Sleepy Hollow from Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there will be a horseman and I wouldn't buy him even if there was. If I remember from the original announcement for Depp's likeness stated these figures were a Depp line not Depp and friends:

"Dear Johnny Depp fans,

We believe that many of our fans are like us being the die-hard fans of Johnny Depp and are very enthusiastic about his movies! We are just more than happy to share with our fans that we will be launching different characters of his, and taking the lead is the DX Jack Sparrow Collectible Figure from the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie!

With the coolest artists crossover, this collectible figure will be even more detailed and movie-accurate, with each part sophisticatedly sculpted and made! Stay tuned!"

27299_10200290825892486_1694201664_n.jpg
:panic::rock
HT is always upping themselves so I cant see how they would rest with that terrible un-likeness of Depp Scissorhands!
Yea unfortunately HT at the time wasnt as big as they are now and they only had the movie license and not Depp's likeness license. I'd be willing to bet we'll see another Scissorhands. I would hope that would be the next Depp figure but I bet it's Cannibal King Sparrow. Still need Hatter and Wonka. Doubt they'd make him but I'd love an Ed Wood too.

I don't think there will be a horseman and I wouldn't buy him even if there was. If I remember from the original announcement for Depp's likeness stated these figures were a Depp line not Depp and friends:

"Dear Johnny Depp fans,

We believe that many of our fans are like us being the die-hard fans of Johnny Depp and are very enthusiastic about his movies! We are just more than happy to share with our fans that we will be launching different characters of his, and taking the lead is the DX Jack Sparrow Collectible Figure from the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie!

With the coolest artists crossover, this collectible figure will be even more detailed and movie-accurate, with each part sophisticatedly sculpted and made! Stay tuned!"

:panic::rock

Yea unfortunately HT at the time wasnt as big as they are now and they only had the movie license and not Depp's likeness license. I'd be willing to bet we'll see another Scissorhands. I would hope that would be the next Depp figure but I bet it's Cannibal King Sparrow. Still need Hatter and Wonka. Doubt they'd make him but I'd love an Ed Wood too.

Yeah Id put money on the fact that we will see a new Scissorhands eventually. I wouldnt mind him being a DX either, with civilian clothes and maybe a "Sculpted Bush" or "Ice Sculpture".

And Im sure we will see Hatter and Wonka at some point. After that Id be fine. Maybe an ICON figure of Depp himself would be fun!

But yeah Id be up for Ed Wood, Agent Sands, Barnabas...Pretty much any and all Depp characters but Ill be realistic in knowing we wont get all of them.

Have the original Edward and so if HT gives another go I would save money and just grab the head. The costume on the original would be hard to top even with today's abilities. Just like the Mark 1, I would just replace the head.

Have the original Edward and so if HT gives another go I would save money and just grab the head. The costume on the original would be hard to top even with today's abilities. Just like the Mark 1, I would just replace the head.

Yeah the outfit was PERFECT. They really wouldnt need to change a thing. Add the civilian get up to offee something new and a new real Depp likeness and its a Win.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

:lecture

They would have to really pile on the accessories in order to make me bite on the full figure. Thinking on the MMS box too...probably one of the coolest, most creative boxes I've seen them put out, DXs included.

I'd be willing to bet we'll see another Scissorhands. I would hope that would be the next Depp figure but I bet it's Cannibal King Sparrow. Still need Hatter and Wonka. Doubt they'd make him but I'd love an Ed Wood too.

Been earnestly waiting for an Edward re-release :pray: Would love to see a Hatter and a Wonka too!

I'm not even a mild fan for this but I might cave if they included his head gear:

5.jpg

Edited to add: Actually, I do see the longer, brass-colored magnifier over his left eye as part of the accessories. :yess:

Bet they will...iconic look for him

Bet they will...iconic look for him

He'll come with everything the Medicom version did plus more Im sure. And you can see the small lense attachment in the one photo with the white background. The Glasses will definitely be there.

What would really make this release over the top would be the inclusion of the Twisted looking Tree, scaled down some of course, a long shot, but still would look great!

He'll come with everything the Medicom version did plus more Im sure. And you can see the small lense attachment in the one photo with the white background. The Glasses will definitely be there.

What would really make this release over the top would be the inclusion of the Twisted looking Tree, scaled down some of course, a long shot, but still would look great!

I do wonder if they will do I dio kind of thing with him. I mean so far for their Depp line they: DX Sparrow with the rudder and "decking", Sweeney Todd with the chair, base and backdrop, and Cannibal King (though not revealed yet) with the throne.

I do wonder if they will do I dio kind of thing with him. I mean so far for their Depp line they: DX Sparrow with the rudder and "decking", Sweeney Todd with the chair, base and backdrop, and Cannibal King (though not revealed yet) with the throne.

Yeah thats why Im thinking there might be, but Im not getting my hopes up. But it would look strange for Crane to come so bare and not include SOMETHING.

I just hope we get unique hands all with the Iron Maiden scars. Would be lazy of them otherwise.

He should come with the Horseman's skull as well!

I REALLY want them to do the Horseman now. Hopefully with horse, but I'd take just him at this point. Unless they want a Walken head included, he'd basically be a freebie (no head = no likeness rights) since they likely have the license to make figureS rather than just Depp specifically.

Yes, that would be another great accessory. Hopefully HT realizes the accessories are what are really going to sell this figure. The bag and gadgets are a good start, but shouldn't be it. I do think the Horseman skull is a great thing to include unless they have plans to release the full Horseman and save it for that figure.

Man, another great idea! See! Its going to be all of these little accessories that could really sell the figure or the lack of them not sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back