SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OrderPage-1.jpg

ExclusiveOrderPage.jpg

Congrats bro!!!:hi5:

I totally understand the concern over prototype vs production quality, and as a collector I can empathize. I certainly appreciate the enthusiasm over the subject. Heck, if it weren't for that difference I never would have started customizing only to eventually end up as a prototype painter myself. But when you understand that it's really the difference between an artist's passion vs a factory employee or machine, you start to accept it for what it is.

I'll tell you this, too. Sideshow's design team members pay regular visits to China now, and the production quality is getting much, much closer to the prototypes. I am personally extremely impressed with the way the Gandalf the Grey PF production quality came out. I had to buy it because it looked so good. I wouldn't dream of repainting that one. It's amazing. I've also seen prototypes next to production samples lately, and I honestly have to ask which is which sometimes.

I am personally extremely impressed with the way the Gandalf the Grey PF production quality came out.

If production pieces start coming as high quality as Gandalf I will never complain about a Sideshow product again. He has to be seen in person to really understand just how great he came out.

This one was a little tricky because I haven't done too many black protraits (this is only the fourth after Mace Windu, Jules, and Zoe) and the movie was so washed out because the atmosphere is supposed to be different post-rapture. So I went with something between real Denzel and screen Eli.

Eli - sculpted by Sunohc

Eli01.jpg

And if you catch the light just right, you can see that his eyes even have a bit of that cataract look you only see at the very end of the movie when you learn that he is partially blind from the "Big Flash" as he recites the Bible by memory starting with Genesis 1:1.

Eli02.jpg

Here's a leftover from my old model kit building days, but since Mattel did 1/6 Ghostbusters, I figure some people in the customs area might really dig this.

I don't remember who made this kit, but I bought a white resin version back in the day and painted it up. I had all these grandiose plans to make a whole hotel hallway diorama with Slimer coming through a wall, but I never got around to it. But I came across the painted model again today as I was digging through stuff and took some pics for my eBay auction where I'm selling the exact same kit cast in a translucent green resin.

Slimer1.jpg

Slimer3.jpg

Slimer2.jpg

If you want the one below, go bid on it here: https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330505207406
SlimerTranslucent.jpg

This one was a little tricky because I haven't done too many black protraits (this is only the fourth after Mace Windu, Jules, and Zoe) and the movie was so washed out because the atmosphere is supposed to be different post-rapture. So I went with something between real Denzel and screen Eli.

Eli - sculpted by Sunohc

Eli01.jpg

And if you catch the light just right, you can see that his eyes even have a bit of that cataract look you only see at the very end of the movie when you learn that he is partially blind from the "Big Flash" as he recites the Bible by memory starting with Genesis 1:1.

Eli02.jpg

I know this sculpt was a bit tricky to pull off. Especially the eyes because they are positioned at a weird angle but you pulled it off nicely Nathan. Best Denzel i have seen. :clap

Nate that Denzel and Slimer are legendary!!! Sorry I haven't gotten back to you with the spartacus pics. Just wanted to wait till I had the $$$ in hand before I hit you up since I know your real busy.

Back