Sleepy Hollow on Fox

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After watching that trailer, I am at least 98% certain that this show is going to be awful and will get absolutely panned. That's good enough for me.

But, hey, everyone has guilty pleasures. Hell, I have my own. I love lots of terrible B-movies and stuff. But I know they're not good. They're called "guilty" pleasures for a reason.

This will probably be a popular show, though. It fits right in with the current crop of garbage on network TV, especially ones geared toward teen girls, complete with Ambercrombie & Fitch leading man.
Wut?

This isn't Twilight and there are no teenage vampires.

I cancelled my cable in January, but I would subscribe to HBOGO if HBO allowed direct subscriptions. Currently you have to have an active HBO subscription through a cable provider in order to have an account.

They already have the infrastructure in place to allow consumers to subscribe directly, but they are too afraid of pissing off the cable providers/mired in contracts to allow it to happen.

Sometimes strange can be good. :dunno I don't think this is going to be a big hit...but I'm willing to check it out. Three of my favorite shows - Elementary, Hannibal and Justified would not be considered hits but they are well worth watching, imo.

If it ends up being a dud - then no big deal. I'll stop watching it and/or it will get cancelled.

After watching that trailer, I am at least 98% certain that this show is going to be awful and will get absolutely panned. That's good enough for me.

But, hey, everyone has guilty pleasures. Hell, I have my own. I love lots of terrible B-movies and stuff. But I know they're not good. They're called "guilty" pleasures for a reason.

This will probably be a popular show, though. It fits right in with the current crop of garbage on network TV, especially ones geared toward teen girls, complete with Ambercrombie & Fitch leading man.

Almost Human looks pretty alright. Nothing amazing, but there's potential there. And with Karl Urban as the lead, it has no chance. Which is sad. This show is going to stay on because there's a "mystery". And people will think it's a "clever twist on the story"...when it's just as generic as they come.

Almost Human will die quickly, and we'll have to suffer through 3 seasons of Sleepy Hollow With Guns. :monkey4

Wut?

This isn't Twilight and there are no teenage vampires.
What? It doesn't take teenage vampires to fall squarely in that territory. Do you have any knowledge of the established character of Ichabod Crane vs what he looks like in this dreck? They absolutely went with Abercrombie & Fitch model leading man for the girlies here. Even the Johnny Depp version of the character was a more honest interpretation, and even that was way off.

Sometimes strange can be good. :dunno
I don't think this is going to be a big hit...but I'm willing to check it out. Three of my favorite shows - Elementary, Hannibal and Justified would not be considered hits but they are well worth watching, imo.

If it ends up being a dud - then no big deal. I'll stop watching it and/or it will get cancelled.
My problem is a fear that it will be a hit, thus beaconing an onslaught of more stuff like this. Not to mention a whole generation of people now associating the Sleepy Hollow name and characters with... this.

Plus, it's written and show-driven by Orci & Kurtzman. "Lowest Common Denominator" is in blinking red lights all over this thing.

Sometimes strange can be good. :dunno I don't think this is going to be a big hit...but I'm willing to check it out. Three of my favorite shows - Elementary, Hannibal and Justified would not be considered hits but they are well worth watching, imo.

I thought Elementary was doing well in the ratings. It's probably my favorite show right now, I'd be crushed if it got axed.

Almost Human looks pretty alright. Nothing amazing, but there's potential there. And with Karl Urban as the lead, it has no chance. Which is sad. This show is going to stay on because there's a "mystery". And people will think it's a "clever twist on the story"...when it's just as generic as they come.

Almost Human will die quickly, and we'll have to suffer through 3 seasons of Sleepy Hollow With Guns. :monkey4

For some reason, which I can't quite explain, Sleepy Hollow looks more interesting to me than Almost Human....I loved Supernatural with it's whole Apocalypse, 4 Horsemen storyline....love that kind of stuff...plus Sleepy Hollow - it's Ichabod Crane, the Headless Horseman plus Apocalypse/4 Horseman thrown in....so that intrigues me.

Almost Human...I like Urban and I like JJ Abrams...so I'll watch the pilot and give it a shot.

Yes, easily the worst decision made by a network in the last decade, which is ironic, given Deckard's decorations. :rotfl

Although, Deadwood's cancellation brought us Justified and Sons of Anarchy, so it wasn't entirely bad.

The more I've thought about it over the years, the more I think it ended at the perfect time.

They couldn't have topped Hearst as a villain. Simply impossible. Would have ended with the Camp burning down and Al leaving to goto Chicago(to die). I like it the way it is, it's sort of happy. They win enough, run Hearst out of town, avoid a massacre, get to keep the town they built and the government they created. It's all still theirs. Plus if you look at it more as the central plot revolving around the gold claim which was the focus from episode 1 on, than it did pretty much come full circle. It was rooted in history and couldn't deviate too far from it without losing main characters.

Somewhere....damn I can't remember where now...I read or saw the plot synopsis for the next season that they never got to make. I would have liked to have seen it. All hell was going to break loose and things with Hearst were far from over.

Somewhere....damn I can't remember where now...I read or saw the plot synopsis for the next season that they never got to make. I would have liked to have seen it. All hell was going to break loose and things with Hearst were far from over.

I never heard him mention Hearst. He gives his whole synopsis himself on the dvds about how it would have gone and mentions the fire and Al never getting back to the same level of power afterwards.

https://blogs.courant.com/roger_catlin_tv_eye/2008/11/milchs-end-to-deadwood-i-dont.html

They could have never topped that season 2 ending though. That's what plays through my head as the true ending, one of the few occasions the town is brought togeather and everyone(cept Tolliver) is happy. Even Al smiles approvingly right before it blacks out.

What? It doesn't take teenage vampires to fall squarely in that territory. Do you have any knowledge of the established character of Ichabod Crane vs what he looks like in this dreck? They absolutely went with Abercrombie & Fitch model leading man for the girlies here. Even the Johnny Depp version of the character was a more honest interpretation, and even that was way off.
First of all, this clearly isn't supposed to be accurate to the Sleepy Hollow book. Second of all, were you honestly expecting them to cast someone that fits this description?:

"He was tall, but exceedingly lank, with narrow shoulders, long arms and legs, hands that dangled a mile out of his sleeves, feet that might have served for shovels, and his whole frame most loosely hung together. His head was small, and flat at top, with huge ears, large green glassy eyes, and a long snipe nose, so that it looked like a weathercock perched upon his spindle neck, to tell which way the wind blew. To see him striding along the profile of a hill on a windy day, with his clothes bagging and fluttering about him, one might have mistaken him for the genius of famine descending upon the earth, or some scarecrow eloped from a corn-field."

Yeah, good luck with that.

FYI, most television actors are muscular and good-looking. :dunno

And you can't call this "dreck" until you've actually seen the damn show.

There's your Ichabod Crane.

Joel-David-Moore.jpg

First of all, this clearly isn't supposed to be accurate to the Sleepy Hollow book. Second of all, were you honestly expecting them to cast someone that fits this description?:

"He was tall, but exceedingly lank, with narrow shoulders, long arms and legs, hands that dangled a mile out of his sleeves, feet that might have served for shovels, and his whole frame most loosely hung together. His head was small, and flat at top, with huge ears, large green glassy eyes, and a long snipe nose, so that it looked like a weathercock perched upon his spindle neck, to tell which way the wind blew. To see him striding along the profile of a hill on a windy day, with his clothes bagging and fluttering about him, one might have mistaken him for the genius of famine descending upon the earth, or some scarecrow eloped from a corn-field."

Yeah, good luck with that.

FYI, most television actors are muscular and good-looking. :dunno

And you can't call this "dreck" until you've actually seen the damn show.

Unless the trailer is not at all indicative, it's dreck.

There's your Ichabod Crane.

Joel-David-Moore.jpg

:lecture Immeasurably better.

I never heard him mention Hearst. He gives his whole synopsis himself on the dvds about how it would have gone and mentions the fire and Al never getting back to the same level of power afterwards.

https://blogs.courant.com/roger_catlin_tv_eye/2008/11/milchs-end-to-deadwood-i-dont.html

They could have never topped that season 2 ending though. That's what plays through my head as the true ending, one of the few occasions the town is brought togeather and everyone(cept Tolliver) is happy. Even Al smiles approvingly right before it blacks out.

Yeah...I agree the season 2 finale was better than the 3. There was an optimistic hope...and I hated Tolliver. The season 3 ending left me sad....they may have survived Hearst...but damn was it at a high cost.

Unless the trailer is not at all indicative, it's dreck.

:lecture Immeasurably better.

This reminds of Hot Toys threads when the first pre-production pics are released and they aren't to everyone's liking. It's the Chicken Little syndrome. :lol

Back