Snake Eyes photo review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So either buy a set from newline or add $20 more to Snake Eyes price. It's a wash.

:lecture Just look at what a pair goes for on the secondary market. Additionally, while the "sculpted" shoes might not look as good, over time, they'll still look the same as when you bought them unlike the leather/canvas shoes which will ultimately have issues once the material starts to wear, the stitching gets old and the glued parts start coming undone. Personally, owning both, I'm for the sculpted shoes. Even HotToys does it. It's more efficient and pulls off a cleaner look.

I am sure you can buy feet adapters for it.

You don't even really need feet adaptors. Just buy a pair of HotToys TrueType feet with the pegs and you're golden.

Last edited:
let the rose-colored people Get him, listen to what they say, THEN make up our minds.

:lecture

Yep. If I say he sucks, then there will be a definite problem. :lol But I still have no doubt that I'll be able to find a handful of poses that will show how sweet he is. And that's all I need.

I find it sad that some of you want to pay more money to make this a better figure? We shouldnt have to replace the body or boots or anything else for that matter for the price of the 119.99 price tag Sideshow wants for this piece

I find it sad that some of you want to pay more money to make this a better figure? We shouldnt have to replace the body or boots or anything else for that matter for the price of the 119.99 price tag Sideshow wants for this piece

Ya know teemu, that remark is kinda a putdown in and of itself. So EvilFace has a point. If I can afford to buy it and make the conscious decision to purchase additional accessories to make lemonade out of a lemon, who are you to tell me I'm sad? Your reiterated point was abundantly clear pages ago.

Ya know teemu, that remark is kinda a putdown in and of itself. So EvilFace has a point. If I can afford to buy it and make the conscious decision to purchase additional accessories to make lemonade out of a lemon, who are you to tell me I'm sad? Your reiterated point was abundantly clear pages ago.

fine, I take it back...BUT...I really dont think we should being paying extra for upgrades....that a little better?

i havent had any issues with any of my leather boots. and this figure is pushin upwards to the hot toys range. and by the time those of us that do want to upgrade him spent the money, we could have had a ht figure of much better quality that dont need upgrades. people are gunna like it or dislike it either way. but for double the price of their average figures, i dont want the accessories that bad.

fine, I take it back...BUT...I really dont think we should being paying extra for upgrades....that a little better?

That's more appropriate as it addresses your point without the belittlement. :lol And while it would be nice, it's something that I, as well as others, are willing to live with.

i havent had any issues with any of my leather boots. and this figure is pushin upwards to the hot toys range. and by the time those of us that do want to upgrade him spent the money, we could have had a ht figure of much better quality that dont need upgrades. people are gunna like it or dislike it either way. but for double the price of their average figures, i dont want the accessories that bad.

I own several HT figs w/combat boots and all are sculpted. If you took the pro and the minor issues with the visor out of the equation, this figure would be on par with a HT release. As it is, paying $10 for an extra sweater to hide the look (which, mind you, doesn't look better, but worse on the TrueType), and some minor futzing with the visor gives me a finished result that's still less in price than a HT figure but a comparable finished product.

The quality is there, just the base body sucks. We've seen him on the body HT would have used.

On the note of using real feet, the sideshow prometheus ankle joints have a plug on them identical to the one that sideshow used on the buck to plug into it's feet. in other words, you can put feet from the buck onto the ankles of the pro. just boil and pop.

I'm not worried about it... I'm not cancelling. It is the best Snake Eyes to ever hit this scale, so I will have it. Does it have flaws that need correcting? Yep.. but that doesn't bother me. When I get finished with it, it will be amazingly badass.

I just wish I could have bought a $120 Snake-Eyes figure that was amazingly badass out of the box. :(

I just wish I could have bought a $120 Snake-Eyes figure that was amazingly badass out of the box. :(

I know how you feel.... it really should have and could have been just that. I think SSC should work a deal with HT... so SSC can send their prototypes to the HT factory to be replicated. I think we would see much more consistency from proto to product.

I know how you feel.... it really should have and could have been just that. I think SSC should work a deal with HT... so SSC can send their prototypes to the HT factory to be replicated. I think we would see much more consistency from proto to product.

Bingo!! Could you imagine how great that could be. If Hot Toys handled the mass production of sideshows prototypes. The quality would be much higher and the paint apps of the chart.

Priblem is, I am sure that HT's factories couldn,t handle the load or Sideshow's and their own lines. Would be awesome if it could happen though.

Wonder how it would effect the cost of SS figures?

Well, considering that many of the companies actually use the same factories I don't think it would be that much of a problem.

I'm teetering, but at the moment he's still on preorder. I really want to see if my experiment of adding cloth sleeves under the body suit to bulk him up will work.

Well I have to admit the top chest of Snakes Eyes look like a woman. LOL! But overall Its a pretty solid figure. Mine only gripe is the color of the suit should of been darker. Im still buying it. I dont care about his tiny little shoulders. He's a ninja. There arent't any 6' 3" 250 lbs ninjas. People on this forum complain about the littliest pettiest things. His visor is too big, shoulders too narrow, the boots arent big enough, his arms are tiny, Im going to get a true type body . How do you know the suit comes off and if it does you might tear the suit putting it on another figure. Geez. COme on guys this is getting rediculous.

The quality is there, just the base body sucks. We've seen him on the body HT would have used.

We have??? Where????

Back