Smaug bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final pics with camera flash on...just gotta wait for my ordered wooden wall mount to come in and he'll be on my wall like a deer

No airbrush only good ole fashioned hand held paint brushes...about 6 dif brushes. Also use my fingers alot in the process to smear, clean, rub on etc for certain things...next month I'll be done with the Games Workshop Smaug

A lot of coats were done too...lots of clear gloss or satin poly used too...first was orange primer, then a clear coat of poly.then more paint. Then another coat poly, then paint and another poly coat...even after that I do a once over and final touch up, I then do another last poly coat...lots of layers here..you can see the depth layers of colors on his flesh...i mixed alot of colors to create my own color mixtures...the top section and spikes are high gloss and the rest is satin...I wish my father was around to see what I've built and painted the past few years...there was quite a gap in my life where I didn't paint or build for over 20 years...trying to make up for some lost time ��

That looks really good. I used to paint a lot of resin and vinyl kits, loved getting garage kits for characters that I liked a lot when I could find them. That's what got me into statue collecting. It's been a good 10-15 years since I was actively painting but I'm getting back into it. Nice job, post more when it's complete.

Got the wooden wall mount in yesterday...I stained and epoxy'd...added the 5 Weta coins...I'm happy with it :)

027_zps6at8znui.jpg

Looks awesome, cracking display piece - Love it!! :rock :clap :clap

Back