So I decided to stick with my Buffy PF's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siren3-4

Super Freak
Reaction score
I sold off my 1:5 scale statues (didn't have them all anyway) . . . and kept my recently acquired Angel PF Ex and my Spike Bloody FX PF . . . my problem is that I sold my Buffy Alternate PF when I needed some cash about a year ago . . .

So imagine the freakish rush of adrenalin pumping through my chubby little fingers as the email from sideshow came in saying there was 1 Original Buffy EX in stock . . .

My fingers glided over my keyboard as if I was given the typing ability of a court reporter that I dressed up as for Halloween last year . . . It seemed like my coworkers were breaking into musical numbers and dancing around trying to distract me from my goal . . . I couldn't speak . . . nervously I looked over my shoulder for bunnies or any other horrible beast that may try to stop me . . .

The page came up . . . 1 in stock . . . I clicked on Add To Cart . . . and it was there . . . I quickly hit the Proceed To Checkout button . . . and I wasn't freaking signed in . . . :panic::panic::panic: . . . a pain hit my chest like I was struck by a stray bullet . . .

. . . frazzled but undeterred my eyes went black and I called upon all my powers to type my password in . . . "Shpadoinkle" was all I could say as I saw the item still in my cart . . . I quickly hit the button to finally claim her . . .

I watched, for what seemed like hours, as the little icon at the top of the page tab spun . . . as if I had jumped into a portal and was heading toward a white light that was now my computer screen . . .

vortex-800.jpg

The T number came up like a beacon of light shining down from the sun . . I got her baby !!!!!

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

. . and she is going nowhere . . . :)

I sold off my 1:5 scale statues (didn't have them all anyway) . . . and kept my recently acquired Angel PF Ex and my Spike Bloody FX PF . . . my problem is that I sold my Buffy Alternate PF when I needed some cash about a year ago . . .

So imagine the freakish rush of adrenalin pumping through my chubby little fingers as the email from sideshow came in saying there was 1 Original Buffy EX in stock . . .

My fingers glided over my keyboard as if I was given the typing ability of a court reporter that I dressed up as for Halloween last year . . . It seemed like my coworkers were breaking into musical numbers and dancing around trying to distract me from my goal . . . I couldn't speak . . . nervously I looked over my shoulder for bunnies or any other horrible beast that may try to stop me . . .

The page came up . . . 1 in stock . . . I clicked on Add To Cart . . . and it was there . . . I quickly hit the Proceed To Checkout button . . . and I wasn't freaking signed in . . . :panic::panic::panic: . . . a pain hit my chest like I was struck by a stray bullet . . .

. . . frazzled but undeterred my eyes went black and I called upon all my powers to type my password in . . . "Shpadoinkle" was all I could say as I saw the item still in my cart . . . I quickly hit the button to finally claim her . . .

I watched, for what seemed like hours, as the little icon at the top of the page tab spun . . . as if I had jumped into a portal and was heading toward a white light that was now my computer screen . . .

vortex-800.jpg

The T number came up like a beacon of light shining down from the sun . . I got her baby !!!!!

That is way cool. I sold my exclusive about a year ago to focus on star wars and got the email a little too late. Awesome that you got it though!

So you're the one that got her. I have never had the luck of getting any of these long-sold-out thing's that all of a sudden appears again in a express update. But it's nice to hear s story from someone who got lucky. Congrats :clap

vortex-800.jpg

Lucky you. Crazy that these things show up in stock after so long.

Lucky you. Crazy that these things show up in stock after so long.

Thanks . . I think it might be things they have displayed around the offices there . . that they decide to use for these promotion / events . . maybe that is why only 1 or 2 pop up . . .

Thanks . . I think it might be things they have displayed around the offices there . . that they decide to use for these promotion / events . . maybe that is why only 1 or 2 pop up . . .

That's actually a good thought. It wouldn't surprise me.

Makes me have hope for some grails I've missed out on.

Makes me have hope for some grails I've missed out on.

"Hope" isn't enough - you need more luck than to win the lottery. I just got the "EXPRESS UPDATE FOR SATURDAY 10/27/2012" email from SS. Less than 0,0001 second after receiving it I clicked on the "Asajj Ventress
Sideshow Exclusive Edition" link ........... and all I get is: "Checking Inventory. We are currently verifying inventory for this item. Please check back later for correct stock status."

That's what's it's like be eurotrash and receiving the mail minutes after US people :monkey4. All the good stuff is gone :(

And just for fun they throw in some not sold-out thing in order to "trick" people to order them, like Rogue Premium Format Figure or Ringwraith Polystone Statue. Seriously SS ........... do you think we're stupid?

"Hope" isn't enough - you need more luck than to win the lottery. I just got the "EXPRESS UPDATE FOR SATURDAY 10/27/2012" email from SS. Less than 0,0001 second after receiving it I clicked on the "Asajj Ventress
Sideshow Exclusive Edition" link ........... and all I get is: "Checking Inventory. We are currently verifying inventory for this item. Please check back later for correct stock status."

That's what's it's like be eurotrash and receiving the mail minutes after US people :monkey4. All the good stuff is gone :(

And just for fun they throw in some not sold-out thing in order to "trick" people to order them, like Rogue Premium Format Figure or Ringwraith Polystone Statue. Seriously SS ........... do you think we're stupid?

It's the same for a lot those in the U.S. I've received Express emails an hour + after some here, so I can appreciate you point and know what you mean.

It's possible though. Somebody has got to get it.

Congratulations love! I'm amazed one came back in after all this time.

Had the PF line been more prolific I likely would have bought even though the exclusives are pretty crazy on the secondary. I'm not a Buffy fan but my daughter is, so I've gotted her the comiquettes except Buffy on throne which I'll pick up for her birthday next year.

Had the PF line been more prolific I likely would have bought even though the exclusives are pretty crazy on the secondary. I'm not a Buffy fan but my daughter is, so I've gotted her the comiquettes except Buffy on throne which I'll pick up for her birthday next year.

That's really cool of you. :rock

I was online as soon as the email came thought and went to the product page. I considered getting her but I'm really hanging out to find an alternate edition at a reasonable prices. The hair sculpt on the original black dress Buffy is just not to my liking. Glad you got your piece :)

Back