silver surfer comiquette!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These new pics are starting to make me happier that I kept it also.
Hopefully the exclusive print is good. Anyone know what the size of the print is?

Really not a great piece.on par with namor imo.not tony c's best work.

Received mine today, I really like it. I understand where people are coming from with the seam on the head but with normal lighting in person it is not that noticable. That's why I like the painted silver too because small shadows really show off the detail where chrome without good lighting can sometimes make it look like a surfing trophy. If you display it a little below eye level you really don't see the seams at all even from the side.
Man, you just had to take some decent pictures of this!! With Sideshow's Scarlet Witch, Bowen's SS, and other bills, coming, I canceled this, but after seeing your pics, I'm really tempted to pick it up again!!:gah:

Does anyone know of a cheaper place to buy him?

Received mine today, I really like it. I understand where people are coming from with the seam on the head but with normal lighting in person it is not that noticable. That's why I like the painted silver too because small shadows really show off the detail where chrome without good lighting can sometimes make it look like a surfing trophy. If you display it a little below eye level you really don't see the seams at all even from the side.
Your right.....displayed just below eye level and the seams are gone.
Not just this statue but there are other statues that look better just below eye level.Thor Pf for example.....I like this piece and feel that there will not be another one this size released for a very long time.
Congratulations .

Really not a great piece.on par with namor imo.not tony c's best work.

Yeah, I'm just NOT a fan of Tony's SS work. The poses are OK, but the faces are horrible IMHO. Abomination looks like a Gremlin on roids and the Namor and Surfer faces just don't cut it. The only piece of Tony's work I have in my collection and LOVE is the Batman black and white Risso statue. I just hope the Gore group or Pablo do the Olivetti Hulk and Spidey. I'll be really pissed if SS messes those 2 pieces up!

Man, you just had to take some decent pictures of this!! With Sideshow's Scarlet Witch, Bowen's SS, and other bills, coming, I canceled this, but after seeing your pics, I'm really tempted to pick it up again!!:gah:

Does anyone know of a cheaper place to buy him?

Ebay and Bigbadtoystore.com

Both have it for around $300.
Saw one on ebay for $299 free shipping.

yeah, just think of venom when everyone was cancelling him also and he went up for SC briefly. now look at what's happening to him:thud:

I actually bought the Dr Doom exclusive on second chance or it had not sold out yet after they started shipping him, just saying.

Still not feeling it...at all.

However, I hope that those individuals who purchased this are satisfied. Nothing sucks worse than buyer's remorse.

I've seen bad paint jobs butcher statues too. Unfortunately, I'm not a painter, nor am I inclined to pay hundreds of dollars to hire someone to do it either. In essence, the bad paint job kills it for me and I simply move on to the next piece.

The company featured most in my collection is Bowen. While I'm generally pleased with the BD pieces I own (there are numerous poor paint apps in the mix), I am also thankful (and disappointed) for the pieces I passed on due to poor paint apps too. It's at a point where I rarely preorder anymore because I feel a need to see the piece first before committing. It doesn't help that I could probably buy the piece on eBay for half retail soon after release. However, I do agree that BD generally has a good handle on its choice of poses. Although, I must admit, the repetitive poses haven't exactly been scoring big with me lately.

Perhaps I've just been lucky with Sideshow as I've been thoroughly pleased with every piece I've purchased. While not a huge collection, especially when compared to BD, it certainly has been enough to restore more confidence in the hobby for me.

I do understand your stance. It is VERY expensive to repaint a statue if you are not happy with the paint job. Most people will pass on a piece with paint imperfections. I usually do myself!

However, I have bought a killer statue with a bad paint job or color scheme and had them repainted. It doesn't happen often, but it is in the realm of possibilty for me if I LOVE the sculpt and character.

I will NEVER buy a weak sculpt and hope a new paint job will make it look better. That is something i will not sink my $$$ into. In the end, we all buy pieces based on our personal tastes.

My money has also been going more to SS of late. That is mainly because I have most of the Bowen marvel characters I like already. Since I only collect comiquettes from SS, there is A LOT of marvel pieces I still NEED for my SS collection! Unfortunately, the Surfer comiquette is one of the pieces I badly NEEDED and will not buy based on what I think is a poor sculpt.

Just got mine in today. I really like him, and one of the coolest looking things about the statue strangely enough are the "cosmic rays" coming from of the board there really different. Here are a couple of pics.

DSC02696.jpg

DSC02695.jpg

DSC02694.jpg

If anyone's interested here he is next to the Galactus lsb SS.
DSC02697.jpg

Just saw SMC100 pics got to say the more pics i see the more i like it. I should have it soon. I respect other peoples point of view but the more i come to the boards the more i notice once a thread becomes negative it just keeps feed off other negative comments. Not every piece is not going to be a home run, but if it gives you pleasure and you like well its done its job.

Great pics, glad I didn't cancel! Almost influenced by the first few pics. The SS backstage pass is what kept my hopes alive.

Just saw SMC100 pics got to say the more pics i see the more i like it. I should have it soon. I respect other peoples point of view but the more i come to the boards the more i notice once a thread becomes negative it just keeps feed off other negative comments. Not every piece is not going to be a home run, but if it gives you pleasure and you like well its done its job.

Kinda sounds like you are trying to justify your purchase. No need to do that, if you like this statue then who cares what anyone else thinks.

I think we understand that not every piece is going to be a home run, but if you plan on spending $300+ on a piece you better really like it. I don't blame folks for being cautious with their cash. IMHO nobody wants to spend $300 on a piece that two months from now you view as "ok" or "average".

Back