Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything is removable with a dremel tool and a steady hand. :lecture I could be wrong, but I think based on the WIP and final product pic's below it looks like the Dwarf was as afterthought....

Nope, the dwarf was always part of the design. He was sculpted in a different material than the Troll though (and had to be sculpted separate and added to the Troll's grip later, to achieve the detail), which is why he's absent from those progress pics.

So this means nothing new at the COmic con from the lOTR movies ?
Arwen and Boromir were allready announced last year ???

I would like to see some new concept sketches.
Like they did for Star Wars with the panel ...

Nope, the dwarf was always part of the design. He was sculpted in a different material than the Troll though (and had to be sculpted separate and added to the Troll's grip later, to achieve the detail), which is why he's absent from those progress pics.

I guess I stand corrected. :lol Personally, I love the dwarf and everything else about this statue.....this is one stunning-looking sculpt Andy!.....and it's great to see you back at SS, and more importantly, working on LOTR-related projects. :yess:

So this means nothing new at the COmic con from the lOTR movies ?
Arwen and Boromir were allready announced last year ???

I would like to see some new concept sketches.
Like they did for Star Wars with the panel

Yeah, you and every other LOTR fan......

:rotfl

Don't worry Josh. I don't hate you. Just woodsy :lol. I think he's just jealous of those of us with at least a small amount of will power left, who are able, however difficult it may be, to resist the overwhelming urge to order this beast. But resist it we shall!

And (back to reality :lol), the news that this will be the first in a line of statues based on the game only makes resisting that much easier. I'm not really interested in a game-based collection when there are still so many movie-related pieces I want to see made.

Breaking your will has proven most challenging Robo. :lol You have passed phase one, but the greatest challenge is yet to come. We will see how much resolve you have when pre-ordering has begun, and the low quantity alert bar is all but gone......:naughty

I guess that makes me easy as well, lol. When it was announced I thought it was awesome, but I could pass on it...seeing it in person now Im not so sure anymore. If there was confirmation of another troll or say Gothmog coming up it would be different. I will add myself to the on the fence club.

Back