Sidius/Palpatine 2-pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the kind of announcement I've been waiting for, I haven't bought an SSC 1/6 SW figure for a while, but if they make a really good job of these, I would be sorely tempted to pick them up, I wonder what kind of figures we'll get.

TPM version or ROTS????

Judging from the silhouette and hairstyle of Palpatine it looks like either his "prisoner" outfit in ROTS or his "red robe" outfit from ROTS.

We're all guessing that both figures are from ROTS...

Based on the silhouette, the Palpatine figure has to be ROTS or mayyybe AOTC, but the hair isn't full enough to be his TPM incarnation. As for the thought that Sidious would just be a pure Palpatine with Sith robes, that seems like a big waste to me, considering we have a Sidious to cover the important moments of TPM, his screen time in AOTC was minimal, and his time in ROTS pre-lightning deformation was minimal. It only makes sense that if they do a Sidious, it'll be with deformed face. I want to see it be with his Sith robes IF there is no ROTJ version coming anytime soon, but it's tough becaue they're in essence the same figure, but if there's a Jedi version to come then I'd like this one to be his Senate outfit from the Yoda Duel, with the fur and what not, it'd be an impressive costume work.

Since this "announcement" was part of the presentation of new bodies, Iwonder if Palps will feature the new SS/HT body?

Is the new body for adult sized figures? I understood it to be only the child size bodies.

I wonder if they're also collaborating on new adult bodies as well. It would only make sense. Plus, they would make a fortune if they sold them separately like the Buck bodies. I can easily see collectors buying them to upgrade old figures.

I wonder if they're also collaborating on new adult bodies as well. It would only make sense. Plus, they would make a fortune if they sold them separately like the Buck bodies. I can easily see collectors buying them to upgrade old figures.

They video taped yesterdays presentation (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=comiccon07&source=topad) and they made it clear that these new bodies will extend to all the different sized bodies. :D

They video taped yesterdays presentation (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=comiccon07&source=topad) and they made it clear that these new bodies will extend to all the different sized bodies. :D

Thanks Pix, man, the more that comes out about this whole venture, the more it looks good for 1/6 collectors. I hope those who bash SSC a lot pay attention to all this. SSC IS listening to the pleas for a new body and not only are they not just refining the Buck (it'd seem the female buck changes were subtle just for a few immediate figures) but the are turning to Hot Toys for guidance and assistance so that ultimately, both companies can turn out the finest 1/6 figures you can get. Last year was exciting because of Jabba and the Yoda bust, but compared to the developmental knews going on here, this SDCC is the best for us all. And since SO many refer to Hot Toys about armor for Vader, I would imagine Vader's and armor in general are going to come up somewhere in these collaborative workings. The best news is the 9" body can be changed in size according to the video, so maybe down to like 6" or so, could mean a Yoda coming too :)

Guessing twould make sense to do 1 figure with hood and 2 interchangeable heads for sideous / palpatine

rather than a 2 pack

My two cents worth anyhoo

If they are updating all of the bodies then why did they just do a revision to the female body in the style of the Buck figure?

I assume that situations (Padme and Asajj) presented themselves that needed a more immediate solution. DarklordDave did say that the revisions to the female body (according to his sources within Sideshow) would not stop with what we are seeing on Boushh and the next few figures.

I sure hope so. As you can see from the pic and Hot Toy bodies, the male nude has good proportions and includes appropriate bumps for knees and elbows. If these get incorporated into the female, they will automatically have the best 1/6 female bodies in the business...until Triad bodies are released...which is when...? :eek:

i thought we were supposed to see this during the con? or is it like the license announcements, where we are just being told it's in the works?

i thought we were supposed to see this during the con? or is it like the license announcements, where we are just being told it's in the works?

i think we're just going to have to keep an eye on the newsletters. as far as SW goes this SDCC sucked.

Back