Silver Surfer Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Rage said:
I went into it with very low expectations after hearing all the scathing reviews from the fans. OVerall I thought it was ok. I didn't buy the DVD though, so I guess it wasn't that good. I am really not so sure about this CG Surfer.

I went in with low expectations, and they were met with an even lower film.

Yuck, you couldn't pay me to watch that again. :sick

nash said:
there was a movie? What??? I was just watching Jessica Alba the whole time, I must have missed all the dialogue.:lol
Me too:lol

There's a very brief interview with Doug Jones, the actor who portrayed Abe Sapien and the taller of the Gentlemen in the Buffy episode "Hush" about his role as the ill-fated Norinn Radd and how the character may be realized on film:

Doug Jones Interview

glxy.jpg

Monk said:
I can't be scathing enough in any post on any forum to accurately describe my disgust with that film. The director needs to have his scissors and crayons taken away. Permanently. Why they gave him a second chance, I'll never understand. :(

Marvel's only real goal is to pump out the comic-based movies while they're hot, collect the money and run. It's a terrible way to do business, short-sighted at best. The only way that comic-based movies will continue to gain solid box office draws is if people continue to recognize them as quality entertainment. Films like FF, X3 and Elektra do the exact opposite.

My advice to the studios? Take a cue from Raimey and Singer: Focus on the characters, and make the action fit the story. Doing it the other way around (a la Michael Bay) just destroys any hope of the film's longevity. Oh, and leave the cheesey one-liners and MTV-esque dialogue at the door.

I could go on, but I'll quit. Sorry.

Singer did great with The Usual Suspects and the first two X-Men movies.............but totally bombed with Superman............or maybe it was just the fact that it was Superman:D .........

I thought that The Hulk CGI was great..............the movie, not so great........

I know I am in a minority here..........but I thought the 2005 Fantastic Four movie was decent..........definately not my favorite Marvel movie, but not the worst *cough*Electra*cough*...............I think the Thing shoulda been done CGI a la Hulk................

And the 1994 movie of the Fantastic Four..............you are not allowed to count...............no marvel movie prior to Ramey's Spider-Man and Singer's X-Men counts as an actual movie.............more like an after school special. If you count them, then you gotta count Star Wars Episode I, II and III as movies as well.............oh and you gotta count Batman 3 and 4 also............there are five great movies for ya.........

Back