Snowtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OT a bit but i thought it interesting..for those that have not seen it already.
STAR WARS

snowtrooper-01_grande.jpg

My one nit about the reg, which I own, is the indented snow on the base for where the head should so clearly go. Otherwise a great piece. Curious SS keeps pushing this one out the door but won't put the ST on sale ever.

For those own this guy, what's the diameter of the base?

I want to see if he'll fit in my small shelf.

I just received my Trooper this week. It's my first PF, and I must say I'm quite impressed. I did notice the obvious spot for the EX, as noted above, but that's no big deal overall. It was packaged with the left pocket folded upward. Any tips on how to get it to lay flat without damaging the fabric? Thanks!

I just received my Trooper this week. It's my first PF, and I must say I'm quite impressed. I did notice the obvious spot for the EX, as noted above, but that's no big deal overall. It was packaged with the left pocket folded upward. Any tips on how to get it to lay flat without damaging the fabric? Thanks!

Typically moistening the fabric and heating it in the right position will help "iron" it back into place. You may need to over correct it to get it back into position. Is the pouch/belt removable from the waist? This would be a pretty safe fix if you can take the pouch off statue.

PS... I'd very much appreciate some help with width of the base. Mind taking a quick measurement?

For those own this guy, what's the diameter of the base?

I want to see if he'll fit in my small shelf.

Approx. 11 inches wide. Sideshow lists it as: "Product Size:
18.5" H (469.9mm) x 11" W (279.4mm) x 11" D (279.4mm)*".
Mine is on a 10 inch lazy susan i bought for this and Hellboy and it fits nicely.. hangs off a bit..but it hides the turntable which works. here's the link if yer interested:
Multipurpose 10" Rotating Turntable Lazy Susan 220 lbs 360 Swivel Home Kitchen | eBay

20141229_212543.jpg

Thanks for that link, how does someone sell a lazy suzan for 5.99 shipped and make any money at all.

Thanks for that link, how does someone sell a lazy suzan for 5.99 shipped and make any money at all.

Lol...I thought the same thing and initially only bought one figuring they were gonna be complete crap, and before i trusted a 400 statue to it i stacked 50 pounds of books on it for a few days to make sure it didn't just blow apart. Didn't have any issues and so far they seem to be working out fine. ( i paid more than that for mine tho..so get a few lol)

If you want a pic for reference on how big this guy is...i snapped a pic a while back when i was rearranging to make room for him. not sure if I posted it here before but here it is again if so.
size_comp.jpg

Thanks! The spot in trying to fit it is 10.9 inches wide. It's gonna be close, haha. I have one of those Lazy Susan's too. Quite handy.

Approx. 11 inches wide. Sideshow lists it as: "Product Size:
18.5" H (469.9mm) x 11" W (279.4mm) x 11" D (279.4mm)*".
Mine is on a 10 inch lazy susan i bought for this and Hellboy and it fits nicely.. hangs off a bit..but it hides the turntable which works. here's the link if yer interested:
Multipurpose 10" Rotating Turntable Lazy Susan 220 lbs 360 Swivel Home Kitchen | eBay

Yep, it has a nice wide base. I don't think any part of the trooper overhangs the base at all, either.
Thanks for the link, those look like they'd be quite useful.

IMAG0156.jpgIMAG0157.jpgIMAG0158.jpg

So, is my Stormtrooper PF leaning forward more than he should be? I know that production pieces rarely match prototypes, but if you compare my photos the ones on the Sideshow website, mine appears to be leaning quite a bit more. Am I just being paranoid?

Mine arrived today. Looks awesome. The only change I would have liked to have seen is that the hands should maybe have been attached via pins/rods rather than fitting over the square peg. They don't sit too firmly and the joins show around the cuff where you can se the peg. Apart from that though, really happy with it.

Just curious, from a noob collector's perspective, why would anyone be interested in buying this from SSC? I guess another way of asking this would be, what governs the character selection choice when it comes to Sideshow's star wars PFs? Snowtrooper definitely doesn't come to mind when I think of epic heroes/villains, they're not even that iconic since they only appeared briefly in ESB.

I guess it's all a matter of taste really. The Snowtrooper and the scout trooper have always been iconic troopers for me. I also love the black Imperial Tie fighter pilot who also appeared only very briefly. Some will buy simply because it's star wars and/or simply because they want ALL the troopers etc :)

Just curious, from a noob collector's perspective, why would anyone be interested in buying this from SSC? I guess another way of asking this would be, what governs the character selection choice when it comes to Sideshow's star wars PFs? Snowtrooper definitely doesn't come to mind when I think of epic heroes/villains, they're not even that iconic since they only appeared briefly in ESB.

Because some designs are cool. That's all.

I guess it's all a matter of taste really. The Snowtrooper and the scout trooper have always been iconic troopers for me. I also love the black Imperial Tie fighter pilot who also appeared only very briefly. Some will buy simply because it's star wars and/or simply because they want ALL the troopers etc :)

Personally I don't like SSC's so I passed, but in terms of why people want the snow trooper: First a lot of people like pretty much every trooper armor in the OT and would love em. And among those the Snow Trooper is often regarded as one of the best.

Why wouldn't you want one of cool troopers from arguably the best movie in History?

Back