Premium Format Sideshow X-Force Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone want to take a guess what the pose is going to be? I am thinking hands at waist with crossed swords going down.

It's not just a repaint...notice that the arms are different? :dunno

I doubt White Storm and B&W DP were pulled from the regular inventory. DPs arm is different. Storm's cape is a different colored cloth that had to be cut and sewn.

The precedent of a recolored variant that doesn't include the EX switch out goes back to the Spider-Man PF in 2006 if not before. White Storm and B&W Deadpool aren't following anything new. If anything SS doesn't alienate those with the EX by having the variants also come with the EX. Good move, really, as the Regular, EX and Recolored Variant are each still "worth it" in some way.

1000th post Freaks!

True true, but it's the same body and face. Possibly same right arm also so I'm not sure how they go about doing these variants.

Im in! Yes I am that guy who will buy anything deadpool or xforce related.

People still use actual paper calendars?

haha, I don't buy em...usually get em free from supermarket or w/e.
heck, I still use flip cell phone on pay as I go, T-Mobile; no internet and texting. I paid off all my debts bout 6 months ago. got a new gig and ready to save...maybe enough to buy a smart phone, maybe a house one day.

True true, but it's the same body and face. Possibly same right arm also so I'm not sure how they go about doing these variants.

Not sure. Maybe in cases where there's slight resculpts it's done digitally?

And while I doubt these recolors are pulled from what's in stock and recolored I of course don't know what they really do, lol. But Spider-Man PF variants, Modern Thing, Blue Variant Baroness, the Hulk Comiquette variations, Blue Angel... this has been a part of SS's scheme for a while, in most cases the variant makes sense to what was in the comics (like Angel, a no brainer repaint), and in many cases there's some resculpting or different colored cloth to be fabricated, so at least some money is spent on the variants beyond just repainting them, even if not much.

I believe I read somewhere before, I don't remember what though, that their current strategy is to keep popular characters in stock longer anyway, so larger ES and variants definitely aids to that goal if true.

Plus whenever they do a variant they usually have older product still in stock they don't do anything to push beyond a price drop...peep that Nick Fury Comiquette they still haven't sold out of yet.

Not sure. Maybe in cases where there's slight resculpts it's done digitally?

And while I doubt these recolors are pulled from what's in stock and recolored I of course don't know what they really do, lol. But Spider-Man PF variants, Modern Thing, Blue Variant Baroness, the Hulk Comiquette variations, Blue Angel... this has been a part of SS's scheme for a while, in most cases the variant makes sense to what was in the comics (like Angel, a no brainer repaint), and in many cases there's some resculpting or different colored cloth to be fabricated, so at least some money is spent on the variants beyond just repainting them, even if not much.

I believe I read somewhere before, I don't remember what though, that their current strategy is to keep popular characters in stock longer anyway, so larger ES and variants definitely aids to that goal if true.

Plus whenever they do a variant they usually have older product still in stock they don't do anything to push beyond a price drop...peep that Nick Fury Comiquette they still haven't sold out of yet.

Yeah but then they do this on Angel, Storm, Deadpool which I wouldn't consider 'popular', even though all the repaints make sense.

Variants are not from old stock, the time and effort to strip them and repaint would be more costly than just making new casts.

I was a huge fan of deadpool when he came out, just as much as any other character but he isn't as wide known for sure to non comic fans. A movie would change that though.
Would probably be a SS movie statue... Hopefully the design won't suck

top 5? more like top 25.

something like:

spiderman
capt America
iron man
hulk
thor
wolverine
venom
some xmen
other avengers