Sleepy Hollow on Fox

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Once Upon A Time was terrible. This doesn't give off the same vibe. :dunno

Concept is weird. Trailer was awesome. Show looks good. I'm checking it out.

19th century Bain(without a head) travels to the future.....hmmmm...I like this idea...Just don't cross the streams!....Go getter Ray!

Married with Children and X-Files have been off the air for a very long time. Well before 2000. Of the rest that you listed the only one I'd actually give credit as a good show would be the first few seasons of 24. And King of the Hill I guess, that was on fox right or did they cancel that too and let Adult Swim have it, I'm not sure?

And I watched plenty of House(had a few of Serang's House figures), That 70s Show etc but none of them are near the quality of the other shows mentioned. House became as generic as it comes. celeb guest gets sick somehow, search his house find something, treat it, wrong thing, times running out, House saves em.

But they canned Family Guy Season 1. It wasn't until Adult Swim bought it that they realised they had something.

And I mentioned Simpsons already, if I'm not mistaken this is the last season.

Then don't watch the show. Seriously the disdain for something that hasn't even aired yet is baffling. :lol

And I'll never forgive HBO for cancelling Deadwood and Carnivale. :monkey2

Then don't watch the show. Seriously the disdain for something that hasn't even aired yet is baffling. :lol

I freakin loved Carnivale!...yes correcto!

Married with Children and X-Files have been off the air for a very long time. Well before 2000. Of the rest that you listed the only one I'd actually give credit as a good show would be the first few seasons of 24. And King of the Hill I guess, that was on fox right or did they cancel that too and let Adult Swim have it, I'm not sure?

And I watched plenty of House(had a few of Serang's House figures), That 70s Show etc but none of them are near the quality of the other shows mentioned. House became as generic as it comes. celeb guest gets sick somehow, search his house find something, treat it, wrong thing, times running out, House saves em.

Hey you asked what shows had been on for as many seasons as some of the shows you mentioned from cable tv. I didn't say that they would meet the Deckard standard of optimal tv viewing - BUT they were on for many seasons. And King of the Hill was on FOX.

My disdain is for network television in general. They know they suck, don't worry, it's why they cancel so much stuff contantly.

Theres a great article about how what we watch has changed and it's become about bingewatching shows, theres alot of truth to that. Alot of people will just say I'm not going to watch this season of _____ as it airs and instead wait for it to end so I can watch the whole season in one go. It's that mentality that also means new shows have less of a shot than ever of taking off so it baffles me that they would even waste time on such a strange concept when they are clearly so desperately trying to catch up to people like HBO who are pioneering this new fad with things like HBOGO.

Hey you asked what shows had been on for as many seasons as some of the shows you mentioned from cable tv. I didn't say that they would meet the Deckard standard of optimal tv viewing - BUT they were on for many seasons. And King of the Hill was on FOX.

No I asked what was the last "great" show. I liked House, That 70s Show, King of the Hill but I don't consider them great. They are things I watch if on and flipping around but not something I've ever put on myself while streaming or searching content online or just thinking hey I want to watch X.

After watching that trailer, I am at least 98% certain that this show is going to be awful and will get absolutely panned. That's good enough for me.

But, hey, everyone has guilty pleasures. Hell, I have my own. I love lots of terrible B-movies and stuff. But I know they're not good. They're called "guilty" pleasures for a reason.

This will probably be a popular show, though. It fits right in with the current crop of garbage on network TV, especially ones geared toward teen girls, complete with Ambercrombie & Fitch leading man.

Yes, easily the worst decision made by a network in the last decade, which is ironic, given Deckard's decorations. :rotfl

Although, Deadwood's cancellation brought us Justified and Sons of Anarchy, so it wasn't entirely bad.

Deckard, you are leaving out all of the great series that have aired on FX, which is Fox's programming equivilent to AMC, HBO, etc.

- The Shield
- Sons of Anarchy
- Justified
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Louie

Deckard, you are leaving out all of the great series that have aired on FX, which is Fox's programming equivilent to AMC, HBO, etc.

- The Shield
- Sons of Anarchy
- Justified
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Louie

That's true, those I can give you, those are great shows.

desperately trying to catch up to people like HBO who are pioneering this new fad with things like HBOGO.

HBOGO is a joke, only once HBO allows consumers to subscribe directly without having an existing cable subscription, THEN they will be pioneering something...

This looks pretty interesting. I think the problem with all networks to an extent is they don't plan very well. Things like Zero Hour should have had a two part production plan. Plan A would be plot out an idea for the first season. Plan B would be a contingency in case of ratings fallout. If you are going to commit to putting something in production plan to make the most of it. Zero Hour was taken off the air after 3 episodes. I think they had 3 or 4 more episodes filmed. I'm interested enough in it to persue the unaired episodes if it ever hits DVD, but I'll wait until it gets marked down. If they finished out the story with some resolution I would be encouraged to buy it sooner and for more money. This seems like a way to recoup more of thier money then just destroying the sets and sending everyone home.

HBOGO is a joke, only once HBO allows consumers to subscribe directly without having an existing cable subscription, THEN they will be pioneering something...

Huh? I don't get it, you're saying you just want access to HBOGO and not HBO the channel than? I only pay $15 a month I think for HBO + the 5-6 other HBO channels and HBOGO which is every movie they are currently airing + every series they ever had every episode + comedey specials etc. Honestly the way I already see it is I'm paying for HBOGO and getting HBO channels as a bonus.

Back