So what are the ranks of the SW fan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Casually Ardent

I love the SW movies. I love the original trilogy. The prequels are merely okay (they got a little better as that trilogy progressed)....and don't mind the Cartoon Network Clone Wars Animated Series (it is what it is). But other than that, I just can't get into EU (which IMO is pure garbage)...

Casually Ardent for me too. I love the original trilogy. They changed my life as a kid and I will always love their style, tone, unique aesthetic and interesting characters. I kinda enjoy the prequels but can fully accept that they have piss poor storytelling. I also casually enjoy the CN shows but need to catch up with them on DVD. And I've only read one book: The Courtship of Princess Leia, which was okay but nothing special.

Die Hard

The OT is special and I acknowledge the prequels should have been better. I have the cartoon series on blu ray, read a few books and comics, have playd a variety of SW games including the painfully difficult bounty hunter on gamecube, built the high end lego kits and collect MR and SS stuff.

So what are the ranks of the SW fan?

-Diehard
-Casually Ardent
-Passively interested
-Hater

I'm sure there others inbetween those...how would you classify yourself?

(thanks to Customikey for the thread idea)

I'd say the majority of Star Wars collectors are haters. :)

I would agree as well. And they prolly still throw a fit when Mommy doesn't cut their meat for them any more.

I would agree as well. And they prolly still throw a fit when Mommy doesn't cut their meat for them any more.

lol, or cut off the edges of their bread.

I love the Star Wars films. I find some things that I don't like in all six but overall, I love me some Star Wars movies, the cartoons I like as well, the video games like battlefront are cool, the invented stuff like KOTOR, and other games, and the EU and Comics I really don't care for.

I respectfuly disagree! There are plenty doing just fine, thats why there is such a high end market for SW stuff. In fact, some of them are doing just well. I make a lot of money, have a beautiful home, a sexy girlfriend and certainly cut my own meat. :lol

I would guess I am a little above Casually Ardent. I don't know every name of every character or everything thats different with Vader and Fett's costumes between the films (mainly because I just don't care) but I grew up with SW and I am a true lifelong fan.

I would guess I am a little above Casually Ardent. I don't know every name of every character or everything thats different with Vader and Fett's costumes between the films (mainly because I just don't care) but I grew up with SW and I am a true lifelong fan.

I agree with you 100% on your entire post.

I'm just a SW fan. I grew up with it and it's been a big, fun part of my life that I doubt I'll ever outgrow. :D

Casual adherent + unabashed original, original trilogy elitist.

Except for Ewan McGregor and the video games, pretty much everything else post-1983 lies on a scale of mediocre to abomination.

Wow thanks for bringing back a thread for all us new comers to the boards. :wave

I would have to say I'm a hardcore fan/collector. I've been hooked on star wars ever since I saw ROTJ when it premiered on HBO. I was so into the movies I started looking for the other ones that came before it and was bamboozled that I couldn't find episodes 1, 2 & 3. I was a kid and didn’t know any better back then. I’ve seen all six releases in the theaters several times and been collecting SW stuff since the early 90’s. I’ve collected everything from pez dispensers, soda cans, posters and prints, books, toys and now high end collectibles. I’ve read about 35 books most of them several times. There isn’t anything I really don’t like about SW; I find it all pretty awesome.

There isn’t anything I really don’t like about SW; I find it all pretty awesome.

star-wars-the-phantom-menace-jar-jar-binks.jpg

:lol

I'd say the majority of Star Wars collectors are haters. :)

:lol

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

That sounds exactly like me. :hi5:

I'd say slightly below diehard. I grew up in the seventies and was 4 when Star Wars came out. I can still remember going to see the movie and then getting my first action figure (Luke Skywalker) when they were released. Darth Vader was my first choice but my mom had to go and ask if I would be scared. I guess when you're 4-5 a toy can frighten you, so Luke it was.

I'd say slightly below diehard. I grew up in the seventies and was 4 when Star Wars came out. I can still remember going to see the movie and then getting my first action figure (Luke Skywalker) when they were released. Darth Vader was my first choice but my mom had to go and ask if I would be scared. I guess when you're 4-5 a toy can frighten you, so Luke it was.

Thats great :lol

Same here with me. The fact that I have a couple thousand dollars worth of statues/toys/what not definitely ranks me above the average fan, but I'm not into the whole "Vader's helmet is so much different in every episode because of ....."

Back