Sidius/Palpatine 2-pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could see it perhaps being the statue he has in his office where he hides his lightsaber before the Mace Duel. (did I already post that here or at RS).

I could see it perhaps being the statue he has in his office where he hides his lightsaber before the Mace Duel. (did I already post that here or at RS).

Is that in the novel or EU or something? I only remember Palps pulling it from under his sleeve. I know there are plenty of statues on his desks, but not the lightsaber hiding spots.

Is that in the novel or EU or something? I only remember Palps pulling it from under his sleeve. I know there are plenty of statues on his desks, but not the lightsaber hiding spots.

Its in the novelization of ROTS. He force pulls it from the statue before Mace and posse arrive. Its a cool part of the book. He does it very slowly and relishes every second.

I want the wall sculture showing a big Jedi Sith War
600px-Palp-frieze1.JPG

I suppose his chair or a similar environment type thing could be a expansion pack for him.

The chair only fits with ROTJ Sidious though. The chair on Grievous' ship looks similar but he's not wearing that outfit. So either way, I doubt a chair will be offered on Friday.

Not sure what else they could offer with him for an "expansion pack".

I was thinking maybe they were saving Friday for a new PF or something else possibily from another line. There's lots of talk about the next LOTR PF. Although Friday's generally are reserved for SW.

I guess we'll all know by next Thursday.

Wow, so that makes 3 scenarios for Palps to draw saber in ROTS.

1 Novel- Force draws it from a statue.

2 Film- Original script and shooting has Anakin with Palpatine at time of arrest and Palps uses Anakin's saber.

3 Film- Final cut, Palps draws from within his robes.

Wow, so that makes 3 scenarios for Palps to draw saber in ROTS.

1 Novel- Force draws it from a statue.

2 Film- Original script and shooting has Anakin with Palpatine at time of arrest and Palps uses Anakin's saber.

3 Film- Final cut, Palps draws from within his robes.

Sort of right. In the book both 1 & 3 happen.

Its in the novelization of ROTS. He force pulls it from the statue before Mace and posse arrive. Its a cool part of the book. He does it very slowly and relishes every second.

I prefer it up his sleeve.

Also in the scene where Anakin confronts him with his lightsaber drawn, you can see Sidious is twitching his right hand prolly preparing to pull out his own saber.

oh and how many were wishing Anakin would have done the right thing at that point and cut his head off?

But then Sidious would be... alone. No apprentice. Unless Asajj was really waiting in the wings somewhere.

All right, biyatch... your turn.

True, but in the end, Maul, Tyrannus and Vader were merely pawns in his power scheme; in the end, Palpatine is a very selfish character.

True, but in the end, Maul, Tyrannus and Vader were merely pawns in his power scheme; in the end, Palpatine is a very selfish character.

Yeah I think that's pretty much the whole point to being a Sith... absolute power and total domination of the universe. I don't think there's a single Darth that makes an annual charitable donation.

If Anakin drew on Sidious, he would have gotten killed worse than Obi-Wan hurt him.

Not to get into geek war, but I think Ankain could have taken him in a saber fight. But not if it came to using the Force.

Anakin lost to OB1 because he got too full of himself and his new powers at that point.

Not to get into geek war, but I think Ankain could have taken him in a saber fight. But not if it came to using the Force.

Anakin lost to OB1 because he got too full of himself and his new powers at that point.

Exactly why I think in the end, Palpatine would have smoked him. Anakin's arrogant about his power, and although he spoke of Palpatine as though he sensed great power in him, I still think he'd have been caught off guard by Palpatine's true power. Let's not forget Palpatine's already demonstrated power over Anakin at the time, mind control; he cries on the floor and gets Anakin to kill Mace Windu, I bet if Ani and Palps faught, he'd pull something like that to catch Anakin off balance and make his kill.

i wouldn't call it mind control... Anakin was serving his own needs by stopping Mace.

I always thought the whole Sith ideology was pretty ludicrous. The Master trains an Apprentice and teaches them how to kill the Master. If the Apprentice fails they are killed and the Master finds some other sorry S.O.B. to fit the bill until he trains one that is powerful enough to strike him down and take his place. Survival of the Fittest at its finest.

I always thought the whole Sith ideology was pretty ludicrous. The Master trains an Apprentice and teaches them how to kill the Master. If the Apprentice fails they are killed and the Master finds some other sorry S.O.B. to fit the bill until he trains one that is powerful enough to strike him down and take his place. Survival of the Fittest at its finest.

Put that way, it doesn't sound like a solid plan, does it?

Back