Sixth scale Bioshock Big Daddy project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abb_eliten

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi all!

This is a project I've been working on for a little (read big) while.
It actually started by me searching the web for a Neca Big Daddy. Unfortunately I was late to the party and the prices were to me ridiculous.
So what to do? Spend a multiple sum of that on a custom figure, in sixth scale of course to match the rest of my collection.

All exterior parts are cold cast iron and bronze. The rest is hand sewn stuff.
Internal parts is milled polyurethane and SLS printed parts.

I started out modeling the whole thing from reference photos and in-game low polys before printing and milling the parts.
After getting the desired finish I made silicone molds for the casting process.

LnjAWhC.jpg

HQb5Mc3.jpg

lOhH2Qp.jpg

zArePOT.jpg

gBP26AR.jpg

MhjOQyw.jpg

Some weathering and leatherwork left to do.

I can add a few more WIP pics if anyone is interested.

You engineered all the articulating parts as well??

Definitely add more pics. It's looking great, it should look amazing when you've got it all wrapped up.

H O L Y SMOKES. THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! I've been planning on trying my hand at a big daddy as well but never thought I'd see one so well made!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job.... the attention to detail,the whole process looks a labor of love and it shows:clap

Thanks! :)

I made an Imgur album here: https://imgur.com/a/qW8cq
Will see if I find any more pics to add later

You engineered all the articulating parts as well??

Definitely add more pics. It's looking great, it should look amazing when you've got it all wrapped up.

Thanks! Yes, I made them as well. They are pretty basic in terms of articulation, but the Bouncer is pretty limited in that regard anyway.
The knees are double jointed, and it is possible to do the kneeling pose (WIP photos)

Added some wear and tear on the drill assembly.
Using a rusting agent on the metal surface works really nice, will add a thin clear coat on top to seal.

NlRQntO.jpg

39KGKTF.jpg

Tried some verdigris weathering and mockup for the inner shoe leather

6CJNOlM.jpg

oiqoQvA.jpg

o4o0Ibo.jpg
Need to add padding to the legs

Back