Snake Eyes Vs Ninjas Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more I want to get this statue. Not because I like it, but because I want to show it off to all my friends during my next wine and cheese box social. I will display it next to my collection of Man Purses.

sick piece. i'm going to feel bad for people when it comes in broken at his foot...

The more I think about it, the more I want to get this statue. Not because I like it, but because I want to show it off to all my friends during my next wine and cheese box social. I will display it next to my collection of Man Purses.

:lol:lol:lol

Um.....Marvel It hasn't killed any of their other lines.

I'm not walking around with my head in the clouds. I'm quite well aware of how other lines have come and gone. I've been around for a while myself and probably collecting SS longer than you. The Indy line and LOTR 1:6th slowed due to development being slow not because of the Dio's. I'm sure the dio's are much quicker to produce than a 1:6th especially when it comes to LOTR.

Oh Nam if you where only as smart about me or SS as you thought. :lol

:lol Sideshow never produced 12" marvel so that's a big fail. When you look at the history of their 1:6 lines that are long gone, they all have something in common, they were abandoned for PFs, Dios, Busts, etc. Additionally, I've been collecting since their original 12" Frankenstein so whether or not it's "as long as you" it doesn't matter. It's certainly long enough to notice a trend and see them establish a habit. And you totally missed what I was saying, oh smart one. Go back and reread the posts.

:lol Sideshow never produced 12" marvel so that's a big fail. When you look at the history of their 1:6 lines that are long gone, they all have something in common, they were abandoned for PFs, Dios, Busts, etc. Additionally, I've been collecting since their original 12" Frankenstein so whether or not it's "as long as you" it doesn't matter. It's certainly long enough to notice a trend and see them establish a habit. And you totally missed what I was saying, oh smart one. Go back and reread the posts.

Never said they made any Marvel 1:6th. It hasn't stopped them from selling those that do though. My point there was it hasn't hurt the LSB, 1:1, Comicquette, or PF lines. No, the 1:6th lines that went away where let go because of poor sales would be my guess, large pain to develop, etc. I was just simply stating that I've been collecting SS long enough and paid enough attention to them that I've got down how things go and pretty confident in how things will play out. I got what you where saying and was simply stating why my heads not in the clouds. So I got it the first time. ;)

Never said they made any Marvel 1:6th. It hasn't stopped them from selling those that do though. My point there was it hasn't hurt the LSB, 1:1, Comicquette, or PF lines. No, the 1:6th lines that went away where let go because of poor sales would be my guess, large pain to develop, etc. I was just simply stating that I've been collecting SS long enough and paid enough attention to them that I've got down how things go and pretty confident in how things will play out. I got what you where saying and was simply stating why my heads not in the clouds. So I got it the first time. ;)

Of course it wouldn't hurt the development of the polystone stuff because resources were taken off of the 1:6 lines to focus on those. It's not like Sideshow says, "Hey, let's start a Joe diorama line. We'll hire on another 10 people to focus exclusively on that!" No, as any business, they'd pull from resources already on hand. And when that happens, any number of issues arise, that we've seen before that cause the 12" lines to tank from lack of interest/sales resulting from self-created issues ranging from non-factory QC problems to lengthy spaces between releases. And THAT was my point. Likely if the dio's successful, they'll pull resources from the Joe 1:6 line to focus on releasing more Dios, PFs, busts, maquettes, comiquetts, etc. When that happens, the QC will start to fall, releases will grow further apart and ultimately people will get frustrated and drop their funds elsewhere where they don't have to deal with the headaches.

As much as SS is into military type stuff I don't think they'll let that happen with GI Joe. I really just don't see it happening. They showed this back at SDCC and its just now coming out. So its been in development for a while and we're still seeing 1:6th scale stuff. Sales seem to be just fine with this line so I stand by this line is doing just fine.

As much as SS is into military type stuff I don't think they'll let that happen with GI Joe. I really just don't see it happening. They showed this back at SDCC and its just now coming out. So its been in development for a while and we're still seeing 1:6th scale stuff. Sales seem to be just fine with this line so I stand by this line is doing just fine.

Of course, because arguably they've been pushing the 1:6 line to promote the dio. And when the dio lines are running smoothly enough, don't think they won't drop the 1:6 line to go full blown into polystone.

Of course, because arguably they've been pushing the 1:6 line to promote the dio. And when the dio lines are running smoothly enough, don't think they won't drop the 1:6 line to go full blown into polystone.

I think what Nam is saying actually could happen. Theres more than enough figures to choose from as far as what WE would like to see made but when it comes to core characters, sideshow could realisticly get those done within the next 2 or 3 years. After that maybe release a few armybuilders and different versions of characters already done, then interest starts to waine and soon no more 1:6.... but plenty of PF and dio options.

Man that would suck!

I think what Nam is saying actually could happen. Theres more than enough figures to choose from as far as what WE would like to see made but when it comes to core characters, sideshow could realisticly get those done within the next 2 or 3 years. After that maybe release a few armybuilders and different versions of characters already done, then interest starts to waine and soon no more 1:6.... but plenty of PF and dio options.

Man that would suck!

It's happening with the Indy line as we speak and potentially The Dead (which hasn't had a 1:6 announcement since SDCC last year but has had now 2 PFs, 3 LSBs and a 1:1 bust previewed). Aside from this line and Star Wars, it's happened with every single other 12" line they've produced.

Indy was snafu starting with the second figure. Even Indy himself was a failure of sorts.

As for Star Wars and GIJoe, there is a reason they have been around as long as they have.

Oh no, they're releasing dios! The 1/6 line is dead!

Chicken_Little.jpg

Indy was snafu starting with the second figure. Even Indy himself was a failure of sorts.

As for Star Wars and GIJoe, there is a reason they have been around as long as they have.

Yes, but both also had their severe droughts as well.

Oh no, they're releasing dios! The 1/6 line is dead!

Chicken_Little.jpg

Unlike you, Mr. Chicken Little, I'm not saying it's happening now, like you do, running around whining every week when there's no mention of a Joe in the newsletter. :lol I'm merely explaining why the success of the dioramas can and likely will lead to the demise of the 12" line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back