Snake Eyes photo review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MD review and especially the True Type swap pictures have definitely won me over on Snake Eyes but confirms the minor issues I have with the new Prometheus body.
The shoulders are definitely too narrow as I noted in my letter to Sideshow a couple of months back after receiving Indy. I really hope they take all this criticism on the Pro. seriously and fix it asap. Not a hard thing to do, just give him new wider shoulder pieces, and you're on your way to a fantastic 1:6 body.

The Visor could also be a little smaller but, I think lengthening the face and jaw a little bit with some Milliput and putting him on a Pro, or just cutting the visor down as mentioned will solve the issue.
The gear and accessories however are a home run! I'm glad they took a page from the Hot Toys book and gave him real metal fasteners. The costume I'm not liking but more from a design point of view and not because of the quality. But I have a couple of wetsuits (one I'm using on my custom Snake Eyes right now) to put him in to fix the issue.

Overall I can't wait to get my SSC Snake Eyes. :D

Last edited:
Also, Just a thought, the guy at monkey depot said NOTHING about him being floppy. one OSW, he does admit his glasses are a little rose colored due tothe character, but he's not worried about it affecting his sales. So my thought is, if he did not comment on loose joints... does that mean it's not got them?

I don't want to be negative but the first people who had Indy didn't mention anything about loose joints either.

But the Monkey Depot review was pretty thorough so I'm sure if it was loose they'd mention it.

Snake Eyes' head looks to be smaller than Indy's so a loose neck hopefully won't be an issue.

And I'm starting to think the knees on my Indy are broken then and not "loose" :(

Snake Eyes' head looks to be smaller than Indy's so a loose neck hopefully won't be an issue.

And I'm starting to think the knees on my Indy are broken then and not "loose" :(

Do they wobble side to side? If that's the case they're not broken, mine were like that out of the box, it's just a design flaw.

The photo review really didn't talk about the body much at all... I was hoping for a yea or nay on the floppyness issue. Hopefully it was addressed, but I also wonder if a dealer (no offense meant to MD) review would mention a potential deal breaker like that.

Well I have to admit the top chest of Snakes Eyes look like a woman. LOL! But overall Its a pretty solid figure. Mine only gripe is the color of the suit should of been darker. Im still buying it. I dont care about his tiny little shoulders. He's a ninja. There arent't any 6' 3" 250 lbs ninjas. People on this forum complain about the littliest pettiest things. His visor is too big, shoulders too narrow, the boots arent big enough, his arms are tiny, Im going to get a true type body . How do you know the suit comes off and if it does you might tear the suit putting it on another figure. Geez. COme on guys this is getting rediculous.

Well I have to admit the top chest of Snakes Eyes look like a woman. LOL! But overall Its a pretty solid figure. Mine only gripe is the color of the suit should of been darker. Im still buying it. I dont care about his tiny little shoulders. He's a ninja. There arent't any 6' 3" 250 lbs ninjas. People on this forum complain about the littliest pettiest things. His visor is too big, shoulders too narrow, the boots arent big enough, his arms are tiny, Im going to get a true type body . How do you know the suit comes off and if it does you might tear the suit putting it on another figure. Geez. COme on guys this is getting rediculous.

Beverly-Hills-Ninja-ps02.jpg

AmericanNinja10.jpg

american_ninja.jpg

and all kidding aside, a real life American Ninjitsu 10th degree blackbelt, Steven Hayes:
1975NodaGroup.jpg

Top row, 2nd from right. Here's a link to his bio:
https://www.stephenkhayes.com/about/

I think I'm gonna cancell this one.. the body looks hoorid..:horror

SS 1/6??? :huh...:rip

Wow, I agree. I think im going to have to cancel this one as well. The figure is just not what I expected. The body looks like a child and his arms look like noodles. The accessories are great and all but I think i will hold off on this one. Thanks for the review link.

the biggest problem for me is justifying the 119.99 price tag...if these were priced cheaper I think people would buy these right up

I canceled my pre-order, but I'm setting back $120 for when he releases. I'll look at some more in hand pics and if I like what I see I'll get him.

people keep feeling iffy on him, just wait till someone like edwint of the mediworld forums gets him.....

posing figures is an art, not everyone can do it properly.

people keep feeling iffy on him, just wait till someone like edwint of the mediworld forums gets him.....

posing figures can be an art, but if its a crappy figure to begin with then it wont look all that good. im just not gunna sink 120 bucks on him to be let down. but the poses they do show him with in that reveiw are pretty weak.

Some figuires (i.e. Hot Toys) look pretty damn good straight out of the box. I'm tired of being fed this excuse for Sideshow figures almost every time.

SS just isn't that good at 1/6. I wish they would just drop 1/6 and go do what they do best.

I mean they have their moments and i like some of their figs a lot but.....

I'd still wait till this figure is in had before bashing the ^^^^ out of it. If you're iffy about it, might as well just cancel it now.

I'll be keeping this one as well... I think properly posed he'll look pretty sweet in the collection. If not he'll get returned, easy as that.

Back