Sidius/Palpatine 2-pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
082307palpsid.jpg

"I can feel your anger...it gives you focus...makes you stronger."

Regarding the whole Inclusive vs. Exclusive thing....

My feelings are that Sideshow has changed the way they are doing these releases. I think the old Inclusive system might be dead except for the really big ones (ie Vader). It seems like they set the exclusive at X and the regular edition size is X + however many orders come in till they decide to cut it off.

Does that make sense? I really think Sideshow is bagging the inclusive idea.

:dunno

I don't think they'll bag it altogether. Like you said, I think they're just reserving it for figures like Vader or Clones and Stormtroopers...figures that everyone will want or army builders.

I know this 2 pack will be popular, but is anyone really afraid of missing out?

I don't think they'll bag it altogether. Like you said, I think they're just reserving it for figures like Vader or Clones and Stormtroopers...figures that everyone will want or army builders.

I am afraid of not being able to order it in the first 15 minutes so I can get it before anyone else who lives in Utah. :monkey3

I know it's an exclusive. But some people in this thread where saying that it should be inclusive. And I was just pointing out that there was no reason to go the inclusive route, and that SSC made the right choice going the exclusive route. Understand?

Yes, It's likely to be the RotS Emperor... But I can hope, can't I? I'd prefer a RotJ Emperor... Maybe next year?

Oh ok, sorry about that. I'm with you, I want ROTJ Sith Robed Palpatine more than anything, but if the head sculpt on this Sidious is good enough, I'll at least be comforted to know that a great ROTJ Palpatine is possible and not have to worry about wanting and wanting and getting let down.

As for sculpting on these figures, I have a theory about the artist. I think the head sculpts for these could be Tim Miller sculpts. Tim's done all of the alien characts, but for Maul, in this line so far (Kit, Bib, Plo) and recently Sideshow's used him for human sculpting on the T-1000 mini bust which looks great, and his style is similar to Trev and Andy. Given the great quality of his alien sculpts in this line, I can see Sideshow giving deformed Palps to him to carry on that great work on abnormal faces, and with his human sculpting talents proven, it would be fitting to have him do regular Palpatine as well to have the faces consistent so standing side by side, it would look just like Palpatine morphed into the Sidious head.

I think that barring any price issues that bother people, this pack will sell out pretty quickly. Palps is a popular character, we've never really had a quality figure of him done, even the Hasbro figures of him were some of their worst figures, and the costumes will be in this pack should be impressive 1/6 pieces. People had many gripes about ANH Leia yet she sold out incredibly fast, and I think Palps is poplular enough, coupled with being really nicely made figures and he'll get appeal.

I can't beleive I missed the release of this yesterday!:monkey4 I sculpted both portraits...the Palpatine and the Sidius. Truly the funnest sculpts in a long time! I'm enjoying everyone's comments. I can hardly wait for these to show up at my door!!!!!!

When I get a little pause in the studio, I will send some images over to Brant to post in the Production Blog.:D

Cheers!
Oluf:emperor:emperor:emperor

...I'm with you, I want ROTJ Sith Robed Palpatine more than anything, but if the head sculpt on this Sidious is good enough, I'll at least be comforted to know that a great ROTJ Palpatine is possible and not have to worry about wanting and wanting and getting let down.
I totally agree! Nothing as annoying as getting one of your favorite figures with a bad head sculpt, and as some may disagree, we've seen a few bad head sculpts in the SC line already. But we've also seen some great once too. I like to support the SSC artists and send them good feelings:peace, so that all future sculpts turn out FANTASTIC!!

I think that barring any price issues that bother people, this pack will sell out pretty quickly. Palps is a popular character, we've never really had a quality figure of him done, even the Hasbro figures of him were some of their worst figures, and the costumes will be in this pack should be impressive 1/6 pieces. People had many gripes about ANH Leia yet she sold out incredibly fast, and I think Palps is poplular enough, coupled with being really nicely made figures and he'll get appeal.

I know it will probably sell-out fast, but who's actually worried about not getting it?

With the exception of the Endor Troops, I have every 12" SW figure (inclusive and exclusive), I had no problem ordering any of them.

And great job, Oluf! :duff

I can't beleive I missed the release of this yesterday!:monkey4 I sculpted both portraits...the Palpatine and the Sidius. Truly the funnest sculpts in a long time! I'm enjoying everyone's comments. I can hardly wait for these to show up at my door!!!!!!

When I get a little pause in the studio, I will send some images over to Brant to post in the Production Blog.:D

Cheers!
Oluf:emperor:emperor:emperor

Well there we go, here is out answer folks. Oluf these sculpts look fantstic!

Indeed, and after owning Qui-Gon and Boromir, I know what the in hand sculpt quality is going to be, awesome.

Oluf rocks for these !!! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

I think it's safe to say, as long as Oluf, Andy, Tim or Trev sculpts the head, we'll be in for some real treats in this line. The real Fantastic Four!

When they asked me to sculpt these, I just about died!!!:monkey5 I couldn't beleive it! There are just some sculpts a sculptor dreams of sculpting some day and this is one I have wanted to do for years (decades?). This was one of those rare opps that I could never pass up.

I hope everyone is pleased!:emperor:emperor

Great job Oluf! :clap :clap :clap

I hope SS posts pics of the nekkid head sculpt. I like looking at nekkid head sculpts. :naughty

When they asked me to sculpt these, I just about died!!!:monkey5 I couldn't beleive it! There are just some sculpts a sculptor dreams of sculpting some day and this is one I have wanted to do for years (decades?). This was one of those rare opps that I could never pass up.

I hope everyone is pleased!:emperor:emperor

I am more than please. First, you give me a beautifully sculpted Ray Park head for 1/6 Darth Maul, and is if that weren't enought, you sculpt me a fabulous Ray Park head for PF Darth Maul, and now you give me another highly sought after figure equally beautifully sculpted. Keep up the awesome work.

Just curious, if you can share with us, is the Sidious head heavily representative of McDiarmid's fuller face in ROTS, or did you try to blend ROTS with ROTJ?

Back