Sidius/Palpatine 2-pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think both sculpts are brilliant. One(two) to add to the collection.

The only downside for me is, Sideshow releasing them as a two pack. I'm not sure this is the way forward. I could understand a 3PO and R2-D2 two pack, but not two figures who are the same character in a 2 pack.

I would have liked to see them released seperatly, or even with changable heads, like they did with Ventress, but to release a 2 pack for this character, I think Sideshow are taking the piss a little. It's not as if most of us would have passed up of either of them.

The only downside for me is, Sideshow releasing them as a two pack. I'm not sure this is the way forward. I could understand a 3PO and R2-D2 two pack, but not two figures who are the same character in a 2 pack.

I would have liked to see them released seperatly, or even with changable heads, like they did with Ventress, but to release a 2 pack for this character, I think Sideshow are taking the piss a little. It's not as if most of us would have passed up of either of them.

Not sure I agree with that. This is a perfect 2-pack, its basically the same guy but one has had a dose of force lightining and a quick clothing change. And as you rightly said, most of us would buy both if they were released seperately so it seems logical to release them as a 2-pack, especially if we get a little bit of money off compared with 2 seperate releases.

I think the likeness on both (from what we can tell on sidious) is great!!! No complaints here!

I can't see how some people are complaining about them???

as far as the 2 pack deal... depending on the time of the release Palps would definetly suffer. Maybe unless they were release at the same time like the hobbits (now why weren't they a 2 pack:confused:)

Palpatine an d Sidious are different enough in behaviour and appearance to warrant the two-pack, I think. I mean, if you knew nothing about Star Wars, and you watched an early Palpatine scene, and then watched the duel with Yoda, you'd never think they were the same guy.

Looking at the admittedly blurry pic of Sidious, it sort of looks like they took the Palpatine sculpt, and added the "prosthetics" on top of it, which is a legitimate thing to do, but I think I would have preferred a little variation in the face, by way of a slight smirk, cackling grin, whatever, just something to give the evil face a little more life. As it is, I think paint will do a great deal.

Also, I stand by the Hasbro Sidious sculpt as an incredible likeness. The Hasbro factories were not up to the challenge of painting such a complicated sculpt, so yes, it did look really stupid, but there was an amazing sculpt under the factory paint.
Palptwov.jpg

I know, and it works in context of the film... but it would look too kindly as a figure. Remember the Hasbro "smiling" Sidious?

I'd go for angry, or sneering, or teeth bared like when he's shocking Luke. Something like that. But I'm sure we'll get a sinister straight-faced Sidious Emperor when the time comes.

But I know Les or Josh will make a "cackling" Sidious for all of us.

Unfortunately.. I think palps is going to have that same blank stare that all SS figure's have.

Agreed 100%. I never would have bought the red robed Palpatine. I only wanted the deformed one. I will still get it, but may try to sell the non-deformed one lose to someone.

Agreed 100%. I never would have bought the red robed Palpatine. I only wanted the deformed one. I will still get it, but may try to sell the non-deformed one lose to someone.

I think there will be a strong market for either of these figures loose. If I had the room, I'd certainly go for it, so I could make an Ep I & II Darth Sidious using Palpatine, and a headswap for the "christening of Vader."

I have to say, considering the high quality of the Star Wars packaging to date, I'm most eager to see the presentation this two-apck gets. Should be very nice indeed.

I would guess around $110... maybe if we are lucky they'll cut us a deal.

Well, they didn't cut a deal for the Endor Strike Force bundle so I doubt they will for this one either. It will be either $110 (55 each) or $120 (60 each.)

Meh. I stopped looking at the price a while ago. Since I've cut back on all my spending, when I do occassionally buy a toy, I can justify the price.

But since we're guessing- I'm going to be less conservative and say that the R&D for the packaging will bump this offering up to a cool $150.

These are gonna be so cool $120 would be a fair number. I'm really excited about these more Sidious than Palps but both will be awsome to own.

You know, I'm actually a bit more stoked for Palpatine. Sidious was a shoe-in to get made, but I wasn't so sure we'd see the unscarred Chancellor. If he hadn't been in that awesome fight with Mace, I'm not sure we would have seen him in figure form.

Accessories wanted:
Right and left sabre grip hands (Palp and Sid)
Force Push hand (Palp and Sid)
Lightening hands (Palp and Sid)
Two sabers with hilts
Cody hologram
Vader christening robe.
Chair expansion- Readyroom seat (the one he sat in right before the fight, save the Throne for ROTJ Palp)

You know, I'm actually a bit more stoked for Palpatine. Sidious was a shoe-in to get made, but I wasn't so sure we'd see the unscarred Chancellor. If he hadn't been in that awesome fight with Mace, I'm not sure we would have seen him in figure form.

Accessories wanted:
Right and left sabre grip hands (Palp and Sid)
Force Push hand (Palp and Sid)
Lightening hands (Palp and Sid)
Two sabers with hilts
Cody hologram
Vader christening robe.
Chair expansion- Readyroom seat (the one he sat in right before the fight, save the Throne for ROTJ Palp)

I'm excited for Palpatine as well since finally we can pose Mace (with severed hand) and Anakin with him in that pivotal ROTS moment...

Well, Mikey I'd totally love if they did his Sith Robe for Anakin's christening as Darth Vader, it would also give us the opportunity to get a Sith robed deformed Palpatine like I want. However, Sideshow, being a business, would not be wise to include this because it then becomes essentially 3 figures in the box, and could taint the sales of a Sith robed Palpatine at a later date separately. No matter what, this pack is going to be fantastic and I can't wait for it to ship, though sadly that is probably a good ammount of time from now. This ranks with Old Ben for highly desired items.

Palpatine (maroon robe) battling Mace--- scarred Palpatine/Emperor post fight with a kneeling Anakin/Darth Vader....

Sign me up.:D

...Also, I stand by the Hasbro Sidious sculpt as an incredible likeness. The Hasbro factories were not up to the challenge of painting such a complicated sculpt, so yes, it did look really stupid, but there was an amazing sculpt under the factory paint.
Palptwov.jpg

I'm actually thinking I might have to track down the Hasblow™ version on th ole Evil-Bay and get one of you brilliant repainters to repaint it for me. I agree, it does look like a decent enough sculpt if painted properly, and to me, Sidious in the Yoda duel robes NEEDS to be cackling, or grinning, or something. I find the SS one too blank an expression. I'll bet the SS outfit is AWESOME though!

Oh, and The SS Palps in red robes, a la Mace duel = :rock

Yeah, I think I am one of the rare people here who actually think Hasbro did a great job on their Sidious. That being said, I still am 100% that I will prefer Sideshow's version over that one. Even immaculately painted by Les, Mikey, or Josh. :lecture

Back