Sidius/Palpatine 2-pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh pix, what are we going to do with you and Wor-Gar, I think a hose is called for haha.

I love the paint jobs from SS and many of you do awesome paints as well, but I have to confess I almost always prefer the nekkid sculpt! There will be nekkid sculpts posted soon...probably on the production blog first. They deserve the opp before I put it up on my website...woefully behind on my updates!:eek:

I can't beleive I missed the release of this yesterday!:monkey4 I sculpted both portraits...the Palpatine and the Sidius. Truly the funnest sculpts in a long time! I'm enjoying everyone's comments. I can hardly wait for these to show up at my door!!!!!!

When I get a little pause in the studio, I will send some images over to Brant to post in the Production Blog.:D

Cheers!
Oluf:emperor:emperor:emperor

:bow :emperor :bow

Oluf, your work is stunning....looking forward to seeing the "Sidious" head revealed.

I really like the expression on Palpatines' face...with the red outfit. He'll look great posed with Anakin...

"In order to become as wise leader one must learn all aspects of the force...not just the dogmatic view of the Jedi"

"You're the Sith!"

and the Sidious looks like... "At last the Sith shall rule the galaxy...and we shall have peace."

I do have to chuckle a bit about everyone worrying about availability and edition size....as cool as these Sideshow versions are looking, I'm just remembering the endless shelves of Emperors and later Darth Sidious 12" figures of hasbros that cluttered and sat there....in fact, my local KB still has the ROTS Sidious in stock!
Granted, it's apples and oranges (the differences in quality between Hasbro and Sideshow), but other than the very vocal core around here of dark side disciples/fans, I don't think getting this set is going to be a problem (the exclusive should go pretty quick though).

I love the paint jobs from SS and many of you do awesome paints as well, but I have to confess I almost always prefer the nekkid sculpt! There will be nekkid sculpts posted soon...probably on the production blog first. They deserve the opp before I put it up on my website...woefully behind on my updates!:eek:

Totally with you there, can't wait to see your sculpts, I love the behind the scenes stuff, I was just giving pix a hard time via a little inside joke of the Freaks, Wor-Gar likes to take nudie pictures of his Star Wars figures to give us all a laugh.

Thanks, everyone for the comments! I always enjoy reading them!

I need to get back to a couple of projects burning holes in my bench :D...I'll check in later.

Cheers!
Oluf

PS Hummor is always healthy!:rotfl

Thanks for taking the time to share with us Oluf, look forward to more from you on this piece, and hope some of the work you're getting back to is more 1/6 figures we can enjoy :D

Can't wait to pre-order the Puppet Master, and see those gallery pics. IMO I think the "2 pk" will have no special packaging, just like the regular releases, and that they will just ship together, ala the Endor Strike bundle.

I'm really curious as to what the exclusive could be? so many possibilitys. I would be surprised if they didn't come with two exclusives.

I think it will have special packaging. The Endor Troops were never marketed as a 3 pack, the 3 of them together was called a bundle, and since you got them bundled together, that's how it worked. This is defined as a 2-pack, so I think it'll be one package. My guess is, depending on accessores or lack of, they just do a deep version of the current package design with one figure in the standard slot and the other where the accessories normally.

I totally disagree. I think it'll be a similar packaging as what we've seen but it will fold out like this:

Palp Accessories - Palp Figure - Sidious Figure - Sidious Accessories

as opposed to what we currently have:

Accessories - Figure

Thats how I hope they do it. But really its just a box. :eek:

The Emperor is my favorite character in the whole thing. I'll definitely get him. I don't think the human/non-Sidius head is pale enough but screw it, it's the MAN (and he doesn't have enough merch out there for him). I might even do a gallery of him... We'll see.

Back