SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like these bio mask stands in this pic.

repaint_09.jpg

Nice custom details you added like the bone straps across his chest. I'm glad that paint job went to somebody who loves Predator 2 so much.
thank you very much. i just added the trophy belt from Guardian predator (removing some biggest skulls) because it looks a lot more like what P2 had in the movie.

and so, SilentSurfer, i have an important question.
as the paint doesn't keep on the figure like it does on original figures, i'm going to cover it with some lacquer.
my friend will help me to choose it, but i must know what paintings you used. not to spoil your painting.
please name me the trademarks of what you used. please PM me if it is a secret.

I also love seeing it next to, and in scale with, the P1
i made all my preds to be in one scale.
but for other preds i just modified the bodies... and P2 original HT body was a piece of CRAP in painting, so there was no way to just modify it. i needed that repaint.

Last edited:
The Willis paint is sensational !
The sculpt was already freakin' good but with the paint it becames speechless.

as the paint doesn't keep on the figure like it does on original figures, i'm going to cover it with some lacquer.
please name me the trademarks of what you used. please PM me if it is a secret.

I used FolkArt craft paints and Com-Art Airbrush paints. The Primer is Testors/Model Master. The top coats are FolkArt Gloss, SaveTee from Coast Airbrush, or brush-on Model Master High Gloss.

Please be aware that spraying any gloss from a can over vinyl/plastic material such as the head, hands, and feet will leave the surface tacky. In my experience, the only way to gloss without it remaining sticky indefinitely is to use a brush on gloss. Don't ask me why. I have no idea. The body is hard plastic though, so spraying is fine on that.

thanks for the tip very much. i don't have a sprayer anyway, so it's for my good :)

p.s. i still don't understand how you managed to paint his crown and cheeks in that way. colors in those areas look like real skin colors going one under another. so natural. the best parts may be. my favourite at least.

repaint_18.jpg

Last edited:
Silentsurfer, do you use an airbrush? Just wondering, the way the stripes melt tpgether on the P2's head make it look that way :)

Yes, I do airbrush, and that is how I make it look so lifelike. Airbrush plus translucent paints plus layering equals magic. I've gotten so comfortable with my Iwata airbrush that I rarely need to pic up regular brushes anymore. It's taken a long time and daily practice to get the right feel for it though. In fact, I make fewer mistakes now when I don't try as hard to be precise. If I just trust my hands and my eyes to communicate and don't over think it, things just paint themselves.

Excellent work as usual Nathan. Are those latest pics a P1 that you painted into the P2?

Listen up you primative screwheads! SilentSurfer's got a couple commissions coming up in honor of Halloween. BTW, you've got red on you.

You know who you are.

Listen up you primative screwheads! SilentSurfer's got a couple commissions coming up in honor of Halloween. BTW, you've got red on you.

You know who you are.

I can guess what they are . . .

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/h1BXs48X8u8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/h1BXs48X8u8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I was going to just finish this Ash custom and post it, but I thought it might be more fun to show the work in progress. Here you go, CyberVillain. Hopefully you'll have this before Halloween.
The parts not including the holster I still haven't received from Beto.
PartsfortheProject.jpg

Unfortunately, Cyber, you're not going to be able to salvage these feet for eBay. They attach to the body differently than regular Truetype feet and the boots have no feet in them. These also won't fit in the boots, so I'm going to have to grind the hell out of them to get at least the ankle socket into the boots so they will go on the body properly. Somehow I think that's probably okay with you though.
Feet-1.jpg

Paint matching this is going to be a challenge. Thankfully the Ash cast is in translucent flesh. This is doable. I'd have my doubts if it were white resin. Nice job on that, Beto.
Heads-1.jpg

I really love this sculpt, too. It's well done and well cast. It's a bit of a characature rather than a 100% serious portrait, but the Ash character is somewhat of a characature himself, so this totally works, especially since it will be on the idealized Leonidas body.
BetoHead.jpg

2 many necks.
TooManyNecks.jpg

Some fancy Dremel action later. "Groovey"
NeckMod.jpg

Damn you Cyber. I'm going to be so jealous of this figure when it's done. I hate you. I hate you. I'd give MY right hand for this figure.
FittedHeadProfile.jpg

This is going to be EPIC!!!
FittedHeadFront.jpg

Last edited:
Back