Sidius/Palpatine 2-pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow is AWESOME!!!

I slept through the PPO and missed out on the exclusive, today I see that Sideshow has canceled my regular order and upgraded it to an exclusive:rock :rock :rock

SIDESHOW:bow :bow :bow

awesome set. received mine and darth sideous' light saber and un-lit saber handle were floating in the box. fortunately they weren't damaged. :D

My exclusive finally shipped from Sideshow. I'm actually kind of glad that I got the exclusive, since the statue looks a little nicer (and bigger) than I had originally thought.

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE the Palpatine figure! I think his outfit is my favorite in the entire SW line, it's so perfect. From a costuming point of view, it's excellent. I would have made the inner tunic longer, however--those pants should be hidden, giving it a full robe-like effect. Having it cut off to reveal the pants affects its comparison to the film robes. So, I brought the obi* out and put it over the two long tabbards. While inaccurate, it works better at this scale since Palpatine needs to have that inner length underneath his outer cloak. If they had not made his inner tunic short, I wouldn't have to do that. Too bad they did, though I fully understand why. :cool:

*the correct costuming word for this article of clothing is NOT, as many have been claiming, a cummerbund. It is a Japanese sash called (ironically enough) an obi, which is worn over the kimono, exactly like the Jedi wear. I hope we can start to use the correct terminology, as I've been losing my mind hearing people calling it a cummerbund. The Jedi robes are essentially kimonos, and that sash which is tied around is indeed called an obi. Thanks for listening. :D

My regular edition arrived today, and I'm very pleased with the set.

Just a warning, though, Sidious' undergown left a little bit of staining on the body.
You might want to rinse it and set the dye if you want to keep the problem from spreading (or starting).

Otherwise, killer set. Glad I went ahead and bought them.

Back