Sleis' collection (LotR, Dinosauria, Alien, Marvel) 9-22-'13 Dilophosaurus last page

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sleis' collection (LotR, Dinosauria, Alien, Marvel) LotR dio update 8-1-'13

Great collection and setup!
I love the Zorro, may have to look into getting one.

Maybe a little different but recently I started building a Revell Titanic model, because I always have been very into Titanic and love Cameron's movie. I bought a plastic Revell kit on 1:400 scale, which makes her about 67 centimeters long. For those who have never seen a model before (like myself before I started this): everything comes in loose, unpainted parts in mostly white plastic, that you have to cut out, make clean, paint and assemble yourself. It took me about two months to finish her, but it was great fun. It's a great model of a great ship and if anyone here likes Titanic and want to put time and effort to it, I can surely recommend it.

I have some pictures of the result (also of the process, but that would make even more and take hours to load probably :p). I took it as close to Camerons Titanic as I could, by watching and pausing the movie. I don't know why but somehow it looks better in real live with al the ropes and stuff, but you get an idea. I have never done building modelkits before, so forgive me for mistakes that you might see. My only personal bother is the fence on the hind deck (don't know the word in english) which broke while assembling. I fixed it as good als I can, but am still not totally happy with it. Am getting a new one so going to see if I dare to take this of and put the new one on again.

Hope you enjoy :)

P1040443_zpsfba96158.jpg

P1040444_zpsb0418155.jpg

P1040449_zpsc44dac17.jpg

P1040450_zpse540f414.jpg

P1040451_zps52e2fe98.jpg

P1040452_zps54687dcd.jpg

P1040456_zpsf7c49857.jpg

P1040458_zpsd3de8247.jpg

P1040484_zpsbb4c53a7.jpg

P1040485_zpsad7fb575.jpg

P1040488_zps8b30e4ea.jpg

P1040470_zps61cd1c8a.jpg

P1040471_zps44a27e62.jpg

P1040472_zps33d7c9c0.jpg

P1040474_zps2f3e971d.jpg

P1040476_zps56fd6cab.jpg

P1040478_zpsd7152c1b.jpg

P1040483_zpsebb8dbe0.jpg

Re: Sleis' collection (LotR, Dinosauria, Alien, Marvel) Revell Titanic update

Very nice mate. Seems well worth the time and efforts you have put in.
23lo1vr.gif

Re: Sleis' collection (LotR, Dinosauria, Alien, Marvel) Revell Titanic update

Have rearranged some cabinets since my fish tank broke down and I got a bigger and better one downstairs, so this is how it turned out :) haven't had a change to fully clean the doors yet so forgive me the stains on the glass.

First... everybody in the danger zone moved to another room:

DSC04853_zps16f4d5b8.jpg

DSC04855_zpsdf12cf0e.jpg

Note on the other room's door... says something like 'No entrance due to freerunning dinosaurs' in Dutch.

DSC04856_zps8ea3d3ff.jpg

From one side... apologize for the mess around everything :p

DSC04858_zps8cb72a72.jpg

DSC04860_zps23a32f50.jpg

From the other side... not enough room for the right angle but hey...

DSC04862_zpsb2667c6e.jpg

I hope to be able to keep most of it like this, the Titanic will move upstairs in time and I planned to have the SS Dinosauria Stegosaurus there, but I haven't heard from the guy selling it to me in a long while so not sure if that's still going to happen. Will have a nice space for Dilophosaurus otherwise :)

Hope u guys like it!

Re: Sleis' collection (LotR, Dinosauria, Alien, Marvel) Update 8-10-'13 Cabinet expan

Very nice collection ;)

Re: Sleis' collection (LotR, Dinosauria, Alien, Marvel) Update 8-10-'13 Cabinet expan

Very nice collection, love the setup :clap :clap - you've got an excellent range of figures there! :)

Great Great Update, Score on RMS TITANIC and Pic's + your overview of the Collection, Excellent Post Sleis my Friend

Got those two yesterday!

They are really wonderfull. Especially the sculpt, the pose of the female and the colours on the males head are great and I start liking them more everytime I see them. A real vivid statue! Had to wait for over a year for it but is was really worth it.

Got those two yesterday!

They are really wonderfull. Especially the sculpt, the pose of the female and the colours on the males head are great and I start liking them more everytime I see them. A real vivid statue! Had to wait for over a year for it but is was really worth it.

I see what you mean, I really like the look of this couple, Great Great Score and Pic's my Friend Sleis, Excellent Posts

Hi fellow Dutchie,

Very nice collection man. Love the dinosauria collection. I was looking for them myself but they all seem to be sold out :S. And it was also the reason why I signed up for this forum.

I love it. I wish I bought them when they came out. Unfortunately I just found out about them.

Back