Skinner!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah well the thing you have to remember with the Frank Black figure is that it's not Frank Black from any "Millennium" appearance, the Sideshow license only applied to "The X-Files" so they could only make Frank Black from his single appearance on "The X-Files".

Frank Black only had white hair during the end of the season 2 finale "The Time is Now" and some of the color returned during the first half of season 3 and it only went white again in "The Sound of Snow".

Out of 67 appearances (66 of the 67 "Millennium" episodes plus the "X-Files" episode) he only had the white hair in 12 of them, the bulk of which occurred during a period of the show that most fans would consider the weakest.

I'm sure Sideshow would have made a Frank Black with the more recognizable dark hair if they could have but I'm just thankful that we got one at all. Releasing him as part of the "X-Files" line was a brilliant way to get him out there without paying for an entire license to release a single character that wasn't exactly at the top of anyone's list.

fishyahoo said:
Hi, fellow collectors of X-Files figures... :D

Ah, isn't Skinner bald, so what's the hair colour issue about?

Skinner had Brown hair NOT dark gray hair as in Proto paint job, and Mitch Pilleggi wasn't bald, he was balding so there is a hair color correctness issue...

New pics should be up within a day or so...

Last edited:
GuruAskew said:
Yeah well the thing you have to remember with the Frank Black figure is that it's not Frank Black from any "Millennium" appearance, the Sideshow license only applied to "The X-Files" so they could only make Frank Black from his single appearance on "The X-Files".

Frank Black only had white hair during the end of the season 2 finale "The Time is Now" and some of the color returned during the first half of season 3 and it only went white again in "The Sound of Snow".

Out of 67 appearances (66 of the 67 "Millennium" episodes plus the "X-Files" episode) he only had the white hair in 12 of them, the bulk of which occurred during a period of the show that most fans would consider the weakest.

I'm sure Sideshow would have made a Frank Black with the more recognizable dark hair if they could have but I'm just thankful that we got one at all. Releasing him as part of the "X-Files" line was a brilliant way to get him out there without paying for an entire license to release a single character that wasn't exactly at the top of anyone's list.

EXCELLENT POST! I agree completely. If anyone ever would have told me that the show would ever receive a figure at all at the time I was watching the show, or after it was scrapped I would've said "Yeah, right". It was very crafty to do it this way. I'm also just glad we got one at all. The head is a bit big, and some of the detail is missing vs. the prototype. I took a flesh wash to mine and filled in all of the wrinkles on it. It looks much better now.

So you have any pics of the repaint on your Frank Black figure? The original paint deco sort of reminds me of the bad guys in the old Fleischer Superman cartoons the way his eyes are very wide and extra glossy.

Sorry for off-topic but, Man when will someone make figures from those cartoons... :monkey2

I SHOULD BE GETTING MY SKINNER SOON TOO. BUT WHAT REALLY BLEW ME AWAY WAS THE NOTICE THAT MY NAME CAME UP ON THE WAIT LIST FOR KRYCEK!!!!!!!! I'M GETTIN' A KRYCEK!!!!!!!!!!:monkey5 :D :chew

Buffanatic said:
I SHOULD BE GETTING MY SKINNER SOON TOO. BUT WHAT REALLY BLEW ME AWAY WAS THE NOTICE THAT MY NAME CAME UP ON THE WAIT LIST FOR KRYCEK!!!!!!!! I'M GETTIN' A KRYCEK!!!!!!!!!!:monkey5 :D :chew

Congratulations! The Rat Boy is a very nice sculpt. I like this figure alot!

Last edited:
Got Skinner today. Some cool accessories - a laptop, which I don't believe we've seen from SSC before. Also pics of the current President and Attorney General.

The sculpt is truly amazing, looks dead on like him...

...without the glasses.

Darklord Dave said:
Got Skinner today. Some cool accessories - a laptop, which I don't believe we've seen from SSC before. Also pics of the current President and Attorney General.

...without the glasses.

Pics, pics!!! :D

TQ

Darklord Dave said:

...without the glasses.

They were supposed to send pics of clinton and reno, which is in the product description and accurate to the time of the series...

The 12-inch Skinner figure features:

Over 30+ points of articulation.
Authentic portrait likeness sculpted by Andy Bergholtz
Full costume suit jacket, long sleeve shirt, belt, pants, socks and shoes.
S & W automatic handgun with holster
Flashlight
Cellular phone
Glasses
Laptop
Wallet style FBI Badge
Clinton & Reno Photos
12-inch figure display base featuring the X-Files logo.

Last edited:
Darklord Dave said:

...without the glasses.
Uh oh, that's not a good sign. I guess i can pose mine as if he just took his glasses off for some kind of intimidating stare down of Mulder. I'll have to find some kind of replacement.

yes, current President and AG - current to the series I mean.

The glasses don't look as bad as the ones on the prototype, and they are well made and fit the face extremely well. However they're round and you can see from the picture on the box that he didn't wear round glasses.

Darklord Dave said:
yes, current President and AG - current to the series I mean.

The glasses don't look as bad as the ones on the prototype, and they are well made and fit the face extremely well. However they're round and you can see from the picture on the box that he didn't wear round glasses.

cool with the pics, thanks dave. Andys sculpt looks amazing, can't wait.

I was looking on ebay and noticed that many X-files figures are going for less than their original retail price. Do you think Skinner will retain his value?

JustinLuck said:
I was looking on ebay and noticed that many X-files figures are going for less than their original retail price. Do you think Skinner will retain his value?

Most Exclusives appreciate in value. I say most, probably over 85% of them and ANY Exclusive limited to 500 will appreciate considerably more. Krycheck has sold for over $200 but it does have the oil eyes feature, but Skinner I think will be a sleeper hit because he goes so well with the other figs.

I got my Skinner on Saturday. Looks way better than the proto shots. I have two questions:
1-Did any one else not get a holster?
2-And does the hair seem a little to black?
Other wise his face sculpt might rival CSM. Awesome stuff!

Last edited:
Darklord Dave said:
No holster here either, but I didn't think he was supposed to have one?

The 12-inch Skinner figure features:

Over 30+ points of articulation.
Authentic portrait likeness sculpted by Andy Bergholtz
Full costume suit jacket, long sleeve shirt, belt, pants, socks and shoes.
S & W automatic handgun with holster

Back