Smaug bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like the bust more than the full body piece which I almost never do. I just got my 3rd and it looks ok apart from some paint rubbing near the back.

Mine had a very, very minuscule amount of paint rubbing from the wax paper sticking to the bust, but it wasn't anything major as I was very careful when I was peeling the paper off it. I can easily do some minor touch ups in the future, but it's not a priority or even really necessary.

Mine had a very, very minuscule amount of paint rubbing from the wax paper sticking to the bust, but it wasn't anything major as I was very careful when I was peeling the paper off it. I can easily do some minor touch ups in the future, but it's not a priority or even really necessary.

All 3 of mine had paint rubs from the paper, they should have used something else. The first 2 had other major problems so I really did not care, but the newest one has 3 areas of rubbing. I guess I will have to live with it, who knows if #4 would be better.

Some small touch up and boom, you're done. I know it's not ideal, but I always expect to have to touch up a piece when I order something due to a couple of reasons:

1) Shipping and packaging can cause rubs/breaks that may occur. If I can fix something with super glue and/or a little touch up paint and it can be as good as new without noticing it, then I'm fine with that.

2) These are coming out of factories where they are painting hundreds at a time. Human error is bound to happen on a number of them and I don't expect perfection from humans working in that type of environment.

Some small touch up and boom, you're done. I know it's not ideal, but I always expect to have to touch up a piece when I order something due to a couple of reasons:

1) Shipping and packaging can cause rubs/breaks that may occur. If I can fix something with super glue and/or a little touch up paint and it can be as good as new without noticing it, then I'm fine with that.

2) These are coming out of factories where they are painting hundreds at a time. Human error is bound to happen on a number of them and I don't expect perfection from humans working in that type of environment.
Honestly that is not something we should have to deal with, unless it is very minor. That is why they pay people to design their packaging. While never expect perfection, issues are something QC should be looking out for, again why pay someone to check them if they still get through with issues. Although they sometimes half a$$ repair stuff and that actually makes it worse. That is what happed with my 2nd bust.

My rubs are over a large area, not going to be easy and color matching is a PITA. I will probably just leave it as it kind of looks like battle damage. Already went through repairs with the full body Smaug that had a cracked leg I had to fix.

I fixed a cracked part of the wing on my full Smaug too, but I didn't notice that at the time I got him so I'm not even sure it was there the whole time. Might've been something that I did or that just developed. I was pissed at first when I found it, but then I had some fun trying to fix it and paint it. All better now :)

I fixed a cracked part of the wing on my full Smaug too, but I didn't notice that at the time I got him so I'm not even sure it was there the whole time. Might've been something that I did or that just developed. I was pissed at first when I found it, but then I had some fun trying to fix it and paint it. All better now :)

Mine happened in shipping for sure, the whole leg cracked all the way around and it was like that the day I opened it. It was hard to work on without breaking something else while I was in there, everything is so fragile, plus at least 3 different color matches I had to do.

They gave me a credit, but what a pain that was too though, they could not figure how to credit my card and wanted my banking info!

Excellent statue! I'm happy! :panic:

0_159ded_c11ab0a5_XL.jpg

0_159dee_5cbb0c9c_XL.jpg

0_159def_886ce4bd_XL.jpg

0_159df0_caad2d08_XL.jpg

0_159df1_f84462d5_XL.jpg

0_159e01_99f18c9c_XL.jpg

0_159df5_ca284c41_XL.jpg

0_159df4_8ea67e33_XL.jpg

0_159dfe_6e2e167_XL.jpg

0_159dfd_fc18d5bb_XL.jpg

0_159dfc_a377d80e_XL.jpg

0_159dfb_6d9e79d3_XL.jpg

0_159df6_1a4f95de_XL.jpg

That's true, pics are really good. Paint is better than I thought. Is it the same with the other smaug statue?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Ordered this guy a week and a half ago and he still hasn't shipped.
Emailed Weta and they said they missed my order somehow.
Paid $102 for shipping. Can't believe he hasn't been sent out yet. :(
I hope I get him in one piece. It's -22C here and getting colder. Things tend to break in transit when it's this cold.

I get mine from EU warehouse within 3 days after order!

i wish you good luck to get him fast and save.

Back