Snake Plissken's Gentlemen's Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Just bought the Hot Toys exclusive version of Raiden sealed for a good price as an early birthday present to self
- Check in here for first time in an eternity, 'elbow issues'

Need to read up on this more but how ****ed am I exactly?

Ha, I love that video :lol

How broken are we talking here - something I could potentially fix with some DIY?

Mine's coming from the Hong Kong/Japan initial release if that has any bearing...

Hey man! Unless you got a lot of patience and the know how, it's going to be unfixable. CQC did it, and made a little tutorial about it. Although, you might be in luck and nothing is wrong with it at all.

Luckily, I'm one of the few blessed that didn't have any issues.

Yeah, you've got to be very careful about the elbows. They apparently crack very easily. Mine was alright, too, thank God.

From 60 Minutes :rotfl

Scott Pelley: I was in your office, all the magazines on your desk--
Donald Trump: Well, I have a lot of covers.
Scott Pelley: --are covers of you.

Donald Trump: I think I have more covers--
Scott Pelley: All the pictures on the wall are pictures of you.
Donald Trump: --well, it's cheaper than wallpaper.
Scott Pelley: What are we supposed to take from that?

trumpmags.jpg

I dont think he ever expected all the people wanting to vote for him. I wonder if he will go through with it or not

yeah, i have it down pat for me its pretty easy by now and have fixed a few sets for people. if you have a little patience you can do it. if you don't have the nerve to do it and feel its something you cant do pm me and we can talk, pending you ACTUALLY have the issue. these guys whose haven't broken, i'm not sure how much they're actually posing their raidens arms, but for the most of us a few back and forth bends and all of a sudden the arm goes limp and keeps falling back straight and the ratcheting is completely gone. their design was stupid and the ratchet in the elbow was way too strong.

I'm getting some spinal block injections this morning. Yay. Be out of work today and tomorrow then Thursday night we leave for Vegas. As long as I feel good enough to sit and gamble I'll be happy.

Yeah, you've got to be very careful about the elbows. They apparently crack very easily. Mine was alright, too, thank God.

Hey man! Unless you got a lot of patience and the know how, it's going to be unfixable. CQC did it, and made a little tutorial about it. Although, you might be in luck and nothing is wrong with it at all.

Luckily, I'm one of the few blessed that didn't have any issues.

Kept you waiting, huh?

I've been going through the VGM17 Raiden thread and looking at CQC's fix. I think I can manage that relatively easily in terms of manual dexterity, possessing the necessary tools, etc - the question is do I possess the necessary balls? :lol

Kept you waiting, huh?

I've been going through the VGM17 Raiden thread and looking at CQC's fix. I think I can manage that relatively easily in terms of manual dexterity, possessing the necessary tools, etc - the question is do I possess the necessary balls? :lol

If you do have an issue, I hope you can do it considering SSC ran out of replacement arms. $300, for this crap? Thankfully there's not HT apologists in there as far as I can remember. This company should have their **** together by now.

If you do have an issue, I hope you can do it considering SSC ran out of replacement arms. $300, for this crap? Thankfully there's not HT apologists in there as far as I can remember. This company should have their **** together by now.

I've been watching reviews on YouTube and they all have busted arms except the ones from Asia. Doesn't surprise me that HT are doing exactly nothing about this, customer service has always been the one place they fail spectacularly.

It's absolute bull**** that HT refuse to give service to customers buying from outside their domestic market too, they're still selling a faulty product regardless of where it was distributed from.

A decent company would offer to ship replacement parts to anyone who could prove ownership, just like ThreeA used to.

Mostly what I'm worried about if I have to do the fix is getting the plastic armour parts and rubber sleeves off without damaging the paintwork. If I can manage that the rest is easy.

At this price point and after all this waiting it's awful, no excuse. Good lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back