Skinner!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Kustomizer said:
Well, FedEx delivered the new figure to my door step last night. I have to say that my first impression, upon opening this figure, is not a good one. The prototype looked awful and now having seen this figure in person I think the head sculpt it so off I may be sending this one back to Sideshow.
i'll buy this figure from you. i don't see anything wrong with him. skinner and the smoking man are the best two scupts in this line. he looks great.

Just picked up my Skinner and I like him!
The tie is sticking up but I think I can fix it.
I am happy to have him in my greedy little hands.
The only thing I am not happy with is that they
shipped it in only the outercardboard box.
All of my other figures were inside a larger
box with lots of packing material. I was charged
28.00 bucks US for the shipping and brokerage/
I had to pay Fedex fee of 7.00 plus taxes.
I will be taking him out of the box and taking pics
so stay tuned. I think I will take him outside for
some natural light.
If it wasn't for the exclusives I would buy all
of my figures from stores or ebay canada.

Skinner has been updated on the SS website
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=xfiles_12&item=78071&type=store

Darth Kustomizer said:
This head-sculpt should have been fixed, and fixed right. Honestly it looks worse than the Frank Black sculpt and that is saying volumes.

I always thought the sculpt on Frank Black was good - but the paint job was very ordinary. I have seen a very good touched up version somewhere.

I will say this, it comes with a number of accessories. Nice pictures of Clinton and Reno! I appreciate that he comes with a pitol but could they have not stuck the holster in there for it as well????

The one major disappointment for me with the X-files line is that Doggett is the only one to come with a trenchcoat/overcoat as standard.... I need to get my extra duncan Mcleods & a exclusive CSM to rectify that....

Despite this, I would still like to see Sideshow do a 12" Reyes and the three Lone Gunmen before they wrap up this series. Maybe those they could get right.

Definitely! I'd like to see the Lone Gunmen done as a triple pack - so they could discount if you get all three - after all - these are not really stand alone characters.

It seems to me of late that Sideshow no longer has any interest in some of its smaller properties since taking on Star Wars and the Lord of The Rings. That really is a shame.

I agree - there does seem to be a lack of announcements for other lines in the wake of Star Wars/LOTR.

We've seen the sculpt for Frank Black was as good as CSM or Skinner, but he suffered from getting a swelled head due to the different material used to cast him.

Not meant as joke, but if I remember well I saw photos of a Frank Black doll whith a shrunken head. (I believe it even was very simple to do)
But I can not find the link.

The lens are clear, the fogginess is probably just a reflection. And I think he does look better without the glasses.

Mine had some loose threads around the collar and pocket. His tie was poking up out of the jacket also. His head was also tilted. So I removed the little sticky circles and fixed those things. Then put him back. No space to display these, but my love for X-Files makes me purchase them all the same, so I keep them all in the boxes. Good thing I have an entire roll of those sticky circle things so I could tape him back. Graet figure. Much better than the initial prototype pics. Whose next...Monica Reyes? I'd like to see

1. "X": Steven Williams's character
2. "Deep Throat"
3. Leech Man with a wetsuit like the Creature from the black Lagoon has.
4. Alien Visitor
5. Liver Eating Mutant Toomes
6. The Demon Guy that reaaaaally likes Scully
7. Pusher
8. maybe the Lone gunmen as a boxed deal?

there were so many weird monsters/aliens/etc. on this show that if they went after them they could do figures for a long time.
But Skinner is great. I hope the line continues.:chew :chew :chew :chew

Anton Phibes said:
Mine had some loose threads around the collar and pocket. His tie was poking up out of the jacket also. His head was also tilted. So I removed the little sticky circles and fixed those things. Then put him back. No space to display these, but my love for X-Files makes me purchase them all the same, so I keep them all in the boxes. Good thing I have an entire roll of those sticky circle things so I could tape him back. Graet figure. Much better than the initial prototype pics. Whose next...Monica Reyes? I'd like to see

1. "X": Steven Williams's character
2. "Deep Throat"
3. Leech Man with a wetsuit like the Creature from the black Lagoon has.
4. Alien Visitor
5. Liver Eating Mutant Toomes
6. The Demon Guy that reaaaaally likes Scully
7. Pusher
8. maybe the Lone gunmen as a boxed deal?

there were so many weird monsters/aliens/etc. on this show that if they went after them they could do figures for a long time.
But Skinner is great. I hope the line continues.:chew :chew :chew :chew

If/when they do the Lone Gunmen - they also have to do Yve and Jimmy Bond. Thankfully both of those guys appeared in "Jump the Shark" where the Lone Gunmen died - so they can pull a Millienium ;)

Realistically I'd only want :-

The Lone Gun (Triple Pack)
X
Monica Reyes
Deep Throat

(hey lookatthat - Reyes and Deep Throat next to each other, wonder how that couplet happened in my mind?...:monkey5 )

Is it possible to tighten his necktie and make his suit look more presentable?

Someone is selling Skinner for $139.99 on ebay. Do you think there will be any takers?

JustinLuck said:
Someone is selling Skinner for $139.99 on ebay. Do you think there will be any takers?

One sold yesterday for $150 on ebay, look in completed listings

JustinLuck said:

keep in mind there are only 500 of these. a $200 price tag in the future would not be unheard of.:monkey3

captain sack said:
keep in mind there are only 500 of these. a $200 price tag in the future would not be unheard of.:monkey3

True, there are no Regular Skinners, only 500 Skinners made, period.

Whoohooo - finally received Skinner and he looks great!

Darklord Dave said:
The glasses don't look as bad as the ones on the prototype, and they are well made and fit the face extremely well. However they're round and you can see from the picture on the box that he didn't wear round glasses.

Actually Dave - flip the box over and look at the reference pics on the back. Somewhere during the series Skinner changed glasses. The reference pics on the back show the round ones like he comes with.

(I thought my memory was going when you raised this - I definitely remembered round glasses cos I've got similar ones).

JustinLuck said:
How do I check completed listings?

On the ebay search page you will see it listed in the left hand column, simply click the box and then show items button, all Skinners sold in the last week or so will appear.

Search Sideshow Skinner to narrow your search...

Last edited:
Back