Smaug bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ended up getting one from WETA as they messed up my Barad-dur order and I came out about the same($350 shipped) as getting from WBshop(who are now sold out).

I like the piece more than the full body version I sold a few months back, but the one they sent clearly had been opened. It had multiple repairs(poorly glued spikes and some even just painted over spikes where the pieces could not be found?) I was hugely disappointed, I am hoping the replacement will be a good as I have to destroy the current one. 3rd order in a row from them that has been a problem.

this is open ES? I didn't know that. This just dropped all the way to the bottom of my wishlist.

Orthanc had 400 numbered, then another 600 that were not. I have one of the unnumbered ones with xxx/600 on the box. Just like Rivendell. Other unnumbered environments also have xxx/whatever on the brown shippers as well.

Smaug bust has no numbered pieces at all, so it's not exactly the same. More like MT. Both should be around for a while but not forever.

Orthanc had 400 numbered, then another 600 that were not. I have one of the unnumbered ones with xxx/600 on the box. Just like Rivendell. Other unnumbered environments also have xxx/whatever on the brown shippers as well.

Smaug bust has no numbered pieces at all, so it's not exactly the same. More like MT. Both should be around for a while but not forever.

My smaug box has XXX/1000 on it, so I think that just means the batch number.

Yah, that's probably it. At least that let's you know how many were done in total, unless weta does another run. But I doubt they'd do more.

Makes me wonder about Rivendell, my batch # was xxx/300. This was from the last batch now shipping before it's gone.

you think this piece is that good though?
Well, Orthanc was actually a good deal at retail for the size/detail compared to other environments, this is probably priced about right. I could easily it see it $600+ once is sells out though as I don't expect us to ever get a larger Smaug piece.

Got notice my new one should ship today, hopefully I can finally get a trouble free piece from them.

Well, another Weta screw up. Weeks went by and no Smaug, so I emailed in to see status. Aparrently the US warehouse "missed" the order from CS dept to send my new one out. Supposedly they are sending today. What a joke.

I posted about them about 15 posts above. I have gotten from them many times in the past, if I was not already committed to Weta I would order from them for sure.

Back