My Mummy PF Horror Story!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the same damn thing happened to me. stupid ebay. a member here was selling the hitman pf and l watched the last 15 minutes.l was on ebay earlier that day and clicked keep me signed in for the rest of the day. then in the last 30 seconds l went to bid, but then it said l had to sign in. so l signed in as fast as lightning but was to late. it went for cheap and l missed out because of stupid ebay, l should have still been signed in.

Last edited:
AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

So a week and a day ago, I scooped up an SSE on ebay for $1500 shipped. I was so excited. I sent the seller three separate messages asking him to please pack it with care. I explained how many break in shipping, and I even asked if he thought we should ship it in two packages. The seller said he would pack it well, but he didn't get too detailed.

It arrived today:

P9173111.jpg

P9173110.jpg

P9173109.jpg

P9173113.jpg

P9173112.jpg

He used packing materials, but instead of wrapping it well, he kind of clumped it up and balled it in there. As for the chip on the foot, there is no piece in the packaging from when it chipped off! It must have been like that before it was shipped.

So now I have a Paypal claim to deal with and all the aggravation that goes along with that. Furthermore, I sold a bunch of my stuff to be able to afford this right now. :gah::gah::gah:

I'm starting to think I will NEVER own one of these. :(

Ozz, as you already know, I'm sorry to see that bro. Good luck getting it sorted.

4th heavily damaged SSE Mummy that I've seen personally. I wonder how many there are left?

Dude, you saw how OCD I was about telling him to pack it carefully/completely. If I didn't harp on it so much, it wouldn't be as heartbreaking!

Also, he has not responded to my email with pictures yet.

That is heartbreaking ozz, and I'm really sorry for your multiple problems in securing this piece. Seriously, good luck getting this one sorted out. I wish you the best.

Thanks buddy. This sucks. I had a real ____ day at work today too. I was hoping to come home to something nice.

Well fortunately, this seller is a CLASS ACT!

He already refunded me and he will set up a claim with UPS. They will pick it up and then send it back to him. This way, I'm not out any cash and I don't even have to pay to ship it to him. I feel good that he's a good guy.

I think my only hope in getting one of these is if I find one locally. For my Hulk pf, I took a 3 hour road trip with my buddy. It was worth every mile because it got home in perfect condition.

Well fortunately, this seller is a CLASS ACT!

He already refunded me and he will set up a claim with UPS. They will pick it up and then send it back to him. This way, I'm not out any cash and I don't even have to pay to ship it to him. I feel good that he's a good guy.

I think my only hope in getting one of these is if I find one locally. For my Hulk pf, I took a 3 hour road trip with my buddy. It was worth every mile because it got home in perfect condition.

Sounds like an awesome way for him to get cash back for an already broken Mummy PF. :huh While a bit suspicious, glad to hear you got your full refund ASAP.

Hi, just a question if anyone here is up for answering, I got a mummy sse premium format, the inside of the sarcophagus is cracked and dented in 3 places, 1.5" crack on the front and the mummy has a scuff on each shoulder, what do you think a damaged one is worth??????
I was thinking about returning it or a partial refund.... Help with value anyone.
It still displays well and with the lid on no damage is really noticeable.

I doubt the seller is going to opt to give you any type of refund, assuming he paid for insurance on the item.

I would have him file the insurance claim. Tell the carrier that they will need to send someone out to inspect the item. Then they will probably ask for pics instead. The seller will get the refund, and then he can refund you. He doesn't actually have any right to the piece once the insurance claim is completed. The carrier will probably let you keep the item. Whatever happens, don't let 45 days pass from the time of the transaction, assuming you paid via Paypal. If it isn't resolved in 30, I would suggest opening a Paypal claim.

I doubt the seller is going to opt to give you any type of refund, assuming he paid for insurance on the item.

I would have him file the insurance claim. Tell the carrier that they will need to send someone out to inspect the item. Then they will probably ask for pics instead. The seller will get the refund, and then he can refund you. He doesn't actually have any right to the piece once the insurance claim is completed. The carrier will probably let you keep the item. Whatever happens, don't let 45 days pass from the time of the transaction, assuming you paid via Paypal. If it isn't resolved in 30, I would suggest opening a Paypal claim.

actually, the one time I had to file a claim as a seller, I ended up getting the damaged item back.

Thanks, trying to work it out...filed a claim...will let ya know the results

Thanks, trying to work it out...filed a claim...will let ya know the results

Similar thing has just happened to me. Two weeks go I bought a Bride of Frankenstein PF on ebay. The seller was in the UK and sent it to Canada. Upon arrival, I opened up my parcel from Fed Ex, quickly looked over the PF and she looked flawless. I immediately gave the seller positive feedback without a thought. I then put The Bride back in her box 'cause I had to go out of town last week. Today I opened up her box and put her on display and noticed a small paint rub at the back of her neck for the first time. I contacted the seller to notify him of this and he wrote back saying "You must have done that yourself." Like, HUH?! :mad: Not sure if I should send her back, ask for a partial refund, or what...? I have really wanted The Bride PF for ages and the paint rub isn't all that bad but he charged me an arm and a leg for her. Just pisses me off. One lesson I have learned from all this, NEVER assume a statue is perfect with just a quick glance over. Inspect your item VERY closely. Also, I'm going to limit buying off ebay from now on 'cause it's just too risky and who knows what has been done to these pieces and how many people have owned them before. :slap Luckily, my Bride looks OK but I'm just pissed that I paid so much for a flawed piece with a paint rub issue. Hope you get a refund for your Mummy PF. Maybe stick to buying from SS directly or forum members only...? That's what I'm going to do. PS, shout out to ComputerFly!! :)

Last edited:
Back