so how long do you think it'll take for the Pre-Order faux bronze statues to sell out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True fans of those pieces bought them on Bowen's site when they came out.The ones who were in front of their computer today were A) the flippers...B) the poseurs.

If you're a ''A'' a flipper and you snipe some of those Bronzes, like my good friend John, I think you :rock

But if you are a ''B'' that didnt score one then I think its well deserved ..amateur...:lol

i'm in the 'C' category. i am not interested in the line, just daredevil. when i posted 'bowen goes faux', DD was not for sale. i didn't go to bowen's site for a week and by the time i got there, they put DD up for sale and it had sold out already. today gave me another chance to add DD to my collection, and the collector gods shat on me again. such is life. :lol

Ok, no need to rub it in any rookie's faces :pow

Some people aren't aware of these statues! It's all about product awareness! Just like the Auddi R8 featured in Iron Man. It seemed like AFTER it was featured in the movie, the R8's just went FLYING out of showroom floors!! It's not like Bowen advertises their stuff ALL over the web... So cut the people a little slack that didn't know about these until they saw it on Sideshow :naughty

I suggest you frequent StatueForum.com for anything Bowen related.

:wave ok, so I've cooled down.... Sorry I was just FURIOUS! This was my first experience and I didn't know how ridiulous this was going to be like. I didn't think it'd come down to luck, but I guess I learned. I've always loved Sideshows work, as it's the BEST out there. But I just hate fighting crowds, and this is the CRAZIEST I've ever seen it. Congrats to all who landed these. They're nice pieces :)

It's all good fun buddy :duff
....and if you like collecting rare Sideshow/occasionally Bowen items, this probably won't be your last PPO so congrats on surviving your first one :rock :lol
x

Complaining is part of human nature. This forum would become quite boring if the only thing that got said is "yay it's all awesome" :peace - Don't you agree? ;)

What I'd like to know, maybe you can answer this, is why my order got messed up saying I tried to place a mixed order of EU and US products!?
I had to go back and uncheck one of the item numbers (and then you find out which item# corresponds to which statue, and uncheck it within 46 seconds!)

I could have had my Daredevil :sick

To be honest no i do not know why that happened. As far the whole unchecking one item that is sold out to get the others.....we had never done a PPO like this so its about figuring out the best way to offer these items. the more you do these things the smoother it gets.

Exactly! Especially for $300 items that aren't shipping for a few months yet. SO if you got on really early, there's always a chance.

For those that selected more than one and the message came up that one was sold out and directed you to reselect without that one... chances are VERY good that they were pretty much all sold out at that time anyway - as they all seemed to sell in about the same amount of time... approximately 46 seconds! :horror Go servers! :rock

46 seconds. I got a strange error message after only 20 seconds (proximately): "Sorry, your order contains items from our US and European warehouses. At this moment we do not accept mixed orders...". Not only did I miss to order any of the figures because of that error, but it also gave me a hard time getting on the wait list. Guess I'm truly double ^^^^ed here.

I wonder if there's one European collector that managed to score only one of the four.

46 seconds. I got a strange error message after only 20 seconds (proximately): "Sorry, your order contains items from our US and European warehouses. At this moment we do not accept mixed orders...". Not only did I miss to order any of the figures because of that error, but it also gave me a hard time getting on the wait list. Guess I'm truly double ^^^^ed here.

I wonder if there's one European collector that managed to score only one of the four.

Yes there is, check the who got what thread
x :D

Thank you. I really appreciate the heads up. Do you also have news on this error message some people got?

No, sorry, only what an earlier member said that it seems to be a learning curve thats theyve never done a PPO like that and they can improve as they continue to do them. :dunno
Look at it this way, at least their servers didn't crash this time, thats an improvement right there.
x :D

True fans of those pieces bought them on Bowen's site when they came out.The ones who were in front of their computer today were A) the flippers...B) the poseurs.

If you're a ''A'' a flipper and you snipe some of those Bronzes, like my good friend John, I think you :rock

But if you are a ''B'' that didnt score one then I think its well deserved ..amateur...:lol

I have to disagree here.

I was in front of my computer because, coming from London, I can't order from Bowen because they only ship within the US, so the only chance I have of getting one of these, is through somehwre like SS.

To be honest no i do not know why that happened. As far the whole unchecking one item that is sold out to get the others.....we had never done a PPO like this so its about figuring out the best way to offer these items. the more you do these things the smoother it gets.
So in short... you guys should do these things more often :D
I hope you will check into the fact why seemingly only Europeans who ordered multiples got the "combined US/EU order" error. Knowing that that will be fixed next time would certainly take some stress out of me. I have a week heart you know :angelsmil

So in short... you guys should do these things more often :D
I hope you will check into the fact why seemingly only Europeans who ordered multiples got the "combined US/EU order" error. Knowing that that will be fixed next time would certainly take some stress out of me. I have a week heart you know :angelsmil
Yeah cool. But that doesn't give us another shot at TODAY'S items, does it? Someone slept at Sideshow.

i'm in the 'C' category. i am not interested in the line, just daredevil. when i posted 'bowen goes faux', DD was not for sale. i didn't go to bowen's site for a week and by the time i got there, they put DD up for sale and it had sold out already. today gave me another chance to add DD to my collection, and the collector gods shat on me again. such is life. :lol

You forgot the D category: non-US buyers who cannot buy directly from Bowen.

dang work meeting ran over....i don't think i'm meant to buy any of these from SideShow. :lol

:sick

It was funny, the short time I was at work today, I kept avoiding eye contact with people that wanted to speak to me starting at about 9:30. I even told one person, "can this wait till about 10:15? I'll come and find you." :lol

:wave ok, so I've cooled down.... Sorry I was just FURIOUS! This was my first experience and I didn't know how ridiulous this was going to be like. I didn't think it'd come down to luck, but I guess I learned. I've always loved Sideshows work, as it's the BEST out there. But I just hate fighting crowds, and this is the CRAZIEST I've ever seen it. Congrats to all who landed these. They're nice pieces :)

At least the servers didn't crash. I think for the SIM PPO, it was stuck in limbo for a good minute or two, and then just stopped responding after placing the order. I had to wait for PPO to go down, then log in and check my order status. Even though the quanities were very limited and there are upset fans, the servers handled the traffic and was overall a smooth PP); with excpet of waitlist issues others have pointed out but we were warned about ahead of time.

You forgot the D category: non-US buyers who cannot buy directly from Bowen.

I'm in category "E - I'm a moron". I had plenty of time to order them once I read Tylerd's post about them, but thought I had plenty of time to get them in. To me Bowen just didn't seem that popular and I din't think they'd sell out that quickly. AS I waited, they grew on me, and next I heard, they were sold out.

This whole situation really has boosted Bowen's popularity amongst SS fan's, no doubt. I just hope these retain their value.

I think a lot of this popularity is due to people hyping them up and others wanting to order some just to flip.

I doubt they will go for much over retail once they ship. In fact they will probably lose some value because the market will be flooded and that's just what Bowen statues tend to do. The FB Hulk is a great indicator of their potential. Don't get dragged into the hype unless you really want these and will display them. Just my 2 cents. :D

If anyone wants to part with a Daredevil, please let me know. I can trade or pay paypal for him. Just want to make a set of two with the Wolverine for my Marvel bookshelf.

Thanks,

:(

Back