Skinner!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great item, a home run. I always believed this would be a sleeper hit and with only 500 made and a laptop, glasses with lenses, etc, it is a hit!

btw, the paint apps on the face are extraordinary, they really nailed the fleshtones, just superb, pics don't do it justice.

Will somebody please post a pic with his glasses on?

Looking good! :D Look forward to getting Skinner...

Any more pics out of box displayed?

shaun-o said:
I would love to find a 1/6 scale desk to set him up with. Any ideas where to get one? Maybe Sideshow will do an Inclusive.

I thought of doing that too. Might have to end up building one myself from soft wood though... and I'm not one with much carpentry skills... :eek:

The glasses are much better than the prototype and don't look bad at all. They are not crystal clear (a bit foggy), but I can live with it. The hair is also a bit too dark, but I'd rather it be too dark then all grey. His eyebrows are the same grey as the proto however and look a bit weird sense he only has a bit of grey on the sides of his temples.

Buttmunch said:
The glasses are much better than the prototype and don't look bad at all. They are not crystal clear (a bit foggy), but I can live with it. The hair is also a bit too dark, but I'd rather it be too dark then all grey. His eyebrows are the same grey as the proto however and look a bit weird sense he only has a bit of grey on the sides of his temples.

Yeah, but it IS Skinner... and that's what's most important to me.

Yeah the glasses don't look half bad. Greatly improved over the prototype IMO. The head sculpt, outfit, and accessories look great, so I can't wait to get mine!
But I'm surprised Sideshow hasn't updated the product page yet with the production figure's photos, gives me the impression that they're not as interested in the X Files license as they are in their other licenses.

This is why Fedex suck:

Last Scan: Arrived at Sort Facility 13 LOS ANGELES CA US 20060621 0337
LOS ANGELES CA US
Carrier: FedEx
Service: Intl Economy
FedEx Tracking Number: 700399210889

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scan History:

Arrived at Sort Facility 13 LOS ANGELES CA US 20060621 0337
Left FedEx Sort Facility 10 OAKLAND CA US 20060621 0218
Arrived at Sort Facility 13 OAKLAND CA US 20060620 1057
Left FedEx Sort Facility 10 OAKLAND CA US 20060620 1031
Arrived at Sort Facility 13 OAKLAND CA US 20060620 0924
Left FedEx Sort Facility 10 LOS ANGELES CA US 20060620 0018
Arrived at Sort Facility 13 LOS ANGELES CA US 20060619 2323
Arrived at FedEx Ramp 24 BURBANK CA US 20060619 2213
Left FedEx Ramp 22 BURBANK CA US 20060619 2101
Left FedEx Origin Location 01 CANOGA PARK CA US 20060619 1946
Picked up by FedEx 08 CANOGA PARK CA US 20060619 1438

NOTE: The times listed in the scan details are local time.

Yes you read it right. 28 hours to ship it from LA to Oakland and back again..........

Morons.

Please forward to Sideshow CS... That is absolutely ridiculous. Who runs that company?

oh yeah. These guys: :stooge

Mine will be in tomorrow.
Held up for duties and taxes.

I wish I could find a good
Canadian company to buy these
from. Checked out Cmdstore on the
net but they charge in US funds
and carry the exclusives.

Last edited:
screamingmetal said:
But I'm surprised Sideshow hasn't updated the product page yet with the production figure's photos, gives me the impression that they're not as interested in the X Files license as they are in their other licenses.

I get that impression too. It's a shame, as Skinner is truly a great figure.

screamingmetal said:

Probably no more new X-Files figures this year... :rolleyes:

Well, if a new X-Files movie takes off... about time... :cool:

Two words: Monica Reyes!

Three words: The Lone Gunmen!

I guarantee you they would outsell Reyes. I'm all for a Reyes figure but I think there are characters that deserve figures first. Even with just over a season as a regular character, Reyes still appeared on the show less than the Lone Gunmen did and that's not counting the 13 episodes they had on their own show.

Get the Lone Gunmen out of the way and I definitely think Reyes will be the character with the most appearances on the show without a figure.

GuruAskew said:
Three words: The Lone Gunmen!

I guarantee you they would outsell Reyes. I'm all for a Reyes figure but I think there are characters that deserve figures first. Even with just over a season as a regular character, Reyes still appeared on the show less than the Lone Gunmen did and that's not counting the 13 episodes they had on their own show.

Get the Lone Gunmen out of the way and I definitely think Reyes will be the character with the most appearances on the show without a figure.

I'm sure I've seen a head sculpt out there that would be perfect for Byers... anyone able to help out with a name/model ?

Well, FedEx delivered the new figure to my door step last night. I have to say that my first impression, upon opening this figure, is not a good one. The prototype looked awful and now having seen this figure in person I think the head sculpt it so off I may be sending this one back to Sideshow.

Honestly, it's getting to the point that I'm not willing to drop $45.00 to $55.00 on some of the crap that Sideshow is trying to pawn off on us as collectors and consumers just to be a completist when it comes to a line.

This head-sculpt should have been fixed, and fixed right. Honestly it looks worse than the Frank Black sculpt and that is saying volumes.

I will say this, it comes with a number of accessories. Nice pictures of Clinton and Reno! I appreciate that he comes with a pitol but could they have not stuck the holster in there for it as well????

Despite this, I would still like to see Sideshow do a 12" Reyes and the three Lone Gunmen before they wrap up this series. Maybe those they could get right.

It seems to me of late that Sideshow no longer has any interest in some of its smaller properties since taking on Star Wars and the Lord of The Rings. That really is a shame.

Last edited:
Back