SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you guys very much for the very high praise. I'm happy you all love him.

Here's a peak at something else I did for Sideshow that was just featured in today's 12 Days of Sideshow kickoff. I painted the Bith and all the instruments for the official prototypes. Intense, but very fun project. Loved doing this one.

GIVING CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE: The figures and instruments in this actual shot were done by one of Sideshow's very talented in-house artists for the 2011 calendar.
day_0.jpg

I can't wait to see a full reveal of them with my set.

Last edited:
Great work Nathan! I have no idea what a Bith is but I'm sure its great!

Merry Christmas!

I wasn't sure either until I painted them. The Bith are the race of aliens that form the Canitna Band in A New Hope.

Last edited:
I just recently got some interest in the old Slave Leia PF paint touch up I did in early '09.

Here's the PF I got.
Eyes1.jpg

I did a touch up on hair and eyes for myself and then for a few other Freaks. I've gotten a lot better at eyes in the last year, so I re-redid the eyes on mine and thought I'd post them here. In the following photos, I repainted the eyes, eyebrows, lips, and highlighted the hair using browns and golds. I thought the flesh tone and costume were excellent already and in no need of improvement. Enjoy.

SlaveLeiaEyes.jpg

SlaveLeiaFullBody.jpg

SlaveLeiaAttitude.jpg

SlaveLeiaBust.jpg

SlaveLeiaCloseUp.jpg

WOW!

Talk about saving a sculpt! I would LOVE to see you repaint a Jack Sparrow premium format.

Crazy how such a killer sculpt can be totally wasted by a shat paint app.

Someone get this man a Jack Sparrow PF! STAT!!!

Thanks guys. Those are some of my favorite big brown eyes.

Jack Sparrow: I personally thought the production Jack looked pretty good. My Aunt does also have Sparrow, so a paint enhancement on that might come up some time in 2011, after I get through some other stuff.

Nice! 2 for 2 on the 12 Days list. I was trying to figure out what new Joe was being shown here, and it took me a few moments to realize I was looking at the reflection in the visor of the real teaser. Geez, if it had been a snake (lets say a Viper) it would have bit me. Can't wait for the full reveal.

day_1.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I just recently got some interest in the old Slave Leia PF paint touch up I did in early '09.

Here's the PF I got.
Eyes1.jpg

I did a touch up on hair and eyes for myself and then for a few other Freaks. I've gotten a lot better at eyes in the last year, so I re-redid the eyes on mine and thought I'd post them here. In the following photos, I repainted the eyes, eyebrows, lips, and highlighted the hair using browns and golds. I thought the flesh tone and costume were excellent already and in no need of improvement. Enjoy.

SlaveLeiaEyes.jpg

SlaveLeiaFullBody.jpg

SlaveLeiaAttitude.jpg

SlaveLeiaBust.jpg

SlaveLeiaCloseUp.jpg

Just love your style! You're the best of the best !

Last edited:
SlaveLeiaCloseUp.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nathan love what you did with the princess. Its is almost night and day. My only critique would be to make her eye brows a bit more of a brown color. Other then that you knocked her out of the park.

Thanks, Josh. I agree that they look a bit bright, in that shot especially. And I appreciate the constructive feedback. In person, and seen in the original scale, the eyebrows do look proper; deeper, darker brown. Odd how they kinda orange-up in the pics though. Conversely, the hair seems to be a bit darker in those pics. Odd. Strange what photos, especially macro photos sometimes reveal.

do you do commissions?

I love to accept commissions. I have quite a list of waiting projects at the moment, but PM for more details.

Back