SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.

That is impressive on so many levels, but I think I'm most impressed by how perfectly you matched the Leonidas body's skin tone on the sculpt...amazing! :bow

Thanks. I think I need to credit devine intervention sometimes when I see how well things like that turn out.:)

Amazing work Nathan, as always!:clap

Only 2 things bother me and they have nothing to do with your masterful work or Beto's: 1.- The sideshow chainsaw is not accurate. Should've gone with Beto's and 2.- You've done such an amazing work that the Sideshow clothes are not up to the standard of the paint work, headsculpt and HT body. Especially those pants. They need to be replaced.

Sorry if I seem too direct with what I think, but this perfect paint job, headsculpt and body deserve those other things to be improved. Might as well go all the way to reach perfection, IMO.

Last edited:
Funny you should address the clothes. The pants are the Sideshow pants, and I didn't look for replacements. As it is, they barely fit this figure body. I had to wet and stretch them, and even then, there is still a wire around his waste under the belt keeping them from popping open.

The shirt was a replacement and is pretty nice, I thought. The Sideshow version was the medieval shirt and didn't work with this version. This shirt was more proper, but I still needed to move the chest pocket to the other side.

Just to echo others' sentiments, I'm really excited to get my Ash put together after seeing those pictures. I just need to scrounge up enough extra cash to get a muscle body on eBay and I'll have all the necessary pieces. Ugh, why can't Hot Toys just sell them?

This Mal headsculpt was painted for the 1/6 Malcolm Reynolds for Nathan Fillion project featured in the Whedonville section.

MalRaw.jpg

Cupping his junk.
MalCuppingHisJunk.jpg

I matched the head paint to the hands and feet that came with the body which were a slightly different tone. I figured that made more sense, although I will be building him up with the gloves on. The hands will be included though.

This shot brings out the warmer tones.
Mal.jpg

MalLookingDown.jpg

MalLookingUp.jpg

This Mal headsculpt was painted for the 1/6 Malcolm Reynolds for Nathan Fillion project featured in the Whedonville section.

MalRaw.jpg

Cupping his junk.
MalCuppingHisJunk.jpg

I matched the head paint to the hands and feet that came with the body which were a slightly different tone. I figured that made more sense, although I will be building him up with the gloves on. The hands will be included though.

This shot brings out the warmer tones.
Mal.jpg

MalLookingDown.jpg

MalLookingUp.jpg

Gorgeous stuff as usual!

that's amazing nathan.
just amazing.
i can't believe how good you are at eyes.
I keep looking at the ones you painted for me and then my own painted sculpts and feeling bad about myself haha.

thanks again for those btw, they are the ones I show off to people the most :)

that's amazing nathan.
just amazing.
i can't believe how good you are at eyes.
I keep looking at the ones you painted for me and then my own painted sculpts and feeling bad about myself haha.

thanks again for those btw, they are the ones I show off to people the most :)

Thanks Daniel. Keep up the great sculpting. I look forward to painting some more of your stuff.

Thanks a lot to all of you. In a way, this sort of is a team up, but for a specific purpose. I'm glad everyone thinks I did a good job. That makes me confident that Nathan Fillion might really appreciate having it.

Wait...

...what?

:thud:

:eek:

Sorry, I don't go to Whedonville with the exception of my Subscription to the Trevor's Firefly Sculpts thread... which I'm a bit behind in.

Very cool though. Very very cool.

Thanks for the link, I can't wait to hear about his reaction!

Back