment in December last year that he would not ''sell that mob a virus''.

It is the first time for many years United would have allowed a player to leave they were not happy about losing.

Yet some supporters may be pleased that at least another drawn-out transfer saga, such as the one 12 months ago, will not be played out in public.

At least the money could be reinvested in a squad that almost proved good enough to win back-to-back Champions League trophies, in addition to a hat-trick of Premier League titles.

In reshaping a squad that looked almost certain to lose Carlos Tevez as well, though the cash from Real Madrid may change that, Ferguson might be able to offer Wayne Rooney a more permanent central striking role and fulfil the promise he has shown on the international stage this season.

The name of Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery is bound to crop up as a potential replacement, although the 27-year-old seems hugely overpriced at the £40m figure being bandied about in some quarters. Wigan's Antonio Valencia has long been touted as a summer signing.

Ferguson will certainly be making plans already to ensure his new faces are on board before United head to Asia for their pre-season tour in five weeks.

Amid the frenzy over Ronaldo's impending departure, it is bound to be asked whether the current debt hanging over United of almost £700m has played any part in the decision to accept Real's huge bid.

While Ferguson has always backed the Glazer family for the backing he has received, supporters will now be interested to see whether their manager is handed all the funds received from Spain, plus an annual transfer kitty said to be around £25m.

With Edwin van der Sar, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville all reaching the end of their careers, it promises to be a far more testing summer than Ferguson might have realised.

And, for all the petulance and pouting for which Ronaldo is so famed, filling the void created by the loss of his immense talent may prove difficult.

LOL
As a Liverpool F.C. Supporter I am laughing so hard.I'm going to wake up my twin brother and laugh at him.:D:D:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol:joy:joy

Yeah great player but i'm glad to see the back of him as a LFC fan but lets wait for the mancs slagging him off with things like yeah but he goes missing in the big games we have better players blah blah blah :lol

Oh and you have a twin that is a utd fan? frigging hell that's gotta be bad!?

Well now he can dress like this all the time :horror :lol :horror :lol

article-1189719-052B3ACC000005DC-403_468x598.jpg

WTF!?! :rotfl :rotfl

As a big AC Milan fan i am i was so sad on tuesday when i read the news about Kakà Leaving Milan for Real Madrid.

First Kakà,then Ronaldo,and possible David Villa from Valencia...

I'm a United fan and say good riddance,for all his undoubted talent he is a glory seeking, petulant,cheating,crybaby who disappears every time the going gets tough as was all too evident in this years Champions League final.

Compared to the true greats in the club's history he will be remembered as a flash in the pan with a serious attitude problem and doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as some of the previous players that have worn the number 7 shirt.

And for those that think that his departure will see the end of United's era of success,I seem to remember the same being said when Cantona retired,and when Beckham & others were sold but they've always remained in top contention for the trophies and I don't expect things will change.

Last edited:
for £80 million...how can you refuse

anyway...liverpool are in financial crisis atm :lol

Yeah we are going to shop at the £1 shop some erm real bargains to be had.........or maybe not :lol

I'm a United fan and say good riddance,for all his undoubted talent he is a glory seeking,petulant,cheating,crybaby who disappears every time the going gets tough as was all too evident in this years Champions League final.

Compared to the true greats in the club's history he will be remembered as a flash in the pan with a serious attitude problem and doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as some of the previous players that have worn the number 7 shirt.

And for those that think that his departure will see the end of United's era success,I seem to remember the same being said when Cantona retired,and when Beckham & others were sold but they've always remained in top contention for the trophies and I don't expect things will change that much.

Told you guys it wouldn't be long didn't i? :rotfl :rotfl

Only kidding bcm ;)

Should have the money for Tevez now?

Told you guys it wouldn't be long didn't i? :rotfl :rotfl

Only kidding bcm ;)

Should have the money for Tevez now?

No worries,I reckon the basics of the whole deal were agreed months ago anyway so it's no suprise.

Keeping Tevez should be a top priority IMO,he's not as flashy as Ronaldo but his attitude is 1000 times better,when someone knocks him down he doesn't sit on his arse looking at the ref,he gets up and gets on with it which to me counts for a lot more than doing needless tricks and going down like he's been hit with a bus whenever he gets near the opposing penalty area.

Players like Tevez are needed when games need turning around as they'll dig deep and give everything whereas when the going gets tough,Ronaldo goes AWOL.

I agree about Tevez i'd love him at Liverpool but we just haven't got the cash once this deal goes through you'll get him unless City offer him massive wages and he goes cos didn't he say he didn't like the way Fergie treated him or something like that?

I agree about Tevez i'd love him at Liverpool but we just haven't got the cash once this deal goes through you'll get him unless City offer him massive wages and he goes cos didn't he say he didn't like the way Fergie treated him or something like that?

Fergie did say a few weeks back that Tevez's future would be sorted by the end of June so I reckon he already knew Ronaldo was going but was waiting to see what the fee was before opening any other negotiations.

Even if Tevez is pissed at how he was left out so much last season Fergie can now dangle the carrot of a regular place and unless money's his sole motivation I can't see him joining City who despite their newfound wealth haven't yet been able to run as roughshod over the rest of the footballing elite in the transfer market as their owners and fans seemed to expect.

It has to be said the amount of cash being spent in football is getting way out of control,there's a worldwide recession with massive companies like General Motors filing for bankruptcy yet Real Madrid go and spent almost £140million in the space of a few days. It's total madness.

Yeah £140m is a total joke but what a team they are getting together hope we don't get them in the champs league :horror :D

Yeah £140m is a total joke but what a team they are getting together hope we don't get them in the champs league :horror :D

I have a feeling that Utd will get Madrid at some stage as these things have a funny way of working out like that.

In the event it happens I hope Wayne Rooney takes the golden opportunity to get some measure of revenge on Ronaldo for that sending off incident a few years ago,either by scoring a couple of goals or a nice crunching tackle.

Oh you better believe that Rooney will be on a MISSION if we go heads up against Madrid...
I also love the fact we lose one of our star men and the snipers come out of the woodwork prophetically spelling out our doom! Trust me its good riddance to the gay boy. He'll never have a better season than he did last year.
The fact is, the team evolves, players move on and Utd KEEP on winning...Just wish we'd thrown in Nani for free..
Now bring on KARIM BENZIMA

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ej4_jTwGAGk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ej4_jTwGAGk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back