Statue Gaming Heads 1/4 Bioshock Big Daddy-Rosie and little sister

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm writing to Gaming Heads now...

"Would you kindly decrease your price and release the Bouncer first?"

Tell them to do something about their shipping prices, and that some of their Exclusives are actually less desirable than the regular versions... :goodpost:

Just went and looked at the IR bouncer. That looks wack imo. Though I want the bouncer this piece looks better in quality and feels more like Bioshock. I need to go see what happened to my Tali order. I feel like I ordered her a long time ago

Don't know if I've seen that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

what do you find looks whack about it?

I'm a big fan of the franchise I buy video game statues if I think they take me back to the game. For the IR Bouncer its more of a feeling issue. I think it looks well crafted and will be heavy duty but it just doesn't evoke memories of terror seeing him stomp around while I was patiently sneaking by, or the moments when he realized you were there and came charging full speed down some tight hallways. I'll also never forget the time I first saw a big daddy helping a little sister gather adam, it was kind of mind blowing. However, I just think 2 little sisters and one in his hand is a bit much, as is the kneeling position. I don't feel the terror in the piece that I would want to feel. They took the terror out and emphasized very heavily his relationship to the sisters. If I saw that scene in the game I wouldn't feel the need to check my plasmids and pull out my big guns and look over my environment. I would feel sad and confused.

I guess the Rosie piece does a better job of striking that balance. I see Rosie positioned with the Rivot gun ready for anything, yes there is a sister and I do feel the bond as well as the mystery but I also feel like that Rosie is ready to throw down.

I'm a big fan of the franchise I buy video game statues if I think they take me back to the game. For the IR Bouncer its more of a feeling issue. I think it looks well crafted and will be heavy duty but it just doesn't evoke memories of terror seeing him stomp around while I was patiently sneaking by, or the moments when he realized you were there and came charging full speed down some tight hallways. I'll also never forget the time I first saw a big daddy helping a little sister gather adam, it was kind of mind blowing. However, I just think 2 little sisters and one in his hand is a bit much, as is the kneeling position. I don't feel the terror in the piece that I would want to feel. They took the terror out and emphasized very heavily his relationship to the sisters. If I saw that scene in the game I wouldn't feel the need to check my plasmids and pull out my big guns and look over my environment. I would feel sad and confused.

I guess the Rosie piece does a better job of striking that balance. I see Rosie positioned with the Rivot gun ready for anything, yes there is a sister and I do feel the bond as well as the mystery but I also feel like that Rosie is ready to throw down.

Dude... Could this have been worded any better? I agree, man. Wholeheartedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loved this game and franchise
wish it was the bouncer to, if i had the money to spend i would buy (i dont)

i tried to get my friend to play the game but he couldn't bare absorbing the kids (i told him he could save them)

The statue from IR looks kind of...bad. There's zero sense of danger to the thing. First time you ever see one was in the trailer putting a drill right through a splicer. This one is just too nurturing. I know that's what Big Daddies do, but that's not how I want to display one.

I'd kill for a 1/6 Jack.

They took the terror out and emphasized very heavily his relationship to the sisters. If I saw that scene in the game I wouldn't feel the need to check my plasmids and pull out my big guns and look over my environment. I would feel sad and confused.

I mean, to each their own, but what you describe here is exactly what I feel the point of the Daddies are. Yes they are terrifying, yes, you have to be ready for them. But in the end, it is all BECAUSE of the sisters. Did you ever reach a point in the game where you felt bad for killing a Big Daddy? I know I did, especially with how the Sisters respond to their death.

I think, at least based on what you write, you are more interested in commemorating the gameplay experience than the extrapolated narrative. But I don't mean that statement in a rude or accusative manner, that's just my interpretation. And I certainly understand why you would want to commemorate that aspect more than anything.

Shouldn't she have a cigarette in her hand?

i'm on the fence .... bioshock so cool yet i can't help but think if this was the bouncer i would have clicked PO without question hesitation or regret. Gaming head does some amazing work both half life gordon freeman head crab zombie and the tomb raider statue are actually some of the best statues i have it's so hard to say no to this

Back