so how long do you think it'll take for the Pre-Order faux bronze statues to sell out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of this popularity is due to people hyping them up and others wanting to order some just to flip.

I doubt they will go for much over retail once they ship. In fact they will probably lose some value because the market will be flooded and that's just what Bowen statues tend to do. The FB Hulk is a great indicator of their potential. Don't get dragged into the hype unless you really want these and will display them. Just my 2 cents. :D

I won't be surprised if this happens. I ordered just to be safe though.

I think a lot of this popularity is due to people hyping them up and others wanting to order some just to flip.

I doubt they will go for much over retail once they ship. In fact they will probably lose some value because the market will be flooded and that's just what Bowen statues tend to do. The FB Hulk is a great indicator of their potential. Don't get dragged into the hype unless you really want these and will display them. Just my 2 cents. :D

I won't be surprised if this happens. I ordered just to be safe though.

Rory, if you're right on this (and Blade dio), then I will look to you as my yes/no man for advice in the future. Me personally, I think these will retain.

I've been colecting long enough now to be in on the ground floor of some really cool pieces after having missed most of the earliest SS Marvel stuff, and it's really fasicnating how so much hype get created over certain pieces while others flop miserably in the public eye. Now that I have several on order, it will be interesting to see if people's initial thoughts and comments hold up after some time.

Last edited:

thx for the link....after being totally pissed off that i lost the spidey on sideshow, i just decided to pay the extra 60 for this one. :banghead i still got on the waitlist though right after i got the sold out message, but i didnt want to pay ebay prices when they eventually do come out. just look at the cap, he hasnt shipped yet and ppl are tryin to flip him for 150 more. thats bs. but if my sideshow one some how goes through, then i will have 2:lol and 1 will prolly get flipped in a yr or so, whenever the market will b highest.

its funny 2 c how many ppl were just as pissed as me. i cooled down after i got the bestcomic order even though it cost me more $. i just had to have the spidey , maybe i will get a cap or wolverine if the market isnt 2 bad for one.

Rory, if you're right on this (and Blade dio), then I will look to you as my yes/no man for advice in the future. Me personally, I think these will retain.

I've been colecting long enough now to be in on the ground floor of some really cool pieces after having missed most of the earliest SS Marvel stuff, and it's really fasicnating how so much hype get created over certain pieces while others flop miserably in the public eye. Now that I have several on order, it will be interesting to see if people's initial thoughts and comments hold up after some time.

I will wait patiently for you to bow to my awesomeness. :D :bow :lol

Just kidding.

I do however, believe I am correct about these but only time will tell. :duff

Glad I got all of these on preorder.

I however disagree with Rory. I highly doubt these will lose any value. There is a slight chance that they might not go up in value, but if they remain at retail what's the loss. Cap is supposed to be out soon, and he's already going for $500+ on the secondary market.

I however disagree with Rory. I highly doubt these will lose any value. There is a slight chance that they might not go up in value, but if they remain at retail what's the loss. Cap is supposed to be out soon, and he's already going for $500+ on the secondary market.

He isn't anymore. He is going for around $450.00. A couple auctions above that went unsold.

Caps the only one I missed that I REALLY wanted. Guess Thor will have to do as a substitute.

still a substantial amount if you got him with the 20% discount at $240.

This is true, but as I have seen with some of this stuff, presales aren't necessarily indicative of what the going rate will be. Since I don't presale, the Hulk is what I am going by and it hasn't exactly gone up a lot. One did recently sell for $420.00 though.

yeah i think the fb hulk is finally slowly creeping up in price. seems to be dried out at all retailers and only a couple on ebay.

Exactly! Especially for $300 items that aren't shipping for a few months yet. SO if you got on really early, there's always a chance.

For those that selected more than one and the message came up that one was sold out and directed you to reselect without that one... chances are VERY good that they were pretty much all sold out at that time anyway - as they all seemed to sell in about the same amount of time... approximately 46 seconds! :horror Go servers! :rock

Is just 3 mins after 10 AM PT good time?:confused: That's how fast i got on the waitlist for all 4!

I just checked my pre-orders today and to my surprise, I managed to be one of the lucky ones to get my pre-order in on time. I didn't realize that I pre-ordered since I didn't receive a confirmation page (nor have I received an e-mail yet) after clicking the pre-order button. I received some undecipherable numbers so I tried again but received a SOLD OUT message.

For those who received the box with undecipherable numbers, you may want to take a look at your pre-order page just in case... You may receive a surprise just as I did.:D

I just checked my pre-orders today and to my surprise, I managed to be one of the lucky ones to get my pre-order in on time. I didn't realize that I pre-ordered since I didn't receive a confirmation page (nor have I received an e-mail yet) after clicking the pre-order button. I received some undecipherable numbers so I tried again but received a SOLD OUT message.

For those who received the box with undecipherable numbers, you may want to take a look at your pre-order page just in case... You may receive a surprise just as I did.:D

which ones?

Back