SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to taking new pics of this H2 Creative replacement head for the HT BD T-800 figure. I painted this back on New Years Eve '06/'07. No, I'm not some loser with nothing to do on New Years; my fiance (now wife) was sick that night, so I painted while she slept.

Anyway, here it is, and you can now find it on eBay along with an Endoskeleton I'm selling with it:
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330480380417&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Face3quarterRight.jpg

FaceFront.jpg

Face3quarterLeft.jpg

FaceLeft.jpg

SidebySideBust.jpg

SidebyFrontSide.jpg

That Terminator looks really good... I've never been a big fan of that sculpt, but you really wrung out every ounce of likeness.

That's actually an LED light in there. Sick. Good luck with the auction.

A couple of quick paint ups of Sunohc headsculpts.

Bruce Willis as John McClain
Front-1.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

Ed Norton from Fight Club
Front-2.jpg

Right-1.jpg

HairLine.jpg

I painted six heads in all in this batch; two neckless Ed Norton heads, two neckless Bruce Willis heads, and two Willis with necks. One Willis with neck is going back to Sunohc. The others are For Sale. PM me if interested. First come, first served.

pm sent,

dang
you've really perfected the eyes.
that's incredibly amazing how you did them and I know from experience out hard it is to actually get them to look like that.
the hairline's fantastic and the skin texturing/blotting is really well done as well.

i really want that norton one too now :) hahahaha

The eyes look like you hallowed out the sculpt and added glass balls inside Nathan, just amazing.

Thanks everybody. Yes, I like to take pride in my eyes. That's always the first thing I look at when I look at a figure. If there is no life in the eyes, it's just a toy. And I figure if they look good in macro photography, they'll look great in person. It sure did test my patience doing six sets of eyes all in one shot, too. I use 8 different steps to create them. And some steps require multiple layers.

Unfortunately, I don't think the macro photography made the skin look as good as it does in person. The blotting effect stands out too much in those pics to me. Looks better in person. That is a technique I've been trying on some translucent heads, and it seems to come off better with those. I think the white resin base on these is pushing it too forward when the camera picks up the light hitting it. But again, they look better in person, so if you like these pics, you'll be very pleased if you end up with one of them.

No, I didn't paint that one. Saw it in person though. It brings Sideshow's 1/6 game to a whole new level. Be sure that the Joe line is alive and well and looking very, very good. The planned release rate is about 1 per quarter, but the wait is going to be worth it.

repaint_11.jpg

repaint_12.jpg

repaint_13.jpg

repaint_14.jpg

repaint_15.jpg

repaint_16.jpg

repaint_17.jpg

repaint_18.jpg

repaint_19.jpg

this is a SilentSurfer repaint.
it looks like P2 came right from screen. everybody who i show it just admire it.
but...
SilentSurfer, what made you avoid sanding under paint and covering it after?
this brilliant repaint just falls off from a lightest scratch.

Last edited:
That is the best P2 repaint I have seen and I have seen a gang of them, looks awesome man, congratz.... Awesome work Silent...

Thanks, Stag.

Holy Crap, P., those pics are so awesome, and thank you so much for posting those in here. :horror I love it. I also love seeing it next to, and in scale with, the P1. Amazing to see that dream realized even if it's owned by somebody else.

And you have the perfect bio for him too. Just be careful of my paint when you take it on and off.

I am super jealous of that damn Predator. :pfft: I so wish I had painted that for myself, but at least I have great pics to look at.

Nice custom details you added like the bone straps across his chest. I'm glad that paint job went to somebody who loves Predator 2 so much.

:hi5:

Back