Sideshow's 1/6 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I knew Sideshow prices would start going up no matter what...

They're new standard might be around $100 this time next year.

Yeah, $80 is probably the new base price now. I was expecting that's how much Lara would cost.

Sorry for possibly turning this into a "Recession, increasing gas prices, screw Bush," discussion but seriously, this doesn't merit an $80 price tag. What is a "normal" price on a somehwat obscure figure... $60? To raise that price to $80, an increase of $20, is a 33% increase. That doesn't meet inflation, I think... I'm not sure how much things have gone up in the 5+ year long war we've been in and recent economic down turn, but 33% hardly seems justified. For Gandalf, sure, I ordered, because I REALLY want Gandalf, but how many people REALLY want Lara Croft? Sideshow can get away with this seemingly unjustified increase in price sometimes, but not on a piece like this. If the next Dead figure is $80, I'll be happy with #0-1025 and stop there.

I considered ordering, had every intention to order last week at the expected $55-$60 price tag, but ultimately I couldn't even order this knowing I would ulitmately cancel, and why give a false impression of high market demand at these increased prices. Maybe it's time to switch over to Hot Toys at these prices, or stick solely to polystone.

What does this mean for the new Indy PF? if we see a 33% increase on that, since "regular/prerecession" pricing was ~$300-$350, will Indy be at $399-$465?

Lara Croft 12" - go get her now!

I know we have a Lara Croft 12" thread, but I couldn't find it among all the Gears of War threads...

So go get her! Notice the accessories:
Detailed 'signature' outfit with tank top and shorts
Detailed 'arctic' outfit with jacket and pants

12" Lara Croft

Last edited:
Re: Lara Croft 12" - go get her now!

Sorry Dave, for me it's an easy pass (probably the first easy pass I've had in my short collecting life). $80 is a heavy price to pay. Whatever happend to the good old days of a $55-$65 figure?

other thread

Funny, the jacket is what made me love the figure; it ties her with Indy a bit with my eyes and will look great with him.

I would love a display with my favorite adventurers--Indy, Lara, Henry Sr. and Short Round. That would be a heck of a team! For me at least. :cool:

I'm over the costing debate. I pay more for Medicom and Hot Toys and I reckon Sideshow is still up there, in terms of quality, and remains less, in terms of expense. I wont be swapping her out for a bigger busted body, as I'm pretty happy with how they have done her.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. It's not going to suit everyone's taste or ideas of what Lara should resemble, but it still remains a nice figure. Hanging out to see, how distracting her joints are when they put pics up of her in her signature outfit and of, the extra accessories we haven't seen yet.

Sorry Dave, for me it's an easy pass (probably the first easy pass I've had in my short collecting life). $80 is a heavy price to pay. Whatever happend to the good old days of a $55-$65 figure?

other thread

Or the even better days when Universal Monsters figures where 20$ !!

Well, I ordered an exclusive. Still not crazy about the abstract Excalibur, but maybe that'll change after I get around to finishing Legend. The price is a bit higher than I expected, but I still like this figure enough to cough it up and there are plenty of extra accessories, not to mention the sig TR outfit. Me likes.

I know we have a Lara Croft 12" thread, but I couldn't find it among all the Gears of War threads...
What, all three of them? :rolleyes:

Use the search function Dave!!! :D

...Detailed 'signature' outfit with tank top and shorts
I'll definitely have to get a second Lara to have in this outfit! :rock

Baah baah... (I wish there was a sheep emoticon) I pre-ordered today $80 plus bucks and all.

:santa It looks like it will get here just in time for Christmas.

Not sure if they are trying to mimic the video game Lara, but I think the sculpt does bear more than a passing resemblance to Angelina Jolie's movie version. For that alone I got it. :google:

Happy weekend!

Back