Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agreed

I'll say it once again

Your collection ain't **** without a Thanos EX

#exorfail

I always laugh when i see this ex or fail arguments. It reminds me of people buying expensive cars to compensate for you know what [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must buck the general feeling here. I like the ex version but I much prefer the normal sculpt. It's far more sinister looking which I prefer. It also gives it a more expensive look and that's comforting considering the price.

If you collect long enough you know that your collection in the end, is all about you. I had to realize that I'm not collecting for anyone but ME. I have no audience, fans or anyone out there I need to please. All that "Ex or Fail" ***t is for the birds to me. I don't give a damn who approves or disapproves of my collection. People just look for a reason to say "I'm better than you" Collect for yourself and no one else and be proud of that you can even afford this stuff period. I ordered the REG. Would I have liked to get the exclusive? sure, but I missed it, and you know what, life goes on and I think the REG is a beautiful piece still. Thanos doesn't just smile, he grimaces too. In the end, it's still Thanos.

If you collect long enough you know that your collection in the end, is all about you. I had to realize that I'm not collecting for anyone but ME. I have no audience, fans or anyone out there I need to please. All that "Ex or Fail" ***t is for the birds to me. I don't give a damn who approves or disapproves of my collection. People just look for a reason to say "I'm better than you" Collect for yourself and no one else and be proud of that you can even afford this stuff period. I ordered the REG. Would I have liked to get the exclusive? sure, but I missed it, and you know what, life goes on and I think the REG is a beautiful piece still. Thanos doesn't just smile, he grimaces too. In the end, it's still Thanos.

Just a lot of a-holes out there lol. Cant be bothered with them. Passed on some "grails" I could have added in my collection. But why the hell would i add some character im not interested in lol. For bragging rights? Nah lol

Just a lot of a-holes out there lol. Cant be bothered with them. Passed on some "grails" I could have added in my collection. But why the hell would i add some character im not interested in lol. For bragging rights? Nah lol

Much the reason I observe on here opposed to a lot of posts. Kinda horrified by some comments when this hobby really should be a personal thing.

So true.lol

Both Sculpts are good what i like about the EX is the cosmos in his eyes rather than the grin. On a side comparison the new 52 darkseid i prefer the ex version where he is not grinning.

Both Sculpts are good what i like about the EX is the cosmos in his eyes rather than the grin. On a side comparison the new 52 darkseid i prefer the ex version where he is not grinning.

I can see that. On the flip side it's why I like the other sculpt because the eyes are red. Adds a different dimension to the overall look.

Both versions are fantastic.

I can see that. On the flip side it's why I like the other sculpt because the eyes are red. Adds a different dimension to the overall look.

Both versions are fantastic.

To each his own, am I excited that I was able to get an ex? yes. Would I have bought the piece if I didn't? Yes. Some pieces have exclusives that are not really appealing to me which is why I don't buy them, let someone else who truly wants it enjoy it. The only reason why I was so quick with my purchase on this is because I also bought the print and I want them to match, otherwise I could care less. having this piece in your collection makes up for missing out on an alternate portrait anyday.

To each his own, am I excited that I was able to get an ex? yes. Would I have bought the piece if I didn't? Yes. Some pieces have exclusives that are not really appealing to me which is why I don't buy them, let someone else who truly wants it enjoy it. The only reason why I was so quick with my purchase on this is because I also bought the print and I want them to match, otherwise I could care less. having this piece in your collection makes up for missing out on an alternate portrait anyday.

Nail on the head. It's a very personal thing.

It'll look brilliant with your matching print.

See these are the kind of positive vibes i like seeing in this collecting game

Play nice, Freaks, no need to get all hostile.

Thread cleaned.

Edit:

For the record; Collect what you like and enjoy your collection and if other collectors admire/appreciate yours then that's a bonus. :lecture

Also all the "Ex or Fail" stuff back in the day was all good natured fun. No one took it seriously. I know I, and a few other Freaks, didn't.

Last edited:
Play nice, Freaks, no need to get all hostile.

Thread cleaned.

Edit:

For the record; Collect what you like and enjoy your collection and if other collectors admire/appreciate yours then that's a bonus. :lecture

Also all the "Ex or Fail" stuff back in the day was all good natured fun. No one took it seriously. I know I, and a few other Freaks, didn't.

Yes, llisten to wise SNoopy people. =)

Back