Snake Eyes photo review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The HT body does actually look great in form fitting material.

This picture:
2610k.jpg

accentuates the negative aspect of the wider shoulders. No one will pose Snake standing so stiff.I have my Kroenen on an HT body and the entire costume is form fitting, but it looks perfect. Works great for dynamic posing, which most will do with Snake Eyes.

So if you choose to put him on a HT, dont worry, it will look fine.

For me the accessories and the gear were the best part of this figure. I really like that it even had two sets of feet. The body does look pretty bad, but like someone already said it they had went with a black military type sweater instead of a tight shirt, it would have looked better. Would still look good in a collection, but not a stand alone piece. Was a pass for me. Star Wars and LOTR put enough of a hurt on my wallet.

What really gets me on that TT (it may be the same for the Pro too) is the length from the elbow to the wrist...monkey arms!

I just took an approximate measurement of myself and from the shoulder to the elbow its about the same length as the elbow to the wrist. Now look at that photo above. :google

I think anytime you make something with form fitting material, you need to make a special body for the figure.

Totally agree here. Some kind of body with muscle layering over it like with the Dutch figure.

The HT body does actually look great in form fitting material.

This picture:
2610k.jpg

accentuates the negative aspect of the wider shoulders. No one will pose Snake standing so stiff.I have my Kroenen on an HT body and the entire costume is form fitting, but it looks perfect. Works great for dynamic posing, which most will do with Snake Eyes.

So if you choose to put him on a HT, dont worry, it will look fine.

Again it seems the arms are too long because of the molded gloves. throws off the look of the whole figure when going for action poses.

Edit: looks like prog beat me to it.

What really gets me on that TT (it may be the same for the Pro too) is the length from the elbow to the wrist...monkey arms!

I just took an approximate measurement of myself and from the shoulder to the elbow its about the same length as the elbow to the wrist. Now look at that photo above. :google

Not seeing it and Indy I know doesn't have Monkey arms.

Not seeing it and Indy I know doesn't have Monkey arms.

Again it seems the arms are too long because of the molded gloves. throws off the look of the whole figure when going for action poses.

Yeah, the SSC Darth Maul had the same problem, that might be the difference between Indy and this one. The Maul was on the fixed short buck, but the correction was negated because they made the gloves too long.

Its like Nash said, the molded gloves through it off big time.

A True Type does not have money arms:

SANY2924.jpg

I remember that when the SS Maul fig came out people were still worried about the monkey arms issue, even though it was on the corrected short buck body... Tis' the gloved hands which make it so, not the body.

I remember that when the SS Maul fig came out people were still worried about the monkey arms issue, even though it was on the corrected short buck body... Tis' the gloved hands which make it so, not the body.

Yeah, it was the gloved hands.

This body is the ESB Luke, which is the EXACT same body they used for Maul(only not black), and as you can see it does not have monkey arms.

SANY2926.jpg

So the question is, why didn't SSC just create special forearms for SE to compensate for the longer gloves?

Or, easier than modifying the body, just adjust gloved size.

Well, I see less wiggle room in the gloves. I presume the gloves need to be big enough to secure the peg and also to keep integrity to the glve sculpt.

Normal hands you can make smaller because its intended to blend with wrist and forearm. Unless you sculpt the glove to the forearm, you can't really cut down on the size.

Its also an easy mod if you are brave. Just clip off the peg and 1/8 from the forearms, glue back on the peg, and PRESTO CHANGO proper length.

Its also an easy mod if you are brave. Just clip off the peg and 1/8 from the forearms, glue back on the peg, and PRESTO CHANGO proper length.

Didn't the Amidala figure have the same problem with her gloves/arms?

Yeah, thats exactly what I did for the Amidala. I'll need to see if the pro can handle that mod.

Now that's a Swap I'd like to see.

Also, Just a thought, the guy at monkey depot said NOTHING about him being floppy. one OSW, he does admit his glasses are a little rose colored due tothe character, but he's not worried about it affecting his sales. So my thought is, if he did not comment on loose joints... does that mean it's not got them?

Back