Sidius/Palpatine 2-pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most excellent!

Good thing I snagged an extra GG Royal Guard to pair up with Sidious. That is going to be one awesome display with them guarding him.

This is the Palpatine figure I wanted since the beginning, and I'm gettin' him:

movie4_bg.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock

The Hasbro ROTS sculpt looks great from some angles and in certain lighting, the problem is there are few scenarios when this occurs. Even with a great repaint, he just looks more stoned giggly smiley, not Palpatine's "you cannot defeat me weakling" smirk he has. This pack is going to be fantastic, can't wait to see how the Sidious sculpt looks.

This is the Palpatine figure I wanted since the beginning, and I'm gettin' him:

movie4_bg.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock

I can't wait to do images of the Mace Duel and Vader Christening, it's going to be so much fun.

"Henceforth you shall be known as Darth.....Vader. Riiiiisssssseeeee...."

Why should this Palpatine two pack be inclusive? A lot of the recent SW 12" exclusives resurfaced as a SECOND CHANCE, shortly after they began to ship. I like the exclusives! I like low edition numbers!
Palpatine looks very good, but the Emperor is a much more important character to me. I hope the deformed Emperor leans more towards RotJ than to RotS. Will he come with his cane?

Why should this Palpatine two pack be inclusive? A lot of the recent SW 12" exclusives resurfaced as a SECOND CHANCE, shortly after they began to ship. I like the exclusives! I like low edition numbers!
Palpatine looks very good, but the Emperor is a much more important character to me. I hope the deformed Emperor leans more towards RotJ than to RotS. Will he come with his cane?

Looking at the pic it looks like the deformed one will be ROTS and not ROTJ.

First of all, it's not inclusive, since there's a PPO date announced, it's and exclusive version with limited edition.

Secondly, the Sidious looks to be the Yoda Duel costume, based on the hood and the collar seen in lightened images of the promo shot, so no cane, and likely no Sith robe.

This Emperor will be PT with the OT one arriving with his throne next year in time for SDCC:emperor... Just a thought---

Regarding the whole Inclusive vs. Exclusive thing....

My feelings are that Sideshow has changed the way they are doing these releases. I think the old Inclusive system might be dead except for the really big ones (ie Vader). It seems like they set the exclusive at X and the regular edition size is X + however many orders come in till they decide to cut it off.

Does that make sense? I really think Sideshow is bagging the inclusive idea.

:dunno

I just hope that since the 1:6 figs were ROTS Palps that we get a ROTJ PF Palps soon!

I think Inclusive Editions are good for the collector but bad for the company. It allows everyone that wants it to get it, but at the same time, that combined with their lack of cancellation fees kinda opens the door for everyone to just throw in and order almost care free, but then when time comes to pay up, many back out because they're finally forced to think rationally. With Exclusives, it's competitive and the limited edition and what not filters the buyers down to those who truly want it and even leaves people wanting one that don't get one and Wait List and those are fulfilled later. As a business, Exclusive versions probably favor Sideshow with not being stuck with a warehouse full of items. Maul Inclusive took a good while to sell out after the fact.

Well, they didn't cut a deal for the Endor Strike Force bundle so I doubt they will for this one either. It will be either $110 (55 each) or $120 (60 each.)

Didn't SS include a $25 gift card or something, if you purchased the Endor Triplets from them? That's not such a bad deal, in my book.

Now I'm hoping for a decent price on these. $150.00 is ridiculous. That would put them at $75 each. What number of extra little items could these two come with?? It's not like they are coming on a new HT body with pots & pans and sausage links... :rolleyes:

:monkey5

I just hope that since the 1:6 figs were ROTS Palps that we get a ROTJ PF Palps soon!

I wouldn't count on one to be announce til probably SDCC 2008 or later, but hopefully/possibly sometime within 2008 it'll be announced. I'm hoping he follows Luke suit for a while and get a nice one each year. Granted these two and ROTJ Palps are the most must have, I think his costume from AOTC and TPM would make for interesting figures.

I think Inclusive Editions are good for the collector but bad for the company. It allows everyone that wants it to get it, but at the same time, that combined with their lack of cancellation fees kinda opens the door for everyone to just throw in and order almost care free, but then when time comes to pay up, many back out because they're finally forced to think rationally. With Exclusives, it's competitive and the limited edition and what not filters the buyers down to those who truly want it and even leaves people wanting one that don't get one and Wait List and those are fulfilled later. As a business, Exclusive versions probably favor Sideshow with not being stuck with a warehouse full of items. Maul Inclusive took a good while to sell out after the fact.

Which is precisely why I think the Inclusive idea is D E A D. :rip

First of all, it's not inclusive, since there's a PPO date announced, it's and exclusive version with limited edition.

Secondly, the Sidious looks to be the Yoda Duel costume, based on the hood and the collar seen in lightened images of the promo shot, so no cane, and likely no Sith robe.

I know it's an exclusive. But some people in this thread where saying that it should be inclusive. And I was just pointing out that there was no reason to go the inclusive route, and that SSC made the right choice going the exclusive route. Understand?

Yes, It's likely to be the RotS Emperor... But I can hope, can't I? I'd prefer a RotJ Emperor... Maybe next year?

Back