Snake Eyes and Timber Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are so many issues with sideshow statues lately, every thread you look. yet the price keeps going up. I dont know why we keep support this company.

Yeah, I've had a few issues with mine.. besides the hollow base which has a rattle, the shoulder bag strap is very fragile.. I tried to gently position into place but managed to partially snap one end and middle portion.

Plus the alternate head's visor is crooked, but I prefer the goggles anyway so this isn't as big of a deal.

The statue looks fantastic. I just wish they made em more durable. :slap

ph_IMG_9986.jpg

ph_IMG_9981.jpg

ph_IMG_0005.jpg

Yesterday i wrote to Sideshow with the problem of missing head.
Today answer me. Say me that not can give me other head. Say me that only my shop can order this head.

And My shop say me today that they can not order this head missing. Incredible!!!!!

The shop refund me money of the statue and have to send back.

Bye bye Snake Eyes and Timber statue.......Thanks you very very much Sideshow.............For all

Yesterday i wrote to Sideshow with the problem of missing head.
Today answer me. Say me that not can give me other head. Say me that only my shop can order this head.

And My shop say me today that they can not order this head missing. Incredible!!!!!

The shop refund me money of the statue and have to send back.

Bye bye Snake Eyes and Timber statue.......Thanks you very very much Sideshow.............For all

Man, I am so sorry for you....... hope you can work this out! :)

there are so many issues with sideshow statues lately, every thread you look. yet the price keeps going up. I dont know why we keep support this company.

There is no fair justification for the prices with Sideshow as of the last two years.
https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
Comiquettes were $125 in 2007, and according to the inflation calculator, they should be $135.61 in 2012 to reflect the inflation of 8.5%. Add to that the fact that the quality of Sideshow products have diminished and you can see how unfair the prices are.
In 2000, 12 inch figures were $40. Now, according to inflation, they should be $52.25, to reflect the inflation of 30.6%.

do you think they will include the missing head with future orders?mine is coming on the 21st of february

do you think they will include the missing head with future orders?mine is coming on the 21st of february

I don't know, man. If you ordered from Sideshow, hopefully are considerate to include the extra head. My local comic shop had the statue in stock, but that additional shipments wont be coming in until April.

I don't know, man. If you ordered from Sideshow, hopefully are considerate to include the extra head. My local comic shop had the statue in stock, but that additional shipments wont be coming in until April.

The missing heads not arrive until April????????? Oh my God :slap

There is no fair justification for the prices with Sideshow as of the last two years.
https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
Comiquettes were $125 in 2007, and according to the inflation calculator, they should be $135.61 in 2012 to reflect the inflation of 8.5%. Add to that the fact that the quality of Sideshow products have diminished and you can see how unfair the prices are.
In 2000, 12 inch figures were $40. Now, according to inflation, they should be $52.25, to reflect the inflation of 30.6%.

Interesting facts. We as a collecting community are to blame for the industry being able to get away with the ridiculous pricing because we pay whatever they throw at us. And the sad thing, it's only going to get worse. If we were to ask someone back in 2000, would you pay $200-$250 for a figure, they would be like this :rotfl and this :cuckoo: to us.

All my Snakes together:

photo-4.jpg

Awesome Snake Eyes collection!!! :clap

This is a business first and foremost. We can blame SSC for the poor QC but probably not for hiking prices...it's simple economics. They will raise their prices until there is a noticeable drop in profits. Since there clearly isn't, they can keep raising prices and lowering production costs. I admit to being part of the problem as I did not return my Rogue EX despite the many problems...though they did fix the situation with replacements. I just hope that if their QC dept continues to fail, they will at least fix the problems after the fact.

edit: btw, to stay on topic, anyone know which retailer has the regular for the cheapest value after shipping costs?

Not that it has any relevance, but . . . I did a thorough check of mine (EX version) today.

No obvious flaws that I could visibly find or notice. I have both heads. My edition number is 13 out of 1000.

I consider myself fortunate & lucky. I still need to open up my COBRA COMMANDER PF figure, but that is for another thread.

BTW . . . I will gladly sell my EX's exclusive extra hand for only $9.99 plus $491.01 in shipping (non-negotiable).

:lol

Man that takes me back to the day when I collected DML/CyberHobby.com exclusive WW II German figures and certain collectors would ask (in futility & vain) if those who acquired the exclusive figure(s) would not mind parting with the exclusive headsculpt, accessory, uniform, etc. so they can complete their own exclusive on the cheap.

Back