Sleis' collection (LotR, Dinosauria, Alien, Marvel) 9-22-'13 Dilophosaurus last page

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sleis' collection (LotR, Dinosauria, Alien, Marvel)

Great collection. The movie posters are a nice touch

Sweet collection!

Glad to see Harley squeezed in there :)

Man, do I wish I had got into collecting earlier. Your pics of the SSW pieces look fantastic, in particular the Fell Beast and oliphant. Great sculpts!

Excellent collection and welcome to the forum. :duff

Really liking that Christine collectible car. One of my favorite movies.

Thanks a lot guys! I should probably change the Millenium-poster into something Marvel or Kong one day to have them totally match the statue-lines, but it's kinda horror to frame them and I will always love Rapache's Lisbeth Salander, so will probably leave it like this for a while longer. However, looking back I did gave in a lot of space by making the entire wall a poster-wall, could have put a lot of cabinets and thus a lot of more statues there if thinking about it :p

MrStayPuft, the SSW pieces of LotR are indeed great, solo Sideshow is good but I always loved the older SSW stuff more. Actually I also started to collect them only about five years ago so back then all of them were pretty sold out already, so bought most of it second hand as well. I too got in too late to be part of the original releases, unfortunatly. Nonetheless, I can surely recommend getting them on the second hand market. They're awesome and prices have kinda dropped on them recently, at least around here they did, and to me they will always have the most of that 'Lord of the Rings-vibe' that you can get.

Thanks to you too Firebird, Christine is classic, another movie I liked better than the book though Stephen King is brilliant for making it up, if only I would have enough money to afford a life-sized driveable Christine :)

pretty sweet collection for someone with no income. Very nice!

Thanks! I wasn't always poor you know, my first years at university I used to work more then study so I saved a lot of money for statues back then :)

I borrowed my uncle's better camera, so if you enjoy it I will post some more close-up and arty pics every so often. I'll have to work on a better background (white sheets or something) but some pieces are so fragile or heavy I don't like moving them around, so will do it this way for now. Hope you enjoy them :)

P1040247.jpg

P1040239.jpg

P1040237.jpg

P1040226.jpg

P1040225.jpg

Hello Sleis. You have an impressive collection. That means investing a lot of money in a common passion:1-1:. Respect!:

Very nice collection and well displayed. Yes you did everything right :)

Very nice collection.

Thanks you guys for the kind words and the friend requests :) very good to meet alike minded people here with such great passion for collecting :)

Have some new pictures in, hope you like them. The one with the Carnotaurus is my favorite so far. Will also hopefully get my Sideshow Battle above the Black Gate: Fell Beast vs. Eagle diorama today. Hope it shipped ok and didn't break on the way here :pray:

P1040144.jpg

P1040133.jpg

P1040115.jpg

P1040110.jpg

P1040099.jpg

Thanks honey ;)

Got the LotR diorama today, in good health :D it's a great diorama, even better than I expected. Whole statue is awesome and the colours of the Eagle look way better in person than they do on pictures.

Pics:

P1040305.jpg

P1040286.jpg

P1040288.jpg

P1040292.jpg

P1040293.jpg

P1040294.jpg

P1040304.jpg

Back